SCOLDED

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

KIM JIN AH

Umma and Appa arrived with so many foods in that huge plastic.

                “Where’s Young Master?” Appa asked.

                “He’s gone, I mean he went to the mansion first.” I answered helping them with those things they bought.

                “Why didn’t you stop him?” It was Umma’s turn to ask.

                “I don’t want, good thing he’s gone so there will be no nuisance in my life.”

                “Jin ah.” Appa scolded.

I just laughed. “We shouldn’t worry about him, let’s enjoy the remaining time.”

                “Wait” Umma held me by the wrist. “Shouldn’t you be back in the mansion as well?”

                “Deh, I will later, or tomorrow or never.”

I turned the speaker louder and played the latest songs in the country. While the three of us were doing kimchi in a bowl, counting it all we had at least five bowls. We were talking so loud like we couldn’t hear each other.

                “I missed that! I remember we used to watch that before I sleep!”

We laughed again and ate the kimchi. I missed this so much. I don’t want to leave them. I don’t want to go back to the mansion. I want to go back in my normal life. I want to sleep with my parents. I want to feel the love of my own parents every day.

But it all vanished when familiar faces entered the house without even knocking.

                “Young Lady” Jieun called with a stern voice.

                “What are you doing here? I’m not going back to the mansion yet.” I stared at them.

                “You need to go back”

                “What! No, I don’t want yet.”

I removed the gloves in my hands and held on my parents’ hands as they were standing behind me.

                “You need to, whether you liked it or not.”

                “Umma,Appa!”

Another bodyguards came, this time they were big guys and the got me by the arms.

                “I don’t want yet.” I was kicking them and was wiggling free but to no avail I only wasted my energy and tears came out from my eyes.

                “Don’t worry Jin ah, we’ll be fine!” Umma shouted.

Then nothing, I was pushed inside the car and watched Umma and Appa waving their hands.

**

Jieun led me by the hallway.

                “Where are we going?” I asked impatiently.

                “To the President’s room” she answered.

A big brown door was waiting to be opened. Then when I entered there I saw the president lying on the bed with Youngmin and Mrs Jo on his side.

                “Mrs Jo wants to talk to you.” Jieun said before closing the door behind.

I walked to them a little nervous then bowed.

                “Jin ah,” Mrs Jo began speaking. “Follow me”

I looked at Youngmin first who was just staring at his father. He didn’t even bother to speak. Forgetting about him, I followed Mrs Jo to another room and the door was closed.

                “Do you know what you just did?” she asked and she sounded like a terror teacher.

                “Mianhe, I don’t have any.”

                “You don’t know how much people could put interest on you?”

I shook my head.

“What if you got kidnapped? DO you know what might happen? You’ll soon be married to my son!” her voice rising.

Moments later she was standing right next to me already.

                “You’re not allowed to go anywhere without your lady guards and you’re grounded. After school you’ll be heading back here immediately. Arasseo?”

                “Deh”

I wasn’t able to control my tears. I just missed my parents, can’t they understand what I was feeling right now.

I went out of the room and Youngmin still wasn’t talking to me. I walked back to my room and saw JIeun, Zinger and Hyosung waiting for me.

                “Mianhe, Young Lady.” Jieun said opening the door for me.

                “Can I be alone just for tonight?” I requested wiping my tears.

It felt so lonely as I remembered my parents again. I wished I wasn’t Kim Jin ah, this senseless agreement that changed my LIFE. I shouldn’t be in this position but why was I chosen to be here?

I bawled under the pillow.

I wished nothing but to let others understand what I could feel.

And I thought he would protect me like how my soft pillow would do.