HUMILIATED

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

KIM JIN AH

I stared at her then back to Youngmin like I wanted to say, ‘WHY ON EARTH IS THIS GIRL INCLUDED?’ but he only looked away and welcomed Suzy.

They sat next to each other and it was somewhat irritating.

His other friends came making me angrier.

This day started ugly so why not end it as it was. I wasn’t speaking nor having an eye contact with him.  I only gazed outside. Then as soon as the airplane made its landing, I walked out immediately and an Ahjumma met us.

                “Annyeong, Welcome to Jeju Island!” She greeted and bowed.

Out came his friends and him then Suzy, they were really close to each other making me, UGH! I don’t know!

A car fetched us heading to a rest house. It was really awkward since they kept on talking about so many things and I didn’t have any idea of what it was.

                “JinAh,” one of his friends called. The one with a little chubby face, he looked like a squirrel actually. “How’s your life in the mansion?”

I was hesitating to answer but I forced myself to speak since all of them were looking at me.

                “It’s fine.”

                “Really?” the guy with the brown curly hair asked, he’s actually handsome. “Aren’t you getting lost with that mansion? Because it’s your first time to be in that place right? Like, only high class people can enter that place.” They all laughed and I felt so humiliated.

                “You’re totally right Jinyoung hyung, she came from a poor family and she’s not like us who have gone to so many countries and visited mansions which are as big as Youngmin’s.” Another guy added.

I felt that my tears were threatening to fall but I fought back. I swallowed hard just not to cry.

                “And didn’t you know that these two were about to marry each other? And Suzy noona is the type of girl, Youngmin would want to be with.”

                “And, and, and, how come you were chosen to be Youngmin’s future husbandif Suzy noona’s here. Not to say she’s more beautiful, smarter and more talented than you.” They boasted and I switched my gaze to Suzy who was grinning at me.

Please stop

                “Another one is that Youngmin’s mother prefers Suzy noona than you.”

I didn’t know what to say, I really need Sungyeol now. I needed him but I couldn’t have him.

Then I looked at Youngmin who wasn’t even reacting with what they were saying.

And what hurt me the most was that, she chose to sit beside her rather than with me.

 

They went on with their bragging as I was continuously trying to control my tears.

At last we reached the rest house.

After being suffocated and being dipped in total shame because of his friends, I was able to breathe. I grabbed my bag and walked ahead of them.

As soon as we entered the house, all of us stood in the lobby and an Ahjussi came.

                “Uncle!” Youngmin spoke and walked towards Ahjussi.

                “Long time no see, Youngmin you’ve grown up really fast.” Ahjussi looked at him in every angle possible. “You’re already taller than me.”

Both of them laughed.

                “So, where’s your fiancé?”

I looked down but I was surprised when he wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked at him and then showed a smiling face to Ahjussi.

                “She’s pretty, as what your Halmeonie had told me.”

Ahjussi took my hand, “Welcome to this place, feel at home since you’ll be part of our family.”

                “Kamsamnida” I bowed.

Then he turned to his other friends.

                “Jinyoung, Baro, DongHo and L joe, my four naughty sons!” he greeted them and they made a group hug.

                “Hyung, we missed you so much!”

When they finished talking, he then turned to Suzy.

                “And who’s this beautiful lady?”

The guy with a blonde hair walked to her side, I caught a glimpse of Youngmin’s eyes looking away and his arm starting to loose on my waist.

                “She’s one of Youngmin’s friends as well and she was invited.” The guy answered putting his arm over her shoulders.

Suzy smiled then bowed.

                “Arasseo, I think you have to go to your own rooms now.” Ahjussi stepped backward. “My four naughty boys will be together in one huge room, Suzy, please follow Ahjumma as she will tell you your room. And of course my son and his fiancé will be together in one room.”

                “Deh?” I reacted.

                “Is there any problem?”

                “Ani Uncle, we’re fine together.” Youngmin showed a sheepish smile on me. “Remember we already slept in one bed?”

I was about to speak again but he grabbed my wrist and we walked to our room.