Epilogue

You Who Came From The Stars

Evil closed his eyes, the spheres that let him spy on them going dark. A smirk stretched his hideously disfigured face into a more nightmarish semblance.

His plan was working perfectly.

It was satisfactory to see those arrogant bastards scramble around cluelessly and even more satisfactory to see them play right into his hands.

Yes, my enemies, I'll make you walk to your own deaths…

The last attack in Cabalix had been nothing but another ploy to divide them and it had worked just like he knew it would. They were so easy to predict, so easy to lure, their arrogant belief that they could actually protect everyone nothing but another way to exploit them.

He had spent the past six years doing nothing but regaining all the strength he'd lost, that they had taken from him and then some. Now, he was stronger than he'd been before and he would show them the real Abyss.

Not that he would face them one on one – no, he'd learned his lesson the last time, he was no match for any one of them unless he tricked them. They simply had eleven times the power, something he'd disregarded that last time.

Even though he'd chosen who he'd perceived to be the weakest among them – the one with literally no offensive powers – he'd ended up with a part of his core lost forever. It was hole he could never fill up, touched by the healing power as it was.

The only good thing that had come out of it that the Legend had given him a tiny part of his own power – unintentionally, of course – that had, eventually, made it possible for him to put his present plan in action.

Guess he got the last laugh after all.

Not that it would save the Legend – he had a special treat for him, a nice cozy stay in the pits of the Abyss and Evil would watch as the darkness tore him apart. To the creatures of the Abyss, his power would be like a very rare and much craved treat and they would devour him. Given the huge reserve he had, it would be a long time – centuries – before it was completely consumed…

He let out a delighted laugh that made the walls around him tremble with force.

But he shouldn't be getting too ahead of himself – there was still plenty of things he needed to do before he could relish his revenge.

Like capturing one of the Legends – anyone would do – and finding out exactly where the Tree of Life was. Because even though he'd been keeping an eye on the Legends since he'd regained his strength, he hadn't been able to locate it on his own.

So, he'd started those attention seeking tactics… personally, he thought introducing Killer to the world had been a of genius.

Although, Killer was beginning to act more and more of his own free will, which meant that his hold on Killer's half-eaten soul was loosening. Not surprising because the parts of him, clones in a sense, had lesser power and durability than his true form. Better than nothing and it gave him the security of staying exactly where he was while doing his dirty work and wreaking havoc on the world.

Attacking multiple places simultaneously had been another genius move – and he'd deliberately gone near their territory, knowing how crazed they would become over that, clambering around to protect it.

He opened his eyes again, dull red, dead orbs with pupils darker than the Abyss itself and peeked into the spheres again. He looked around for the one he could target most easily – one who'd already suffered at his hands, although he had no idea.

The Legend was easy to recognize, his giant frame and black hair standing a head taller than everyone around him. Evil smiled evilly…

There!

Behind that tall guy was the one whom Evil truly begrudged, the Healer – he would get no clemency.

All the pieces were in place and all he had to do was sit back and wait for them to come to him.

I'll be waiting.

……………………

A/N

Aaaand, THE END :) YAAAY!!!! *imaginary confetti and applause* Thank you, thank you!!!

Welp, we're done here and I hope this ending gives this unnecessarily dramatic story an unnecessarily dramatic feel. Plus I hope you look forward to what happens next because... I think I gave the reasons last time. I laid the basis for a lot of things here and I deal with them in the sequel, so do look forward to it. Before I put up the sequel though, I'll write a few bonus scenes - things I want to write but which have no room in the main story, so I hope you'll read those as well :) 

Thank you to all of those who subscribed and upvoted this story and thank you as well to those who did not - if you read the story, then I'm grateful to you and I hope that you'll read other things I write as well. I'm sincerely thankful to all of you, those who comment and those who read silently. 

Well, I'm out of words so I'll say goodbye here and I hope to see you guys soon :) With the sequel, called MY LOVE FROM ANOTHER PLANET (hehe) and in the bonus scenes from EXO Journal: A Voyage Through the Galaxy :D

Thanks once again. 

Bye \(^^