Best Family Portrait

My Horoscope Says

      You all ate breakfast and prepared yourselves. Before entering the bathroom, you grabbed a book entitled, Star Signs. You read a paragraph under your sign and it read;

The month of May will be successful for you. You might make some new friends or your circle of friends will be widened. It is also a favorable time to like someone, for exchanging experience, ideas and plans.

Lucky Color: Yellow

Lucky Item: Belt


      You took a bath and went to your walk-in closet. You picked a yellow draped balloon dress and took an elastic belt following what your horoscope told you. (http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/myhoroscopesays/yellowbeltedballoondress.jpg)


      You fixed Miguel’s clothes and arranged his Ben Ten backpack. You brushed his hair and helped him tie his Red Converse. Yunho carried Miguel on your way to the car. He helped Miguel with his seatbelt and rode the front seat. You started the engine and drove off.


“Miguel-ah! We’ll go to Majestic Palace!” You excitedly exclaimed as you looked at him using the rear-view mirror.

“Yay!” He joyfully jumped in his seat.

“Mommy, you’re the best!” Miguel went in between the driver and the passenger’s seat. He leaned and kissed your cheek.

“Miguel-ah, why do you call your Auntie Mara mommy?” Yunho faced him waiting patiently for the boy’s answer.

“It’s because she’s kind and fond of Miguel like Michi-umma.” He smiled at Yunho showing his cute little milk teeth.

“Is Miguel also kind to Auntie Mara?” Yunho peeked at your face. He saw you blushing.

“Oh yeah! Miguel is my sweet angel.” You nudged Yunho’s arm keeping you left hand on the steering wheel.


      You spent twenty minutes before you reached Majestic Palace. Miguel ran to the entrance and you chased after him. You bought tickets and went inside. Miguel was in between you and Yunho. You were holding Miguel’s left hand while Yunho was holding the right.


‘It’s like we’re a family. Yunho’s a daddy, I’m a mommy and Miguel is our son.’ You smiled sweetly as you swung Miguel’s arm high.

‘W-wait! What did I just think? There is no way that he will like me.’



“Uwaaaaaa!” Miguel sped up when he saw the carousel.

“You want to ride that?” Yunho asked him. Miguel nodded and the three of you queued up the line.


“What do we ride next?” You talked to Miguel. He was looking around the park to look for something fun to ride. He pointed at the mini roller coaster.

“Whaa-whaat? You want that?” Your knees began to shake. You are tough and strong with heights but you are a chicken when it comes to loops.


      Miguel already lined up. Yunho took your hand and went after him.


‘I want to hold your hand every time.’

‘Please don’t let go of my hand I’m scared.’


      Each seat fit three people. Yunho was in the middle, cuddling Miguel on his right as his left hand was holding your right hand.


“Aigoo my cute little lamb is scared. Don't worry! The lion is here to protect you.” He assured you. Your heart started to beat faster when he held it even more tightly.


      The ride began moving and it went up high. Slowly, it dove down and went around the loop. You buried your head on his chest as your left arm hugged his body tightly. Miguel, on the other hand, held the ride handle with his tiny hands. He was just smiling, enjoying the ride while Yunho feels very delighted, and relishing the coaster ride.


      You stumbled out of the cart and started feeling dizzy.


“I’m dizzy. Let’s go sit there for a while.” You were holding your forehead with your right hand as you wobbled your way towards the bench.


      Yunho suddenly saw a crowd of people. With his curiosity, he went over to check out what was happening. It was a photo contest. His eyes glittered and shoved people to see the participants.


      You were wondering where Yunho was heading so you held Miguel and followed his direction. You stood beside him as you carried Miguel.


“Ah! We need another family to participate!” The game host pointed at your direction. You and Yunho looked at each other, not sure if you’ll agree.

“The first placer wins free tickets to Japan!” Miguel jumped and ran, dragging you closer to the stage. Yunho had no other choice but to follow.

The three of you stood at the left side of the stage along with the other families. The host then explained the mechanics of the game.

“All of the families will have their family picture taken. Whoever gets the highest vote made by our audience present here, wins the prize! We have a room there and you can freely choose and get some props.”


      You patiently waited for your turn. You thought of a photo concept and went inside the props room. You got three balloons matching the colors of your clothes. Miguel’s color was red, Yunho’s was green and yours was yellow.


“Jung Family!” The announcer shouted.


      You went inside the studio. You and Yunho held hands while Miguel sat on Yunho’s shoulder. You held the yellow balloon with your right hand and slightly folded your right leg sideward. Yunho held his green balloon left hand. Miguel placed his right hand at the back of Yunho’s head as his left hand raised the red balloon up.


       After the shoot, all of the families nervously anticipated for the vote results.


“We will announce now the winners!” The audience applauded. You were nervous, Yunho somehow wanted to win the prize.


      The MC announced the Choi family as the third placer and the Han family as the second placer.


“And now, the winner of the jackpot prize is…” You crossed both your fingers as you closed your eyes.

“The Best Family Portrait winner is none other than the Jung family!” You jumped with joy upon hearing the winner. Yunho excitedly carried you and spun you around. Miguel high-fived Yunho.


“Way to go daddy! Yay! We won!” Yunho was felt a happy kind of shock when Miguel addressed him ‘daddy’.

“You want me as your daddy?” Miguel nodded.

“Miguel wants Daddy Yunho to marry Mommy Mara someday!” Yunho looked at your hazel brown eyes as the both of you blushed.

“My family must be hungry ne? Kaja!” The three of you happily walked hand in hand heading toward a restaurant.


‘I admit it. I really like him.’