My Angel Yul

My Angel Yul

Chapter 1

 

Yuri's friend gave her a look but she kept on her cheerful smile.

 

"Are you sure you want to quit?" One of them asked.

 

Yuri was playing with her cup of tea before looking up at them.

 

"Yes."

 

They sigh heavily. They can't believe that Yuri would actually quit just because of a man.

 

"Are you sure you will be happy with him?"

 

Yuri looked down at the 1/2 ct. t.w. diamond square cluster engagement ring in 14k white gold on her long finger, the gift Yunho gave to her three days ago and smiled dreamily.

 

"He loves me. He said he will take care of me for the rest of my life." Yuri said confidently.

 

"Is there nothing we say that can change your mind?"

 

Yuri looked up at them and giggled a bit.

 

"You guys, please. Don’t you want me to be happy? With him, my life is complete." Yuri said, with her hands reaching out for them from across the table.

 

"Please, give us your blessing? Wish for our happiness." Yuri added.

 

They look at each other and sigh heavily.

 

"You do know that we can’t attend your wedding." One of them said slowly, and Yuri's oval-shaped face turned gloom a bit.

 

"I know." Yuri said slowly.

 

"Good luck though." Another said, as they hug Yuri tightly.

 

"Thank you." Yuri whispered slowly, happy that her friends understand her feelings.

 

Yuri walked towards the bench and sat down. Her dark brown, almond-shaped eyes were on one of the soccer players while her pale pink plump lips spread into a big smile. She waved a bit at Yunho when he noticed her.

 

Yuri sighed a bit. Deep inside, she is worried. Will he do what he promised her? Will he love her and still love her for the rest of her life? She sighed again.

 

If there is one thing that she wants to tell him, it is her secret. Her big secret that she kept deep inside her heart, locking it away in a small box and vowed to herself that she will never ever tell this to him. She never thought that she will actually fall in love with him.

 

Her arrival to his high school was because of her job. She was assigned to protect him from any harm. Her boss told her that someone sent a warning that his life is in danger. Being a good agent, she just obeyed them and didn't ask anymore information. She was told to keep her identity from him so she told him that she followed her family who moved there from another country.

 

Day by day, she spent her time with him, watching all his moves with or without his knowledge. Until after a few weeks, she already understood his behaviour, what he does every single day, who he talks with, where he goes every single time and yet, he doesn’t even know it.

 

"A penny for one of your thoughts?"

 

Yunho's voice snapped her back to reality. Giving a sheepish smile, Yuri took the small green towel from his hand and helped him wipe the sweat on his small, oval-shaped face. He took a seat next to her, smiling all the time but his smile grew even wider when he saw the ring on her finger.

 

"You agree?" Yunho asked impatiently, as he took Yuri's hand in his.

 

Yuri blushed and nodded shyly. Without wasting anytime, Yunho pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

 

"I promise you I will never take you for granted." Yunho whispered into her ear, and she smiled happily.