REMINISCING

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

 

JO YOUNGMIN

She was already in the waiting shed. I hurriedly walked and was panting when I reached her.

                “Suzy-ah, why didn’t you come to my wedding?”

I was too excited seeing her that I automatically pulled and hugged her.

                “Youngmin-ah, did you miss me that much?”

                “Deh” I answered with all eagerness in my voice.

She slightly pushed me and we sat on the bench.

                “I wasn’t able to go since I got a lot of things to do.” She turned serious and touched my face. “Do you still love me?”

I was shocked with her question and I didn’t know what to answer.

                “Do you still remember the time we first met?” she asked again resting her head on my shoulder.

                “It was during middle school?” I answered not too sure if I remembered it right.

                “Ne and you were too serious that time. You kept on playing basketball and it always made my heart skipped a beat every time you’ll toss the ball in the ring.”

                “You were always watching and that’s the reason why I saw you and eventually ended with you.”

She chuckled.

                “I think not yet ended with me. How about those dwarf trees?”

                “Both of us were climbing the tree and tried to stay there for the whole afternoon.”

                “But we’re always caught by those bodyguards.”

We both laughed just by reminiscing those moments. Then I felt her hand entwined with mine.

I looked at our hands and then to her, she was still the same, the beautiful and smart lady I fell in love with. I touched her face and she closed her eyes.

                “Please Youngmin, choose me and not her.” she pleaded.

 

JinAh………

 

                “I don’t know Suzy, I tried before if only-

                “If only I choose you over my abilities then we should’ve been married this time.”

                “But I didn’t want any of it. I wanted to be with you and-

                “Why didn’t you wait for me?” She opened her eyes and tears flowed out from it. “We made a promise right? Us together when I came back?”

I sighed.

                “I tried to stop my parents but they weren’t listening to me. I even told them that I planned to be married with you, you know that Umma wanted you right?”

                “Not anymore because she thought I left and won’t ever come back, because she thought that I left you, hurt you for the exchange of education abroad.”

She cried more which made me turn to embrace her.

                “Divorce her!” she exclaimed.

Divorce her?

                “That’s not as easy as you thought.”

                “Then it’s my time to wait, I’m willing to wait for you.” She looked through my eyes.

                “I don’t know Suzy”

 

KIM JINAH

                “Where’s Youngmin?” I asked upon entering his room.

I shrugged the thought and went out to meet and to talk with Sungyeol. Good thing Jieun allowed me to go on my own since it wasn’t that far.

Sungyeol was sitting on the swing and he looked like a child staring at the ground.

A planned entered my mind so I came out from behind and covered his eyes.

                “JinAh” she lazily spoke.

                “What’s the matter?”

I revealed myself and sat on the other swing.

                “Nothing”

                “Yah, why didn’t you come to the wedding?”

                “I wasn’t invited.”

                “Really?” my forehead wrinkled.

I decided to stand and pulled him out of the swing.

                “Arasseo, don’t be too lazy, let’s hang-out because I don’t have anyone with me right now. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee?”

Finally he stood up but to my amazement, he hugged me.

                “Sungyeol-ah, what are you doing?” I was trying to push him but nothing happened.

                “Just allow me to do this.”

I stopped from moving and the wind blew softly.

After a time of silence, he spoke.

                “JinAh, don’t forget that I’m always behind you. If that man tries to hurt you, don’t bother to call me and I’ll immediately come.”

A smile formed on my lips. I reached for his back and rested my head on his shoulder.

                “Kumawo, Sungyeol”