Anything for Appa

My Horoscope Says

      You were in the kitchen cooking kimchi as your lunch. You placed the plates and utensils neatly on the table. You were about to sit down when someone knocked at the door. You ran to get the door and revealed your Dad. Being the busy man he is, you were shocked right at the moment. You instantly hugged him as you silently wept. You missed him so much and he responded to your action and ruffled your hair.


“Aigoo, I miss you my sweet Mara.” Shin Jong Ri, your Dad, smiled at you.

“You too dad! How were you?” You led him inside and headed to the kitchen. You got another plate and a pair of spoon and fork and placed it right next to yours. He sat down quietly and waited for you to sit down. You returned to the table carrying a tray with a bowl of rice and soup.


“I miss your cooking so much Mara-ah.”

“I’m not as good as Mom. But I hope you like it.”

“How come you’re not working? Are you on a holiday?” He asked as he sipped a spoon of soup.

“Yeah. My boss gave me my first break since I started working. He gave me two months vacation. I only have a month left though. Why did you ask?”

“Mara-ah, do you think you can reconsider?” His tone suddenly became a bit lonely.

“Dad, I thought we made this clear?” You looked at him seriously.

“I know but…”

“But what?”

“You see, I was diagnosed with diabetes and my doctor said it is better for me to take a rest for a while.” As he was explaining, you dropped your spoon unconsciously. Your vision got blurry as tears watered your eyes. Your body took the action and hugged him. You felt guilty that you kept sticking to your pride and didn’t know about your Dad’s condition.


“Mianhe Appa. I’ll do it. I’ll do it! Mianhe for not knowing.”

“Thank you Mara-ah. You made me so happy.” He patted your back and calmed you down.

“Anything for appa, I’ll certainly do it even it means giving up my dream.”

--------------------------------------------------


      DBSK arrived safely in Korea. Media men and paparazzi swooned all over them. Flashes of cameras, red dot video recorders, speakers and mics welcomed their return. Loud screams echoed all over the airport as Cassiopeia raised their banners up and greeted the boys. With the help of their bodyguards and staff, they safely made it to their van. Even now they were inside; they could still their beloved fans wail.


“I love you Yunho oppa!” A fan shouted. Yunho was spacing out and came back to reality.

“I love you Yunho oppa.” He suddenly heard Mara’s voice inside his head.


‘You don’t love as me. You only love me as the singer Yunho.’ He mentally replied to his fan.


      He sighed. He is now back being the U-know Yunho, leader of DBSK. He was frustrated and placed his hand on his forehead; his thumb holding his jaw line while his remaining fingers touched his forehead. He is back to Yunho who shows only his strong side to the public. Back to your home, he can fully express his self. He could freely do anything he likes without minding other people. Because of his persona being the famous Leader-sshi, he couldn’t show his weak side. Instead, he should appear as the responsible and reliable person the whole world knows.

--------------------------------------------------


“Dad, mind if you could come with me at the airport?” You asked him as you stood next to the door, holding you car keys.

“Sure. How about we have fun after going there?”

“Araso!” You happily linked your arms to his and skipped like four-year-old girl.


      You arrived at the airport and parked your car in front of the entrance.

“Can you wait just for a bit? I promise not to take a while. I’ll be right back daddy!” You gently closed the passenger seat door and entered the office. Your work mates and co stewards and stewardess smiled at you. You handed the manager a letter and bowed at him. You exited the airport and rode your car. He looked at the front envelope. It read;

RESIGNATION LETTER