Chapter 38

What if we are not...

Amber has not talked to her mom as she promised to Mrs. Jung. If she calls home, her mom would ask to confirm the return date, but she is not ready to flight back to the US yet. She cannot leave Korea, especially when Krystal needs her the most. However, today Amber decides to contact her mom because she has not called home since a week and she just moved to another place. She doesn’t want her parents to feel upset.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi mom. It’s me”

 

“Hi sweetie. How have you been in Korea? Are you having fun?”

 

“I have lot of fun. Krystal and I visited a lot of historical places. They look exactly like n the dramas you watch.”

 

“Really? Have you taken lots of picture for me? Did you visit the place where they filmed Dae Jeung Gum?”

 

“We did. I’ll send you the tone of pictures we took. Krystal took millions of it. She looked more like a tourist than me.”

 

“Hahah. That may be because I told her to take a lot of picture for me. How is it to stay with Krystal’s family? Do you help them doing chore? You should contribute a little bit ok? Don’t just sit and eat. It’s too polite to be that way.”

 

“Yes I do and I mostly do for Krystal aka the little Jung princess. Gosh she is not moving any finger. I think she did it on purpose to work me around. Do you know that I have to feed her sometime?”

 

“It’s funny because you always complain about Krystal but you keep hanging out with her. You guys text and call each other like constantly when you are not together. Thanks got I let you go to Korea or I may have to pay a thousand dollar for long distance call.”

 

“Well she is the one who text me nonstop. It’s not my falut”

 

“Honey, you should look at your phone bill history. You call her basically every five minutes.”

 

“I do but my call only last about a minute or two because you know that little princess has a very simple tiny mind. She forgets everything I told her a minute later we hung up. So I just have to remind her.”

 

“Oh well my memory doesn’t say the same. Whenever I overheard you guys it sounds like you are joking around more than reminding Krystal thing to do. Anyways, still even if our families are friends to each other, you should help a little bit ok?”

 

“Don’t worry too much Mom. It’s not the first time I stayed over except that this time is a little bit longer than in the past. Oh and we has moved to a new place. I’ll give you the new address and phone number.”

 

“Krystal’s mom already let me know about that. She noticed me about last week so I’ve got the new number and address. Talking about staying in Korea, how long will you stay there?”

 

“Ummm, can I stay for one more month until the summer ends?”

 

“We will have a little problem. The university has responded to your admission request.

We just got their letter asking you to take the classification exam.”

 

“Really? How come they answered so fast? So that meant they accepted me! Does the letter say when the exam will take place?”

 

“It’s going to be in about three weeks. So you have to decide as quickly as possible honey. I book the flight for you already. You can’t remain longer in Korea because you may lose your chance.”

 

Amber doesn’t want to leave Korea that fast but she doesn’t want to lose her chance either because she just got accepted by Harvard, one of the most respectful universities of world. “Hum, thanks mom I guess I don’t have any choice” Amber is excited about the news but she still need to rethink about her relation with Krystal.

 

Amber hangs up with her mom and goes to see Krystal. She hesitates to announce the news, so she stands on the doorway to observe Krystal’s for a while.

 

After being touched by the stranger Krystal becomes very sensitive. She appears to be normal with people around. She laughs and smiles like nothing happened but she gets startled easily when someone touches her. It’s an automatic reaction as she still has the fear. She has to sleep with the light open because the darkness makes she thinks about the incident at the club. She recalls the face of that ert guy appears when ever she closes her eyes.

 

Amber is wondering if she should tell Krystal’s parents about what happened but she is a little it afraid. Amber tries to think how she can make Krystal happier, then she would talk to Jessica if the condition is worsen.

 

Krystal turns around as she finishes playing with the laptop. She smiles at Amber so the last one would not worry too much.

 

“Do you want to go out?” Amber asks

 

Krystal shakes her head. “I’m good at home”

 

“Let go to the amusement park” Amber’s reach her hand to Krystal.

 

“I don’t really feel like too. Let stay home”

 

“It’s a bit too boring at home. Let go there and make some scary rides. Let yell out and scream out loud” Amber says. She hopes that the screaming would help Krystal to release her fear.  “Come let have some fun. I’ll buy you some ice cream later”

 

“I’m not a kid.”

 

“No you are not. But just let me treat you nicely because I love you ok?”

 

Krystal smiles. She lets Amber lead her out of the house. They take the taxi to reach the amusement park because Amber doesn’t want Krystal to be touch if they take the bus; there will more possibility to be in contact with other people.

 

As they arrive at the destination Amber asks Krystal to wait for her going to buy the ticket.

 

 

Krystal obeys. She waits patently. She must amid that today is a beautiful sunny day; it’s a waste to not going out. Plus the amusement park atmosphere just cheers her up a little bit.

 

At that moment, Minho is approaching Krystal from the back.

 

“Hi Krystal?” He acts like it was a coincident but he actually monitoring Krystal everyday just to have a chance get near of her.

 

“Hi…”

 

“Minho. My name is Minho” He smiles brightly. Sparkles can be seen in his eyes. “I saved you the last time at the club. Do you remember?”

 

“Yes I do. Thank you about the last time”

 

“Don’t worry. Saving you was my duty since it happened in my club right? I have the responsibility to assure my customer safety. Are you coming alone?”

 

“I come with Amber. She is buying the ticket.”

 

“Really?  You are only the two? Can I join you guys?”

 

“Umm”

 

“I’m come alone” Minho is forcing Krystal to say yes. “I wanted to come with my friend but they are all busy or refuse to come because they think it’s too childish to go to this kind of place”

 

“Well some people around 25-30 still come to this place to have some fun.I don’t think it’s only for children”

 

“That’s right. Plus, I have always dream to come here since I was little”

 

“You have never come to amusement park before?”

 

“Well no because my parents were too busy with the business so they have never brought me here. But now that I all grown up I have to experience this at least one time in my life.” Minho makes up a lie just for Krystal to agree. “Hi Amber” He waves when Amber is approaching.

 

Amber is a little surprise to see Minho presence. But she still says “Hi”

 

“So can I join you guys?” Minho asks Krystal again

 

“Do you mind if he joins us? He is coming alone.” Krystal asks Amber.

 

“Ok” Amber doesn’t like it much because she wants to spend time alone with Krystal but since Minho saved her girlfriend the last time, she cannot really refuse him.

 

“Thanks” Minho is all excited.