Chapter 3

What if we are not...

"Tomorrow?" Yuri is surprised

 

"Yes" Mr. Kwon replies. "Miss Park can you come in for a second" He calls his secretary in before Yuri can say other words.

 

"Nea Sajjang-nim you have called me?" Miss Park shows up

 

"Mr. Jung is the new lawyer of our company. Can you show him his office" Mr. Kwon asks his secretary and turns to Mr. Jung "Hyung-nim, Yuri will come to see you in few minutes. After the tour, you may go home earlier today" Mr. Kwon smiles to his long lost friend. 

 

Mr. Jung nodes. He understands that the Kwon father and daughter want to speak in private.

 

The secretary politely bows and guides Mr. Jung out.

 

"Appa, I thought we have a deal before. I'm free to choose my own employee."

 

"And have you find anyone?"

 

Yuri thinks about Yoona but she doesn't want to say because it will be too obvious. "I'm still the selection process with Yoona."

 

"Still. So not yet. Yuri ah, during the previous months  you have fired about 12 employees already. The compensation to fire those employees cost me about the triple off one man salary!!"

 

"But they are really not good. The last one makes me lost our partnership"

 

"I already know about it. Have you revised his work the day before?"

 

Well no because Yuri went to club yesterday. Yuri's father once again surprises her. "Eh? It was just this morning, from whom have you heard it?" Yuri is curious about who could be the spy behind her back.

 

"The partner you met this morning called me directly. He said you have a very bad temper and were unprofessional"

 

"What? Unprofessional ?" Yuri blows her hair. Yuri can picture herself throwing some knife toward the guy. The idea to struggle him comes again in Yuri thoughts.

 

"I don't know how bad your secretary could be. But you also have the responsibility to review his work before the meeting. Have I told you to double check everything you delegate to your employee? Now learn the lesson and STOP firing our employees. It will affect our company image and nobody will want to apply again"

 

Yuri does not agree but she can't argue more.

 

"I already hire Mr.Jung's daughter as you new secretary. Now I can't go back to my words. Don't make me loose my face. You have to work with her. And remember you CAN NOT fire her or I'm going to cut your salary for the compensation. "

 

Yuri drops her jaw "How can you do that appa. I'm your daughter after all"

 

"That's why you have to learn how to work with people instead of firing anyone you don't like. Learn how to deal with people. You have to find new solution when things do not turn out as you have planed. If you can't do that I cannot let you drive my company. I can't picture all my employees will be fired by you when you take over my position"

 

Yuri tries to think about what her father just tells.

 

"Everyone makes mistake Yuri ah. Put yourself in the shoes of that employee, would you like to be fired? He probably has a family to care. Probably a sick mother or some babies to feed. "

 

Yuri sighs. " Okay. But what is her background? Mr. Jung's daughter."

 

"She studied fashion designer in US. But she needs a job to help her family current situation"

 

"Fashion? So she has no experience at all"

 

"Well teach her. It will help you to understand how to be patient toward people around you"

 

"There is something I don't understand. How difficult her family situation could be. Her father is a lawyer why does she need to help for?"

 

"I don't want to go too much in details. But there is something bad  happened to Mr. Jung in US. It made him  lost his jobs and a very painful memory. So he wants to start everything over in Korea. If it wasn't him, I could not success like today. So do me a favor, be easy with his daughter. Okay?"

 

"Okay~" Yuri desperately replies

 

After presenting the company business to Mr. Jung, Yuri excuses herself to return in her office. She calls Yoona right away.

 

"So any update about the Best Prince Hotel" Yuri asks

 

"Don't worry Sunny is still not made any move yet. I'm able to get some information about the hotel history, it construction and potential annual revenue. I'll send to you immediately"

 

"No let go trough the information and do more research tonight. We have to be faster than Sunny. Try to approach Best Prince CEO. I want to meet him as soon as possible"

 

"But will you have enough time"

 

"Don't worry about it" Yuri happily hangs up since it will be a good excuse to stay with Yoona the whole night. Yuri smirks.

 

The working hour has ended, everybody left the building except Yoonyul is still working on the 9th floor. Yuri pretends to read the document but she secretly glances at Yoona She really can't focus because Yoona looks so attractive under the desktop light. She thinks she should make Yoona working late more often and one day she will success to ask Yoona out. When she is dreaming about their first kiss, she can't help to smile like an idiot.

 

"Focus Yuri" Yoona hits Yuri head with the document.

 

"Ouch!"

 

"Tired?"

 

"Nope"

 

"But I'm. Can we continue tomorrow?"

 

"Why tomorrow. I should be done tonight"

 

"Look you were not listening to me at all and it's 11:30pm already. You want me to sleep over here or what?"

 

"Okay" The girls pick up their purses and start to walk down to Yuri's car.

 

"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something before I send you home?"  Yuri asks

 

"Anyo" Yoona yawns  and gets in the car. "I still have some left over at home, don’t waste your money"

 

"What waste. You should eat more properly. And stop eating those left over meals. it's not healthy"

 

"It's just left for one day. Still eatable. Do you know many children have nothing to eat. I'm thankful that I can eat everyday. Even white rice is enough for me."

 

Yuri shakes her head. "One day I'll make you eat a bunch of fried chicken to make you become chubby"

 

But Yoona already sleep in because she is too tired. Yuri gently pull down Yoona's chair to the last one could sleep more comfortably. At that moment, Yuri is so close to Yoona that she wants to steel a kiss. She gulps but she remains herself that she should not take advantage of the situation. If she has to kiss it should be when Yoona is awake.

 

Arrive at Yoona's house, Taecyeon is waiting in front of the door. Yuri doesn't feel easy about seing Taec waiting for Yoona.

 

"You are still awake at this time?" Yuri asks

 

"Yes. I'm worried that something will happen to her since it’s too late" Taec replies. "Is she sleeping?"

 

What a stupid question, can't you see. Yuri thinks but she simply replies "Yes"

 

"Thanks for sending her home. You can leave now. I'll carry her in"

 

WHAT? I should be the one to carry her in you monkey. But Yuri doesn't want to wake Yoona up so she just let Taec piggy back Yoona. At least is not the bridal style. Next time I should bring her to my home instead.

 

Teac waves good bye to Yuri which makes her annoyed to see  Yoona on Taec's back.

 

It takes Yuri about 20min more to get home. Everybody is sleeping soundly so Yuri has to tiptoes in her room.

 

She immediately falls on her bed but bounces up right away when she hears some kind of dolphin scream under the cover.

 

"Ya what the heck is it?" Yuri wants to turn on the light but then she gets hit continuously by the pillow.

 

When she is able to wrap the pillow and the intruder in her arms, she feels somebody just bites her shoulder.

 

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU"

 

The light is by the intruder

 

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU!!"

 

"YA ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?"