INSECURITIES

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

JO YOUNGMIN

We didn’t know that we got too far from the mansion, it seemed small from this spot. We sat on the grass and stared at the mansion, my hand was still entwined with hers and Halmeonie’s head resting on my shoulder.

                “Youngmin-ah?” Halmeonie called.

                “Hmm?”

                “Don’t make Jinah cry, stay on her side no matter what happens. I’m so happy that the two of you could be that sweet since you’re only sixteen. And please always hold her hand because that’s the only way you can make a girl happy and contented, letting her know that you wouldn’t leave her.”

Halmeonie’s words were so, what if she knew the truth about us? That we didn’t really like each other that we never talked neither in school nor in the mansion. I didn’t know what to do. I looked at Jinah who was listening to Halmeonie as well.

                “JInah?” Halmeonie called.

                “Deh?” she looked at me before to Halmeonie.

                “Can you promise me that you will be forever loving my son, you would never choose another man, you would never love another man more than you love my son and you would always be on his side?”

She was hesitating to answer, if I were on her position, I would say the truth, that all of those things we’d said were all lies. But to my surprise she didn’t.

                “Yes, I will.”

WHAT!! My mind shouted.

                “I will do everything for him.”

I felt my heart beat was a little faster than the normal.

What was she saying, was she out her mind to say that?

My mind was disturbed when a car stopped behind us. We all turned our heads and stood up.

                “I gotta go.” Halmeonie said.

                “But, it’s still early?” I tried to stop her.

                “It’s almost 3 in the afternoon and my friends are still waiting in the house, don’t worry I’ll visit again when she has a bulging tummy already.”

I looked at her and she blushed. That was cute.

                “Remember what I told you, the both of you promised or else.” She stopped.

                “Or else what?” I continued.

                “Nothing!”  She quickly got in the car and waved her hand as the car moved.

Getting farther and making it smaller.

Now we’re alone, just the two of us, our shadows on the ground and she was looking at it.

                “Can you remove you hand now?” she asked.

 I immediately released her hand and she turned without any words and started walking. I was walking behind her and it seemed that she wasn’t planning to speak.

Were both back in the mansion by past 5 in the afternoon and Mr Chan was already in the gate waiting for me.

                “Young Lady, what happened to you? You need to take a bath.” One of lady guards welcomed her. She continued walking not minding them until she entered the mansion.

                “Is there any problem, Young Master?” Mr Chan noticed me.

                “Nothing, I think I need to take a bath.”

After taking a bath, a maid knocked to my door and said that dinner’s ready. I set my book aside and got out of my room, but it was the same instant Jinah went out of her room as well, we were staring for a moment but she was the first one who looked away and so she was ahead of me, on our way to the dining area.

Umma and Appa were sitting next to each other and the plates for the two of us were across them so that meant I will be sitting next to her. She sat first, and her face looked better now.

                “How’s your day, Jinah?” Appa asked as he crossed her arms and leaned back on the chair.

                “It was fine, Halmeonie was here awhile ago.” She answered putting both of her hands in her lap.

                “We know it, she called when I and him were out in a business trip.” Umma spoke.

                “What about you Youngmin, did you meet with Halmeonie as well?” Appa turned to me.

                “Deh, I and JInah together with Halmeonie walked around the garden as Halmeonie requested.”

I answered looking at my Appa’s eyes.

                “Did she enjoy?”

                “Yes she did, it was my first time to see her really happy.”

                “Maybe because she knows that one of her grandson will soon be married.”

The chef came with our delicious dinner.

--

We walked back to our rooms; no one was still speaking until I heard her spoke.

I stopped and looked at her as she opened the door to her room.