My Angel Yul

My Angel Yul

Chapter 36

 

When night fell, Yuri walked out from the bedroom after making sure that Yunnie was comfortable in bed. She knows that he must be very tired from all the shopping that day and it was the first time for him to actually feel a complete family. Sighing, she decided to walked towards the balcony to get some fresh air so she can think better. Sitting down on the cold marble bench out in the baloncy, she sighed again. It has been years and even until now, her heart was still in pain. The pain in her heart felt like an invincible knife still ing into her each time she sees Yunho or Mrs. Jung.

 

"Can we have a little chat, dear?”

 

Yuri closed her eyes when hearing the older man's voice. Among all the Jung's, she still has a bit of respect for him and maybe it was because he was the only person who can see the pain through her eyes and heart.

 

"Tonight the sky is so clear." Mr. Jung started, looking up at the night sky while sitting down beside Yuri.

 

"Mr. Jung, please don’t beat around the bushes. I know you want to talk about other things than the sky." Yuri said, still keeping her gaze locked up at the night sky.

 

Hearing what Yuri said, he chuckled. No matter how hard she try to hide her true self so she wouldn't get hurt again, she's still the same woman he knew three years ago. The same woman Yunho introduced to him as his girlfriend when they first met.

 

"I never thought that you came into Yunho's life to protect him." Mr. Jung chuckled, shaking his head a bit.

 

"That’s my responsibility, Mr. Jung." Yuri said.

 

"Call me dad, dear. It feels so weird having you called me so formal now." Mr. Jung sighed sadly, looking down at his hands which he had folded in his lap.

 

"I'm sorry but I'm no longer a part of this family." Yuri replied, as she finally turned sideways to looked at him, "But...”

 

"If you remember, me and Yunho are already divorced three years ago. Now, I'm just an agent to protect his safety. As well as yours, too." She added, trying to cover her emotion up but it was too hard.

 

Reaching his old, wrinkling hands out, he wipe the stubborn tear that fell down her cheeks away before sighing heavily.

 

"You still have feelings for him, don't you? You do know that you can’t hide anything from me. During all those years we have lived together, I have always treated you like my own daughter, Yuri, the only daughter I can and will have." Mr. Jung said sadly, "What about her? What about Sunny? Isn’t she going to be your daughter-in-law soon? She can be your daughter." Yuri said bitterly, when mentioning Sunny's name.

 

Mr. Jung sighed heavily. He can still feel the pain in his ex-daughter-in-law’s voice and it was hurting him, too.

 

"Your the only daughter-in-law I want, dear. I have never agreed to the engagement. You know that, right?” He said, turning to face Yuri.

 

"But did you try to stop them?” Yuri asked, before standing back up.

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Jung, but I'm tired. If you will excuses me, I will be going back to my room to have my rest. Good night." She added, before walking back inside.

 

"I'm so sorry for what my family had done to you all those years ago, Yuri. If there's anything I can do to receive your forgiveness, I will do it. Even if I have to spend my whole wealth trying." Mr. Jung said quietly, looking up at the blank dark sky which had no stars twinkling that night.

 

What Mr. Jung didn't know was that, Yuri heard him before walking into the darkness of the house.

 

"What are you doing out here?”

 

Turning around, Mr. Jung came face to face with Mrs. Jung who was standing by the baloncy door. Turning to looked at the clock on the wall, he sighed heavily. It had almost been half an hour since he had sat there on the balcony, thinking about Yuri.

 

"Nothing." Mr. Jung said, standing back up before walking inside.

 

"Are you okay?” Mrs. Jung asked, once Mr. Jung walked passed her.

 

Without replying to his wife's question, he just sighed. If it wasn't for his wife’s brilliant idea, their angel Yul would still be with their family, along with their grandson now.

 

A/N: i'm sorry but i'm only able to update one chapter for today since i have some errands to run but i will update three chaps. tomorrow