LETTUCE

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

KIM JINAH

I got surprised when he said order whatever I want. So without faltering, I grabbed the menu from the waiter and picked those that looked really, really enchanting to the eyes.

After a minute, the foodstuffs came one by one.

                “Wow!” I exclaimed amazed.

                “Yah, I thought you weren’t hungry?”

                “Ne”

                “Then you call yourself not hungry in that situation?”

I opened my mouth and ate it one by one.

                “We’re like this at home, he he.” I chuckled and continued eating. “This is really delicious!”

I looked at Youngmin who showed a funny appearance, he seemed not too pleased with the way I eat nonstop.

                “Do you want to eat?” I asked because I couldn’t endure his look.

                “No, thanks.”

I smirked and got another chopstick then picked a lettuce. I got meat, put it inside the lettuce then placed the chopsticks down the table.

                “Say ahh..”I motioned him to open his mouth.

                “What’s that?”

                “Meatylicious lettuce!” I positioned the lettuce in front of his mouth.

I moved nearer so that he could reach it but he only moved away.

                “Can you call that an edible food? You made it with your bare dirty hand and you want me to eat that?” he judged like it came from the trash bin.

                “Yah! Tsk, arasseo if you don’t want then I’ll eat it.” I shoved it directly to my mouth. “You’re too mean, that’s why you can’t taste real delicious food existing here in Korea.”

I went back on my eating and after a while, I got full and we headed back to the mansion.

Mr Cha was waiting by the door and told us that the president was waiting. We walked silently and I felt that my stomach was back to normal due to long walk.

Aish, I felt hungry again. I thought and touched my stomach but I suddenly bumped on Youngmin’s back as he made a sudden stop.

                “Yah, why don’t you watch were you’re going?” he complained.

                “Mianhe”

We entered a huge private room. Youngmin was sitting beside me while I listened carefully to the president.

                “I want you to be reminded with your responsibilities.” Mr Jo told us.

“Deh” I answered with all respect.

                “What do you mean Appa?” Youngmin questioned him.

                “A lot of people knew about the two of you already. Be careful with your actions because there might be unwanted people who would appear and ruin our family. You get it?”

He nodded and I did the same.

                “You may go now.”

 

 We’re back in our own rooms, I was sitting on my bed but then I felt really bored so I thought of visiting Youngmin. I mischievoiusly knocked in his door and went inside.

He was lying on the bed and was reading a book.

                “What are you doing here?”

I quickly sat on the chair near his bed.

                “Nothing, I felt really bored and I have no one to talk to.”

                “And you came here to have a conversation with me?”

I nodded and saw him smile.

                “Don’t you feel the same inside this mansion?”

                “I’m used to it and you have to do the same because you’ll be living here.”

I stood up and roamed around his room, I found books which were weird in someways because they were too old and I tried to open one but then it was too dull to read.

I wandered again and found a soccer ball displayed inside the cabinet.

                “I didn’t know you liked soccer as well.”

                “Suzy gave that to me during my 15th birthday so I tried to play once and I enjoyed it.”

I looked at him and saw him pleased.

If it’s Suzy he can’t stop himself from smiling but when it’s me, I can’t make him smile.

I sighed and went back to his chair.

                “I’ll soon replace that ball.” I murmured.

                “What did you say?”

                “I said, I remember I have something else to do.” I stood up. “JIeun might be looking for me now.”

I went out and left him.