Chapter 11

What if we are not...

Seo notices that Yoona is in the deep thinking again. When will you forget you pass with Yuri

 

“We have arrived” The taxi driver says.

 

“Are you coming in with me?” Seo asks Yoona

 

“Maybe another day. Tonight I have something to do for Yuri”

 

“You are always busy when I ask you something”

 

“I can’t be too easy to get right?”

 

Seo pouts

 

“Aigooo you cutie cheeks! Since you are back FOREVER now I’m sure we will have lots of time to hang out”

 

“Alright” Seo gives Yoona a hug before she goes in.  “Take care and be safe on the way home. ok?”

 

“Okay. And take this”

 

“What is that?”

 

“A gift for welcoming you back.”

 

“Excuseme Miss! For how long will you two keep talking? Let me know so I can turn off the taxi. The gaz is expensive you know?”

 

“Ah yeah ajjussi. I’m leaving now” Yoona says. “See you soon okay” Yoona shakes Seo’s hand and gets in the cab.

 

“Bye bye!” Seo says but the taxi dashes off in the speedy of light “WOW!”

 

“Euhm ajjjussi can you slow down a little the bit” Yoona is trying to not rolling from the left to the right of her seat.

 

“Sorry but my wife is in hospital waiting to give birth for my soon to be son” He presses on the gaz again

 

 

 

Seo let her body falling on the bed “hum ~ it’s so good to be home”

 

“Welcome back Seobaby” Sunny turns the light on

 

“Unnie!” Seo runs to hug Sunny

 

 “Let me look at you for a bit. Aigoo ~ My little cousin has grew up so well. You look like a lady now”

 

“Then you can stop calling me baby from now on”

 

“In my eyes you always are little”

 

“Unnie you sound like an ajuma”

 

“I’ve taking care of you since you were a kid. Don’t blame me if I sound like your mom”

 

When Seo was 3 years old her parents were found death in airplane accident. Sunny parents took care of Seohyun like their own child since then.

 

“Thanks unnie. The room has not changed at all. It gives me a very comfortable feeling. Thank you for keeping everything I had before I went to Japan.”

 

“Are you going back to japan again?”

 

“No, I’m back in Korea for good”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes”

 

“I’m always wondering why you wanted to study in Japan instead of Korea. You did not even notice Yoona when you left. I thought you like her.”

 

“I want to give her time unnie. Time to understand her own feeling.”

 

“Seohyun ah, if you like something then you must fight for it. If you keep staying passive, other people may take it away from you.”

 

“Unnie. I want her to decide by her own. If she has feeling for me, she would come to me. I don’t want to force her doing what she doesn’t like. I’ll respect any of her decision”

 

“You cannot be too kind Seohyun ah. People would take advantage of you”

 

“If it’s the person I like, then it’s not a matter for me as long as the person is leaving well”

 

Sunny shighs deeply. “I don’t want to change your philosophy but believe me. If you scarify too much, you are the one who suffer more than anyone else. You are probably tired after the long flight. I’ll not disturb you any longer. Take a rest, ok?” Sunny says and steps out.

 

Seo lays back on bed to think about what Sunny just told her. “Ouch!“  Her head hits Yoona’s gift. “Let see what she is giving me. Huh? Cell phone?” Seo also sees a note from Yoona.

 

“You silly girl! Why didn’t you say anything before you left? Aren’t we best friends or not? From now on you must report everything to me. Understand? Let keep in touch. I’m saved as #1 in your call list.”

 

Seohyun smiles. She turns the phone on for testing. She sees that a photo of her talking with Yoona is saved as background image. The photo is taken when  they went to visit a goguma field. The memory is flashing back to Seohyun.

 

 

 “Anyeong Yoona” Seo sits down next to Yoona in the cafeteria table

 

“Anyeog Seohyun ah” Yoona replies

 

“Here, I’ve bought this lunch for you”

 

“Thank you! But I have these goguma”

 

 “I always see you eating goguma at lunch. Are they enough for  you? Why don’t you subscribe for the lunch service like us? The cafeteria cuisine of this school is not too bad.”

 

“I will pass. I like goguma because they are good for keeping diet”

 

“Huh. You are so skinny already. I don’t see why you need to be on diet”

 

Yoona just smiles. “If you don’t mind I need to look for a book in the library. See you in class”

 

“Okay. See you soon”

 

The next days, Yoona has been hiding herself at the courtyard of the school during the lunch time. She doesn’t want anybody to know that she has nothing else to eat beside the goguma. She doesn’t want anyone pity.

 

 

 

*Few days later. Seohyun find out that Yoona only eat goguma to save money for the intuition fees*

 

“Hah! I found you” Seo sits next to Yoona on the grass.

 

 “Oh anyeong Seohyun ah” Yoona greets back. She is a little bit surprise because Seo is holding a goguma in the hands.

 

“Let share ok?” Seo says “Here I have one more”

 

“Why are you doing this? I don’t need your pity”

 

“I’m not giving you my pity. I taste it and really like it too”

 

“If I have a choice, I won’t eat goguma. You don’t have to eat them because of me”

 

“I looked up on the net and found that the goguma are highly nutritious. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, fiber, B vitamins, potassium and even iron. It’s the healthiest vegetable to eat.”  Seo tries to make Yoona feels less offended.

 

Since that day, Seo starts to do more research about goguma. She wants to make more products with the goguma. She dreams that one day people will stop thinking that sweet potatoes are for low class people because they are not expensive. For here everything has its own good value, no matter how much it cost. Rich and poor people should have the same right. She wants Yoona to stop feeling ashamed by the poor family bacground.