We’re Just Even

My Horoscope Says

      Jaejoong, Junsu and Changmin went back home from the airport. They exited the building’s elevator and saw the veterinarian waiting outside their room’s door.


“Annyeong haseyo. How long have you been waiting?” Jaejoong bowed.

“I just got here. By the way where is Yoochun-sshi?”

“He’s just left for Japan. He told us to look Harang over.” Junsu answered. (Here is Harang http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/myhoroscopesays/harang.jpg)

“Is that so? Well then, please look after him.” Dr. Lim handed Harang’s dog tie to Junsu. He walked to Changmin and Jaejoong. He gave them a small brown paper bag. Inside it is the medicine for Harang.

“Please mix one mL of that syrup into his food.”

“What is this syrup for?” Changmin asked, he grabbed and looked at the syrup bottle.

“He has been experiencing stomach pains because of the chicken bone he had eaten five days ago. It will help him heal the scratch the bone made in his stomach lining.”

“Chicken bone? If I can recall—“ Changmin stopped and was taken aback when he remembered something.


FLASHBACK

Changmin was in the kitchen, seated on a dining chair. He was eating bibimbap and Harang came running.

“Arf arf arf arf arf~~!” Harang Changmin’s foot.

“Ya! What now?! Can’t you see I’m eating?” He talked with his mouth full.

“Arf arf arf arf arf~~!”  Harang stood in front of the table, two front limbs near Changmin’s plate and ate Changmin’s food.

“AISH! Stupid dog! You didn’t tell me you were hungry. Go ahead have this chicken!” Changmin angrily threw a chicken leg at Harang. Harang ran after it and happily ate the chicken.

END OF FLASHBACK


‘Omo! If Yoochun hyung knew it was my fault, he will really kill me!’


“What were you saying Changmin-sshi?” Dr. Lim asked him.

“Ahh. Nothing. I meant, I’ll take care of him.”

“Ne, Dr. Lim. We will! Kamsamhamnida.” Jaejoong bowed politely at him.


      Junsu handed Jaejoong the door’s key and opened it. Harang immediately ran inside, dragging poor Junsu violently. With Harang’s strength, he lost his grip on the tie. Harang ran around the dorm like a mad dog. He silently went in Changmin’s room and found Hambee inside his closet. He settled there and started nibbling Hambee, thinking it was food.


      Changmin headed towards the fridge to fetch some mango juice. He also opened the food cabinet and grabbed some chips and crackers. Jaejoong on the other hand, sat in the living room. He read the medicine description and instruction.


“Hyung, what are you reading?” Changmin nudged Jaejoong’s knee, signaling him to scoot some space for him.

“I’m reading the instruction.” Jaejoong seriously read the paper.

“It said here, we should scoop three cups of dog food and put one mL of syrup.”

“Ohhhh. Okay. I’ll remember that. Three cups and one mL syrup! Got that!”


      He stood up and went to his room. He placed his juice and snacks at the end table. He then got his laptop from his desk and placed it on the bed. He laid on the bed, his face facing the ceiling.


      He started to type down his email when he heard some noises from his closet door. He started to listen to the sound and switched on the light. Harang appeared in front of him, chewing Hambee.


      Changmin was shocked with what he was seeing. He pulled Hambee away from Harang but he resisted.


“Harang-ah! Give it back!” He pulled Hambee with more strength. With what he did, Hambee was torn into pieces. Changmin fell on the floor, his knees on the ground as he stared Hambee with sadness.

“My poor Hambee-ah, oppa was not able to protect you. You glutton dog! I’ll get my revenge on you!”


      His hands turned into fists and were shaking with hate. He was about to punch the dog. Then, the chicken bone incident waved again on his head which made him calm.


“Oh yeah. Nice going smart dog. This is payback for the chicken bone, I see. We’re just even now huh Harang? I’ll let this slide this time. But if you harm Chugwa, you’ll eat this!” He waved this balled fist in front of Harang. Harang just ignored him and went out of the room.


“Mianheyo Hambee-ah. Oppa can’t hurt him for you.” He picked up the torn Hambee up and placed it inside the closet drawer.