Chapter 64

What if we are not...

Yoona is worrying that Seo would discover Yulsic video in the phone. She calls Seo to check.

 

“Seo? Have you waked up?”

 

“Uh. You are so early this morning? Are you getting ready to go to work?”

 

“I’m on the way to the office. Seo, about my cell phone can I have it back? I will take it to repair. There is something important that I need to recover.”

 

“I handed it to Sunny unnie last night. She would send it to repair. What do you need from the phone? Is it every important?”

 

Yoona panics when she heard the phone is in Sunny’s hand. She makes up a lie to not let Seo know about the video, either the messages that Johnson sent. “I saved a very confidential message in my phone. It’s related to the KW committee meeting. I’m just worried that someone would read it”

 

Seo finds it weird because it would be the same if someone else or Sunny repair the phone. “If you let someone else repair the phone, there is also a chance that person can see your message right?”

 

“Yes, but Sunny and Yuri are rival. You know they are not in a good term right. Everything will be more complicated if Sunny knows what happened in the KW committee meeting.”

 

Seo is convinced. “Okay. Let me call Sunny unnie. She must be on the way to office I think.”

 

“Let me know as soon as possible when you have the cell back”

 

“okay” Seo replies and hangs up with Yoona. She dials Sunny’s number immediately.

 

“Yongboseyo? Unnie?”

 

“Uh Seohyun ah. Unnie is driving. I’ll call you back ok?” Sunny is on the way to Yuri’s house.

 

“Wait unnie. I’ll make it very quickly. Do you still have the cell phone that I gave you yesterday?”

 

Sunny doubts why Seo is asking about the phone early in the morning. “Yes, it’s still with me don’t worry. I’ll ask Donghae to repair it for today.”

 

“Can I have it back?”

 

“You don’t want to fix it anymore?”

 

Seo has no choice to explain the situation to Sunny. “In fact, it’s Yoona’s phone. She has saved something important in the phone and she is afraid someone would see it”

 

“Do you know what is it?” Sunny wants to make sure that Seo doesn’t know about Yulsic video.

 

“Some confidential information about KW meeting. She knows the phone is now in your hand. She just wants to avoid creating more conflict between Yuri unnie and you.”

 

Sunny guesses Yoona is concerned about the video. “Where is Yoona now?”

 

“She is on the way to KW office.”

 

“Okay. I’ll bring the phone to her.”

 

“Unnie wait! Don’t be too difficult toward her.”

 

“Okay, I promise”

 

“Thank you unnie”

 

Sunny hangs up and continues to drive to Yuri’s house.

 

At the gate of the Kwon’s house, Yuri is saying goodbye to Jessica. She is hugging not willing to let go of Jessica.

 

“You will be late if you don’t go now” Jessica says.

 

“Are you sure you will be ok at home? You can draw in my office so I can have an eye on you.”

 

“I’ll be ok. I still have Mom at home with me.”

 

Yuri smiles because Jessica starts to call Mrs. Kwon like calling her mom. “You know I’ll miss you even just a second.”

 

Jessica holds on Yuri’s hips and pecks Yuri’s lips to break the hug. “Drive safely”

 

Sunny arrives at the time when Yuri bents down to kiss Jessica longer.

 

Yulsic hear Sunny clapping the door of the car.

 

Yuri glances at Sunny. Then she asks “What? Why are you coming here? Jessica is not coming back to work. The doctor said she could rest for 3 days.”

 

Jessica slaps Yuri’s arm because Yuri should have at least great Sunny.

 

“Let have a talk in private. It’s about Yoona.” Sunny thinks Jessica may be shocked if she just shows the video to Yulsic. Sunny wants to talk to Yuri first.

 

“Let talk here, Jessica has the right to know about Yoona too.” Yuri says to Sunny. She doesn’t want Jessica to think too much because Sunny mentioned Yoona.

 

Sunny doesn’t want to lose more time to argue with Yuri. She says “I think Yoona is being controlled by Johnson.”

 

Yuri doesn’t quite get it “What do you mean?” Yuri frowns.

 

Sunny pulls out the cell phone and shows Yuri all the messages between Johnson and Yoona.

 

Yesterday night, Sunny was curious after seeing the video. She searched further in Yoona’s phone to see if there was something more than the video. Then she saw the messages that Johnson sent to Yoona.

