QUIET DAY

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

KIM JIN AH

I felt two hands covering my eyes and I didn’t have to be surprised since it was expected to be my best friend, Sungyeol, I turned around and was surprised to see him without his eyeglasses, I broke to laughter.

                “Fine, I know it looks weird without my glasses on.” He started walking down the hallway. I ran after him and put my arms around his shoulders.

                “You look totally different without those geek glasses, you know!” I complimented, “Honestly.” Still laughing.

We entered our room and found our classmates staring at us.

                “What’s up?” I asked my seatmate as I settled on my seat, my bag on my desk.

                “Haven’t you seen the gigantic news?” she was showing a smug face. Who was she by the way?

I ran out of the room and headed back to entrance where a huge bulletin was located, read what was posted and felt ashamed after.

                “I never thought that it will happen this soon.” Sungyeol talked from behind.

                “Damn, I-uh, .” I cursed whispering.

The announcement that I and Youngmin will be married was even posted here on school?!

The other students who were standing beside us were like too preoccupied with the news that they started crying saying that their prince will be married, the others where endlessly pressing their keypads and many more.

Soon after the students were done emoting that way, they started to vanish but was replaced by a girl, she was actually taller than me, and she looking at his appearance came from a rich family. She read what was written like a professional one who didn’t know how to socialize with human like us.

I stepped backward and was about to go back in the classroom with Sungyeol when she spoke, “Are you this girl, Jin ah?”

I faced her and she was looking at me, I nodded with her question and she looked at me from head to toe, with those criticizing eyes then smirked.

Without saying a word, she walked away and left us hanging, like was she insane?

Whatever it was, we returned to the classroom and the usual discussion, still no one’s paying attention to me, even our teacher hated me? What had I done?

Dismissal and those lady guards were on the gate already waiting for me. I bid goodbye to Sungyeol and get in the car, it was quiet on our way to the mansion. Two black cars were in front and behind as well. Is this what they called life in fairytale? Being followed by so many guards to secure protection and such, but I was supposedly having the time of my life not being stacked in this place! I took a deep breath and sighed.

                “Young lady, is there any problem?” Myungsoo asked looking at me through the rear view mirror.

I forgot about him, “I’m fine, maybe just stressed from all this freakiness.”

                “You’ll get used to it soon, just like how young master survived it.”

We reached the mansion and entered my room, it was opposite his room and it was really, really quiet. Like a ghost could scare me to death if it suddenly goes out!

                “Young—

                “Oh my!” I shouted because of Ahjussi. He suddenly went out from the wall.

                “Mianhe Young lady,” he bowed, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

                “That’s okay,” I fixed my bangs. “What do you want from me Ahjussi?”

                “Young Lady, my name’s Mr. Chan, and you can call me if ever you’ll encounter any problem on your way regarding the mansion.”

                “I’ve seen you before, Mr. Chan, you were with Youngmin before right?”

                “Deh, I’m his butler.”

                “Ahh.,”

                “That’s all Young Lady, if you need anything just call me.”

He was about to go but I spoke, making him turn. “Yes, Young Lady?”

                “I-I want to know where is Youngmin?”

It’s not that I was concerned or something, you know just asking.

He smiled and said, “It’s normal for a soon to be couple to find her husband.”

                “Ani-“I felt my face turning red while shaking my head.

                “Young Master is meeting his old friend, his father allowed him but he’ll be back at about 10 in the evening.”

I nodded as a sign that I understood what he said.

I went to my room and again, though this day was definitely defined as boring it was full of surprises.

Those lady guards were standing by the bed while holding dress and shoes. I only stared at them.

                “Young Lady,” the girl named Jieun who was the head of them all started speaking. “You are obliged to wear this dress and this shoes designed by one of the greatest designers all over the world. The cloth was so fine that would suit your skin, this pair of black but elegant shoes has a 5 inches heels designed and imported by a famous clothing line all over the world as well.”

If ever it won’t be shameless to collapse here, I would have done it, the heck those high heels would kill me! And those too y dress, black dress that will reveal my shoulders and knees?!

                “Why do I have to wear those, if I’ll just lie on the bed and sleep?”

                “That’s compulsory for this royal family.” She smiled and they started fixing me.