SAVING THEM

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

 

JO YOUNGMIN

I was standing in the balcony of my room when I saw the girl earlier entered our house like she was living here. I went out of my room and walked downstairs. We met on the stairs as she was shouting.

                “What do you want?” I asked.

                “I need money now.” she said.

I was dumbfounded on my position when she said what she needed.

                “I don’t know who you are but how can you just say what you want as if we know who you are.” I said.

                “It doesn’t matter to me. Where’s your father, I need the money right now.”

                “I’m here.” Appa showed himself. “Mr. Kim, give him the money. Will this amount make you happy?”

The butler handed her a black case. She opened it and it was full of money.

                “Kumawo, the agreement, I already thought of it. And for the sake of my parents I’ll do it.”

She hurriedly went out after she spoke.

I ran downstairs and talked to Appa.

                “You don’t have a valid reason to complain, Youngmin.”

                “Appa, why don’t you just let Kwangmin do it?”

                “You’re older remember?”

                “But-

                “No matter what happens, you will marry her and she’ll be your wife. She’ll be part of our family and you have to learn to accept the truth.”

He walked back to the room and I stared at the open door.

                “Why do I have to marry someone whom I won’t ever like? If only Suzy accepted me then it won’t be too late for us.”

KIM JIN AH

I was back in the hospital. I met Sungyeol.

                “Do you know their number?” I asked him.

                “They gave this paper to me.”

 He opened it and it was their phone number written. I dialled the number. It was ringing and I was shaking.

                “Yeobeosseyo?”

                “Finally, the daughter called.” He mockingly said.

                “Where’s Umma and Appa!” I angrily asked.

                “Don’t worry they are still alive, they’re waiting here for you.”

                “I want to hear their voices.”

                “Sure, here,” he paused. “Jin ah! Jin ah!” they screamed.

                “Umma, Appa!”

                “Ohhhhh, want a sweet family. Don’t worry later you’ll be together again. So where’s the money?”

                “I have it now. Whatever amount it is, I know that this will be more than want you wanted.”

                “Really? Then I’m so excited to meet the money.”

                “You’re too talkative.” I said really mad.

                “Then meet me at the dark alley, behind the shoe factory. You know where it is?”

                “Deh”

                “Let’s meet there and be sure to bring no one or else you know what will happen to these creatures.”

The call ended.

                “What?” Sungyeol immediately asked me.

                “I have to go alone.”

                “It’s really dangerous for you.”

                “I have to do this for my parents.”

                “Promise me one thing.” He said holding both of my hands.

                “That you’ll come back for me.”

                “I will” I smiled and hugged him.

I arrived at the meeting place and the only source of light was the moon.

                “Where are my parents?” I shouted.

                “We’re here, Jin ah!” it was their voices.

                “Where’s the money?” he walked closer to me.

                “Here”

I opened the case and the money was seen.

                “Return my parents first.”

                “Sure, boys removed the rope on their hands.” He ordered.

Umma and Appa ran to me.

                “It’s your turn, the money?”

I slid the case on the ground until it reached him.

                “One thing before you go,” he said “If anything goes out wrong to us, we won’t hesitate to kill your parents. Arasseo”

They quickly drove off.

                “Jin ah” my parents hugged me.

                “Umma, Appa. I was so nervous.”

                “We’re really sorry. We don’t have any idea to save your future.” Umma said.

                “We’re really sorry, Jin ah.” Appa, who was hugging me so tight, said.

                “Don’t worry, I’ll do everything just for the two of you.”

We went back to the hospital. We entered Harabeojie’s room only to be welcomed by an empty bed.

                “Harabeojie?” I said, a nurse entered and said that he passed away earlier with no one on his side.

                “Appa!” Umma screamed and cried so hard. She knelt on the floor and I wasn’t able to control myself, I cried as well beside her.

The thought of a boring day vanished because things happened so sudden.

Umma regretted that she didn’t visit nor talk to Harabeojie. What now? We had to accept that life cannot be returned.