ALMOST FORGOT HER

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

 

JO YOUNGMIN

                “What are you still doing here?” I asked her.

                “I have my own room in this house. Why?”

                “You have your own house, why don’t you go home?”

                “Why do you have so many questions?”

                “Youngmin-ah,” I heard Umma’s voice. “What’s the problem?” she went out of their room. And she was half asleep.

                “Umma, what is this girl doing here?”

                “Starting from today, she’ll be living with us. You better sleep now.”

                “What!”

                “Youngmin, stop acting so childish, go to your room now. Jin ah go to sleep, both you still have your class tomorrow.”

I stomped my feet going to my room.

                “Why does she have to stay here?”

I woke up early in the morning. I was already seated inside the car and should be heading to school now. But because of the sluggishness of this girl, I had to wait for her.

                “Hurry!” I shouted.

                “Deh, deh, coming.”

She was about to climb in the car when I suddenly closed the door. She knocked on the window.

                “Where will I ride?”

                “Behind this car.”

                “Ahhh..”

She went inside the other car and we headed to school. 

These girls were always waiting on the gate. The security guards opened the door of the car and screaming girl were scattered all over. She went out of the car and the other girls were staring at her.

I left her as if I didn’t see her. I entered the classroom and my friends were already inside.

                “How’s the first night with her?” Dong ho joked.

                “We’re not sleeping together.” I said.

                “But soon after the marriage.” Baro spoke.

                “You’ll feel suffocated when you started sleeping next to a girl on the bed.” Jinyoung said in a position of daydreaming.

                “Shut up!” I shivered just by the mere thought of it.

CANTEEN

Girls were as usual squirming themselves in the canteen but I forced myself to enter because of the stubbornness of my friends.

                “You already saw her.” I told them for so many times.

                “But I haven’t seen her.” Dong ho was acting like a nuisance again.

I caught sight of her and she was sitting with a nerd guy.

                “There she is!” Dong ho yelled. “I have to see her!”

Girls followed us.

                “Dong ho, you can meet her later.” I said.

                “I want now.”

We reached them and she looked at me surprised.

                “She’s Jin ah?” Dong ho asked.

I didn’t answer, I looked at the guy beside him.

                “You two looked good together.” I complimented them.

                “Kumawo for saying that.” She said.

                “But Youngmin and you looked better together.” Dong ho butted in.

I spanked his head. “Shut up.”

                “Well it’s true!” he broke into a run and he just left me standing in front of them. I looked stupid here.

                “What are you still doing here?” She asked.

                “Nothing.”

I walked out of the cafeteria by myself. I was too busy with so many things in my brain that when I entered our classroom and looked at my phone, I got multiple missed calls already. They all came from an unknown number again.

                “Who’s this person this time?”

DISMISSAL

My phone vibrated. Someone was calling and when I answered it, it was the sweetest voice I heard after two years.

                “Youngmin-ah?”

                “Suzy-ah”

                “I thought you already forgot me that’s why you weren’t answering my calls.”

                “No, mianhe, you got worried.”

                “When will you come back?”

                “I’m here in the nearest cafeteria of your school.” She said.

                “Really? Wait there.”

I ended the call and hurriedly went out of the school. I searched for the nearest cafeteria and I found it. I entered and saw her alone.

                “Long time no see Youngmin.”