Knowing the Truth

My Horoscope Says

 

      You helped Yunho with his food. He finished his porridge when your phone rang. You fished your phone out of your pocket.

 

“Oh Jung Min oppa. What’s up?”

“Annyeong Mara-ah. I heard Yunho hyung is in the hospital? How’s his condition?”

“Ah yeah. He’s fine now. Of course~ I’ve been taking care of him.”

“Good, good then. Would you mind if we could meet at the café today?”

“Sure. I don’t mind. Why oppa?”

“I need to tell you something, something really important.”

“Okay, what time are we going to meet?”

“Great! I’ll meet you there at 3pm.”

 

      You sighed as you placed your phone on the bedside table. You sat beside Yunho and ruffled his hair. “Do you remember who did that to you oppa? Why did he hurt you? Is he/she an anti-fan?” You were really in deep thought about this. You started to be conscious with the topic when Jung Min called. His voice sounded rather troubled, nervous or whatnot which made you feel uncomfortable.

 

     Yunho started to feel nervous with your sudden question.  “Do I really need to answer?” He lowly muttered. He was fidgeting his fingers uncontrollably, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, his foot started to shake. You rubbed his back, “Why are you nervous oppa? Tell me. Please”. With your soft voice and plead, he started calming down. He cupped your face, his eyes stared you with sincerity. “It’s Hyun Joong.”

 

      Time halted, your breathing paced up, your body suddenly became feeble and limp. “Yo-your kidding right? No. no. No.” You shook your head repeatedly. ‘He can’t do that to Yunho oppa. I know. Hyun oppa can’t hurt him.’ “He can’t. He can’t. Andwe. Andweyo.”

 

     Yunho never responded your questions to him. He knew you wouldn’t believe him in the first place that’s why he doubted at first if he will tell you or not. ‘Even if you’ll not believe me, I just wish you will know that I never cheated on you.’

He cradled your body trying to cease your soft sobs. He couldn’t blame you for not having faith with his revelation because Hyun Joong is a special person in your life besides him. With that, he gently let you go then wiped your tears with his thumbs. He lightly smiled, “Go now. Jung Min is waiting for you.”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 

      You arrived ten minutes early in the café. You ordered two cappuccinos then settled pleasantly on the shop’s lounge chairs. Sipping your cup, you silently stared at the wall’s painting at the same time, contemplating with the events especially the day Hyun Joong and Yunho met each other. It was like solving a tricky riddle, unraveling an arduous mystery.

 

“A penny for your thoughts?” You snapped back to reality seeing Jung Min taking a seat across you. You smiled and greeted him with a friendly hug. “I’m sorry if I’m late. We had an emergency meeting with manager. How long have you been waiting?”

“Anniyo. Don’t worry about it! I just arrived actually. You look tired oppa. Please eat more and have lots of rest.”

“You should be the one who should be doing those not me. I mean, look at you. You’re so skinny and haggard-looking. So I think you should buy my cosmetics in my online shop!” He cackled and sipped his cup which you ordered for him. “Whatever oppa!” You giggled.

“Anyway… the reason I called you…” You glanced at him but upon seeing his serious expression, your brief happy moment was broken. “This is about your relationship with Hyun Joong hyung and Yunho hyung dongsaeng-ah.” Your heart suddenly jumped and paced. You remained silent and just nodded to signal him to continue.

“It’s not that I’m meddling in your life, I will tell you this because I’m really worried about you Mara.”

“Yes oppa. Komawo for worrying for me.”

“So, you and Yunho hyung. Personally, when I knew Hyun Joong hyung was your best friend and when I saw how close the two you are, I thought that you two would be a nice couple. But that was before, not after I discovered something.”

“And what is that?” Jung Min grabbed his bag and file case. He put a camera and a brown envelope on the table. “Before I will show these to you, I’m telling you now that I don’t mean to destroy anything or what. I’m doing this out of concern and care.”

“I promise oppa, I’m actually thanking you for helping me with this mishap.” He held the camera; he leaned closer to you and hit the play button.

“I can’t believe it… it was Hyun oppa all along?”

“Want more proof? See these.” He opened the envelope. Piles of pictures were on his hands and he gently showed them to you. “Where and how did you get these?”

“There was a time when I became really suspicious of him. Ever since he knew that you and Yunho hyung are in a relationship, he started isolating himself with the four of us. He often speaks on his phone and I heard the man’s name was Han Min Gyo. He was hired by Hyun Joong hyung to stalk on you, stalk on Yunho hyung and follow his orders. It was really ticking me so I also hired to spy on hyung.”

“But… But… Why on earth would he do that? After all this time, he was acting like he was my ever-supportive best friend comforting me every time I am heartbroken with my arguments with Yunho oppa. Where in he is the root of all the tears I shed? And to think I hurt Yunho oppa for not believing him? I’m… I’m so… PATETHIC!” You pounded the coffee table, startling Jung Min. “Omona, calm down.”

“I’m sorry Jung Min oppa, I need to settle everything with Yunho oppa.” You immediately dashed out of the store. ‘I can’t believe myself! I’m so stupid. Yunho oppa mianhe. I hope you can forgive me for doubting you.’ You drove your car and headed straight to the hospital.

 

     Jung Min saw your indistinct aura so he tried to follow you. ‘ Be Careful Mara.’ It was too late when he exited the shop. You were already nowhere to be seen.

 

      Jung Min’s phone rang. Thinking I was you who called, he immediately answered it. On the contrary, his eyes brows started wrinkling upon hearing the voice. “What an excellent action Jung Min-ah!”

“What do you want lowlife creature?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to ask how’s life going with you.”

“Cut the act Hyun Joong. Tell it to me directly you .”

“Ahohoho. I hope you’ll not regret what you just did.”

“What are you- Yah! Yobosaeyo?!” Jung Min furiously shut his phone, grabbed his things and car keys and went to the hospital. ‘Mara-ah, Yunho hyung, please be safe.’

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Yunho oppa I’m-”

“MARA! GO OUT OF THE ROOM!” An unknown man was pointing a gun at Yunho. You panicked and didn’t know what to do. Then the man punched Yunho knocking him down but he was still conscious. You kicked the man in his knee making him fall on the ground thanks to your self-defense lessons. You quickly supported Yunho’s body. You held his left arm on your shoulders and your right arm around his waist.

“Can you still do it oppa? Are you fine?”

“Yeah. I think so.” He panted as he continued massaging his stomach. You saw a bench on the hospital garden. “Let’s rest here first.”

“A-araso.”

“You’re back together again huh?” A man approached you and you stood in front of Yunho protecting him. You coldly hissed, “What do you want?!”