 

Johnson said he knows everything about Yoona. That Yoona’s father had lot of debt, and often stealing too. He also sent a photo which evidenced that Yoona’s was stealing some cash from a street vendor. He asked Yoona to change the contract so he would have 51% share of the Best Prince Hotel, which makes him has the owner status and the right to participate in the committee meeting.  Johnson said he would report Yoona’s father to the police for stealing if she didn’t do as he wanted.

 

“I need to see Yoona now. I need to know why she hided all of these to me” Yuri says.

 

“There is something else that I want to show you. It’s probably the reason why she didn’t talk about Johnson to you.” Sunny shows another text from Johnson saying it would be fun if the video is uploading to internet.

 

“What video?” Yuri asks

 

“I guess she want to protect this.” Sunny shows the video to Yuri.

 

Yuri cannot believe that somebody filmed them. She is very angry because Johnson could share the video to his friends. 

 

Jessica pulls the phone closer to watch more clearly. She frowns. She feels very embarrassed to being filmed. She is tearing up because she wonders how many people have seen the video.

 

Yuri wipes the tears and puts Jessica’s head on her shoulder to comfort the little girl.

 

“Otoke seobang, what should we do?” Jessica says. She is hiding in Yuri’s arms.

 

“I’ll track him down. Johnson! I’ll not let you live in peace. You have harmed too many of my people.” Yuri mutters.

 

“What do you plan to do?” Sunny asks.

 

“To sue him. These messages are the evidence that he used to blackmail Yoona for his own interest” Yuri answers.

 

“You need to be careful. The sender’s number could be someone else than Johnson.”

 

“AND SO WHAT? ARE YOU TELLING ME TO NOT DO ANYTHING TO HIM? HE MADE MY BABY CRY HE MADE YOONA SUFFERT ALL THOSE TIME!!” Yuri is getting angrier

 

“CAN YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN FOR A MOMENT? I’M TRYING TO TALK TO YOU NORMALY AND WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?” Sunny shouts. “WHY ARE YOU LOOSING YOUR TEMPER TOWARD ME?”

 

“BECAUSE YOU WITHHOLD ME TO SUE HIM!”

 

“I’M NOT WITHHOLDING! I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR EVIDENCES ARE LACKING! THEY ARE NOT ENOUGH TO TIE HIM DOWN”

 

Yuri sighs. She doesn’t understand why she yelled at Sunny all out of sudden. Maybe because they were enemies for so long that Yuri is used to argue with Sunny for everything or maybe she is not uses to receive Sunny helps.

 

“None of the messages mentioned your name or KW contract either his name or Best Prince hotel. The messages leave many presumptions that they are from Johnson. Try to read them again, it just mentioned - change the contract - increase the share- your dad is a thief- the video is awesome” Sunny explains to Yuri.

 

“Then what do you want me to do?”

 

“The messages look like a reminder for me. So you need to talk to Yoona. She probably has met with Johnson in person. If she only received the messages it wouldn't be enough for her to understand what to do.” Sunny says. “I’ll leave this phone for you. It’s Yoona phone I don’t know why it’s broken but Seo asks me to repair the phone yesterday. I know Yoona really wants to take it back; probably to prevent the video for spreading. My duty is done. I’m leaving.” Sunny says and steps back to her car.

 

“Sunny!” Yuri calls.

 

“Why?” Yuri asks. “Why are you helping me?”

 

“I’m not helping you. It’s all for Seo.” Sunny shouts before she left. She starts to think that Yoona is not that bad. Even if Yoona hates Yulsic she didn’t use to video to break them apart.

 

After talking with Sunny, Seo informed Yoona that Sunny would bring the phone to KW office. Yoona is waiting with impatient. She is scared to meet with Sunny. But she has to take the phone back no matter what.

 

Yoona is walking back in forth in her office. Then she hears someone knocking. The door opens. She sees Yuri steps; the phone is in Yuri’s hand.

 

Yoonyul stay silent for a while.

 

Yoona see a sad expression on Yuri’s face.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about Johnson?” Yuri finally asks. 

 

Yoona tears up when Yuri steps closer.

 

“He monitored me. He knew everything about me and my dad. He sent me a tone of photos of our daily day, where we went, what we did. He kept blackmailing with the message. If I don’t follow his order, he would report my dad to the police and spread your video on internet.”

 

Yuri touches Yoona’s head and pulls it in for a hug. She just wants to let Yoona cries out all the fear and stress that Yoona had to support.