MINIATURE BOY

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

 

JO YOUNGMIN

I was in my room doing some home works when JinAh came with a book in her hand.

                “What do you want?” I asked.

She leaned on my back to see what I was doing.

                “Yah! Get off me!”

                “Can I ask for a favour?” she sat beside me and put her book on my table, covering my works.

                “Ani, I’m busy.” I removed it.

But she was too stubborn as she returned it again.

                “Please, I know your good in this.” She pleaded as she clasped her hand together. “Please, pretty please...”

I sighed.

                “Arasseo.”

I opened the book and went to the page of her assignment.

                “Teach me here,” she pointed. “I can’t understand anything because I was too sleepy and I was too lazy to listen to the teacher. He he.”

                “It’s your fault.” I read the topic and said. “Anyways this is just a simple memorization of definitions.”

                “I know but when will you apply those, like my head was swirling already because I really don’t know how.”

                “I’ll explain each and then after, leave me alone.”

                “Deh” she made a salute and I started discussing the topic.

 

It was already midnight and we’re not yet done.

                “Yah!” I was about to hit her head. “Can’t you understand that this act would be responsible for Consumer’s protection?” I already lost my patience because I taught it for several times.

                “I know, I’m trying to memorize all of it. It’s really hard you know.” She stared at the ceiling and repeated all the laws.

                “How will you pass your test tomorrow if you’re like that?”

I folded my arms and leaned on the table then my eyelids were too heavy that I began to sleep.

This was the first time I got tired because of teaching a stupid girl like her.

 

KIM JINAH

                “…..Act no. 12, Act no. 45, and Act no. 56. I think that’s enough, Youngmin-ah” I called him but he wasn’t moving from his position. “Yah” I tried to shake him but nothing happened.

I just stood up and moved to the other side and saw that he was already sleeping.

He looked handsome when he’s asleep. Yah! What was I thinking?

I set his other books aside and got a blanket in his cabinet then used it to cover his body. After that I grabbed my book.

                “Kumawo.” I leaned and was about to kiss him on the forehead when I was stopped. “Yah, what are you doing JinAh?” I felt myself blushing and didn’t continue with what I was about to do.  I hurriedly turned the lights off and went out of his room.

 

JO YOUNGMIN

When I woke up the next day, I felt a back ache.

                “Ouch” I slowly stood up and tried to massage my back.

I got confused when a blanket fell on the floor then remembered that JinAh was here last night. I thought of asking what happened but she wasn’t in her room and Jieun said she already left for school.

I walked back to my study table and found a box covered with coloured gold wrapper. A letter was placed beside it so I opened and read it.

                Youngmin take this, as a thanksgiving gift for teaching me last night. I assure you that I will pass the test!

Kamsamnida!

JinAh =)

I put the letter down and took the box. When I opened it I found a miniature boy who was kicking a soccer ball on his left foot and holding a basketball on his right hand.

I smiled and felt fluttered with her tiny but beautiful gift.

……..

Mr Cha arrived at noon time and told me that I was scheduled to meet my father.

Appa brought me with him and we went to the other sub-branches of the company. He informed me about some important details to remember since I would soon be starting to manage them.

Then when we arrived in the mansion, I felt really exhausted so I thought of arranging a horseback riding with my friends this week so that I could relax.

I was called by Mr Cha again. I went to a room where Umma was waiting.

                “Cancel all your plans for this week, you’ll be going to your uncle’s house.”

                “Wae?”

                “For his birthday, I and your father won’t be able to come since we’re really busy. Bring JinAh with you and if you want you can bring your friends.”

I got no choice so I just slouched as I walked back to my room.

                “I hope this would be fun.”