chapter 12

What if we are not...

“Do you remember what you have to say during the meeting?” Yuri asks Jessica

 

“Yes, I studied the proposal yesterday night so I know it by heart now” Jessica replies

 

“During the presentation, you may forget everything or have a blank. It’s normal when you feel nervous.” Yoona adds

 

“The listeners can intimidate you with their regards. Don’t panic in that case. If you forget anything, look toward our side. We are always there to cover you. ” Yuri says

 

“And, it will not be the same as an oral presentation like you experienced at school. The interaction would not be the same. When you do presentation in class, your classmates would listen to you till the end, and they may ask questions after. However, your listeners during this presentation are CEO and Investor.  They will interrupt you with lots of questions, some could be challenging. If you cannot make them interested to you project, they would end the meeting immediately. They do not want to waste their time.” Yoona explains with more details for Jessica to get prepared mentally.  

 

“We will let you present the main points. But if they ask any question, we will take care of it. Don’t worry.” Yuri says.

 

*buzz*

 

“It’s the Best Prince CEO” Yuri picks up her cell “Anyeonghaseyo Mr Park”

 

“Anyeong haseyou Miss Kwon. I hope you are doing well”

 

“Nae Mr. Park. We are waiting for you and Mr.Johnson”

 

“Would you mind to change location? Mr. Johnson would like to meet at another place.”

 

“Yes, it’s not a problem”

 

“Ah! Thank you very much Miss Kwon for your cooperation. The new place is Song Song Karaoke, room #4. We will wait for you.”

 

 “Nae. See you later.” Yuri hang ups

 

“What  does he say?” Yoona asks

 

“He wants us to joint him at the Karaoke room. We have to go now.” Yuri stands up. The two girls also follow Yuri.

 

“Karaoke room?” Yoona asks. She is a little bit surprised.

 

“Uh” Yuri nodes.

 

Yuri and Yoona look at each other. They understand that a meeting at Karaoke implies with lot of drinking. Both of them are worry for Jessica.

 

“We have to change the plan. I’ll do the presentation” Yuri says

 

“You will do the presentation? But you have not prepare in advance and it will be in English” Yoona says.

 

“Don’t worry. Don’t you remember that I’m the one who wrote the presentation in Korean? I know every details of it. Now, I just need the translated version.”

 

“Are you sure? I still can present the proposition to Mr. Johnson at the karaoke room” Jessica still wants to help.

 

 “No don’t. If he wants to meet us at the Karaoke room, it’s because he wants to flirt more than discuss seriously. He may get mad if you insist too much. If you fail you representation at school, your marks would be affected. But it’s different at work. It you fail this presentation; the whole company would be affected including all the company employees. ”

 

Yoona waves for the taxi

 

“Jessica, I’ll try to recite the presentation during the taxi ride. You correct my English if it’s too difficult to understand.”

 

“Okay” Jessica replies

 

*20 minutes later the girls arrive at the karaoke room*

 

“Hi, Mr. Park. Hello Mr. Johson. I’m Yuri Kwon from KW Hotel” Yuri shakes hands with the investor

 

“Hi, Miss Kwon. Nice to meet you”

 

“This is my assistant Im Yoona”

 

“Hi Miss Im” Mr. Johnson shakes hands with Yoona. ”And she is?”

 

“She is Jessica Jung, my secretary”

 

“Hi, Miss Jung” He embraces Jessica.

 

Yoona and Yuri look at each other.  

 

“Hi, Mr. Park Nice to meet you.” Jessica replies

 

“Your name sounds very American for me. Where are you from?”

 

“I was born in Los Angeles. My family & I just moved back in Korean few months ago.”

 

“Oh really? What a coincident! I’d been leaving there for a while. Were you near off the Korean Town?”

 

“It’s not too far from there. Our house was at the Miracle Mile.”

 

“Oh that was not too far from where I was. I had a house at Beverly Hills.”

 

Damn that man seems to be interested in Jessica. Yuri feels worry.  

 

“Well Johnson, don’t forget that we are present too” Mr. Park interrupts the conversation

 

“Sorry. I’m so excited to meet my American neighbour in Korean. It was not expected at all” Mr. Johnson says

 

“That is really great to hear Mr. Johnson. We hope you will be pleased with our proposition” Yuri adds in

 

“Mr. Park already told me about your interests in Best Prince Hotel. But let have some fun tonight. “Johnson turns toward Jessica

 

“It will not take too long Mr. Johnson. I just need 2 minutes of your” Yuri keeps trying “We guarantee to increase 5% of your dividends in the first year”

 

“That is not bad for the start. Alright, Jessica can you sing? You must know some English songs do you? ”

 

“Ah yes just a little bit”

 

“And you Miss Im can you sing too?” Mr. Park asks Yoona

 

“Just a little.” Yoona replies

 

“That’s good we can duet” Mr. Park starts to choose his song

 

“Hey Park. I’m supposed to song with Jessica first. What are you doing?” Johnson says

 

“Hey first come first serve man. I touch the remote control first. Wait for the next song Johnson” Park replies.

 

“Alright dude! I’ll remember you do this for me.” He turns to Jessica “This dude is always like that. Here have some drink. Let’s cheer up”

 

 “She doesn’t know how to drink. Let me drink it for her if you don’t mind” Yuri says. She tries to catch the glass of wine.

 

“Well Miss Kwon” Johnson smiles “Let her learn how to drink. Social drink is needed for this kind of meeting right? You know the rules. You can’t let your employee drink soda for the rest of the night right”

 

“Yes. Of course I know the rules. Please be easy with her” Yuri tries to put a smile.

 

Jessica sees Johnson pours more wine in the glass. He also fills up a glass for Yuri.

 

“Here let cheer together” Johnson distribute his wine to the girls.

 

Jessica looks at Yuri.

 

“Just take a little sip” Yuri says in korean

 

“CHeerrrrS!!!!!!!!!” Johnson drinks up in one shot. “Come on Jessica. You can’t do that. You have to drink more” He forces Jessica to drink up

 

Yuri is about to take the glass off Jessica’s hand but she already empty the glass.

 

“Gwenchana?” Yuri asks

 

Jessica nodes. She swallows the last gulp.

 

“Wow bravo .You see,  your employee is a very good drinker Miss Kwon. Don’t worry about her” Johnson says.

 

“She is not as good as you seem to see” Yuri smiles forcefully.

 

During the whole night, Johnson keeps feeding wine to Jessica while Mr.Park is drinking soju and playing the rock paper scissors game with Yoona and Yuri. Yuri keeps glancing at Jessica but Mr. Park also keeps challenging Yuri with the soju.

 

The YoonYul drink too much at the point they have to vomit in the bathroom.

 

 

“Ahhrggg don’t touch me!!”

 

Yuri quickly dashes in the room when she hears Jessica’s voice. But the door is locked so she uses her foot the break in. Yoona has never seen Yuri so panicked.

 

 “Johnson!” Yuri punches the American guy on the face when she saw him putting his face in Jessica’s neck.

 

 “OUCH! MAN! WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING !” Johnson shouts out loud because Yuri hurts him too much.

 

“ASK IT YOURSELF. WHAT THE WERE YOU DOING WITH MY GIRL! WHERE IS PARK MYUNG SOO” Yuri yells back.

 

“HIS WIFE CALLED HIM SO HE ALREADY LEFT. MAN THIS HURT” The guy rubs his eye. “! FORGET ABOUT THE PROPOSITION! THIS IS IT!”

 

“DON’T WORRY. I’M NOT GOING TO DO BUSINESS WITH A JERK LIKE YOU”

 

“! REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAY! YOU THINK THE 5% OF DIVIDENDS INTEREST ME? SUNNY LEE GIVES A BETTER OFFERT THAN YOU!!” He shouts on his way out. “That is crazy dare to hit me. She will regret it later” Johnson says when he passes by Yoona.

 

“Jessica? Jessica?” Are you ok?” Yuri shakes Jessica

 

 “Euhmmph” Jessica pushes Yuri out because the alcohol makes her feel uncomfortable.

 

“I think she drank too much” Yoona says

 

“We have to carry her back” Yuri piggyback Jessica without hesitation

 

On the way back to the hotel.  Yoona sits at the front seat of the taxi.

 

Through the mirror, Yoona sees Yuri hols Jessica really tigh. Yuri lets Jessica learn on the shoulder. Yuri ah, I’ve never seen that worry expression you show just now for Jessica.

 

Then Yoona sees Yuri carries Jessica up to the hotel room. She starts to have the jealous feeling. She leaves Yuri and Jessica alone because it’s too much for her to see Yuri carries Jessica on bed. Jessica wraps her arms around Yuri’s neck. Jessica is about to take off her clothes because she feels too hot.

 

“Euhmmph it’s too hot” Jessica says and wants to remove her top

 

“Wait! Wait! wait! Don’t do that.” Yuri applies a fresh towel on Jessica .

 

But Jessica doesn’t want it. She rolls to the right and left to avoid the towel. She pushes Yuri’s hand away.

 

Yuri tries to block Jessica’s arms but she ends up to kiss Jessica accidentally. At that moment Jessica stops moving.

 

Yuri pulls back to observe Jessica’s face. Yuri wonder if Jessica is conscious of not. The she feels Jessica arms wrap around her neck. Jessica pulls Yuri closer. They kiss each other.