Chapter 86

You Who Came From The Stars

Dammit Suho!

Kai cursed their leader who just couldn't get a control over his powers and had to make it pour every time he was with Angel. Which meant that he was stuck here with Tiffany until it stopped raining, unable to use his powers because it would be too suspicious.

Normally, he wouldn't mind it too much, her being nice and all but…

Dammit Luhan!

Kai mentally cursed his Shadow as he felt another bolt of unadulterated desire rush through him. He shook his head, trying to clear it before he did something extremely stupid.

Like jump poor Tiffany who was huddling close, innocently unaware of the internal struggle he was going through.

Stupid jerk! He thought again, can't even keep his thoughts to himself.

No, Luhan definitely couldn't keep his thoughts to himself. Being the gregarious creature he was, he had little to no control over his Shadow link which meant that Kai had an unwilling insider's view to the workings of Luhan's mind.

Which was currently engaged in intimate activities with his mate and his joy – and other, less innocent feelings were leaking… no, barging into Kai and making him unnecessarily hot and bothered.

It should have bothered him that Luhan was with Mei right now, doing such stuff but he was too busy struggling with the urge to do some stuff of his own with the nearest person.

When he'd decided to help Luhan get together with her, this particular dilemma hadn't crossed his mind. He had tried closing their link but Luhan was stronger now, thanks to the claiming and he was, consciously or unconsciously, keeping it open.

Kai bit the inside of his cheek, hoping the pain would distract him from the way Tiffany's arm brushed against his too sensitized skin and ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Of all the times for Suho to shut his phone down. Now he couldn't even call and interrupt the guy so that he could make an escape.

Please… he closed his eyes as another bolt shot through him, have a little mercy on your Shadow you , I don’t have a freaking mate!!!

If it was this bad right now, he didn't even want to think what would happen when they got closer.

………………………

Sehun looked around, wondering if he was at the right place.

Even though Kai had told him there was no need to show up, Sehun had decided to anyway. Because a) he was concerned about Kai and wanted to be sure he really was okay and b) he was bored since the other Legends had gone back to the funfair that would end soon.

There was also the thought that Tiffany couldn't walk properly so she might need help – see? He was too nice a person – and he could hit two birds with the same stone that is teasing her while he took her back.

He ignored the rain, creating an air barrier that let all the water fall to the sides and he went about his search. Found Luhan and Mei in the greenhouse – he didn't need to peek inside because all the gravel and rocks were floating in the air, being pushed and pulled as if by invisible strings and he glanced around to make sure no one was watching, then started moving along.

There.

Some distance from the greenhouse, a couple of blocks away from the girls hostel, huddling under an abandoned guarding post that marked some old, long gone abode. Kai and Tiffany.

He hurried towards them, lifting his hand to let out an almighty hail and announce his awesome presence.

Only, his arm fell back down as he stared in shock and some other, less recognizable emotion at the scene before his eyes.

Tiffany was staring up at Kai as he leaned down to…

No!

He didn't know how but suddenly, he was between them, pushing Tiffany away with one hand and turning towards Kai to tell him to cut it out. Only…

'Wha…?'

He stared at Kai in shock, face red, his lips still tingling from the force of his passionate kiss as Kai's heavy lidded eyes cracked open, glowing red. He growled low and then dived in for another kiss. Sehun yelped, ducking low to avoid his mouth, then tackled him to the ground, straddling him to keep him still.

'Aw, hell no!' he groaned as Kai bucked underneath him, poking him with something he really didn’t want to think about.

'Geez, snap the out of it!' He slapped Kai's face. Hard.

Kai's head banged against the wall and maybe it was the shock but when he blinked again, his eyes were normal. 'Sehun?' He sounded dazed. Then shock and mortification clouded his face. 'Did I…?'

'We can talk about that later.' Sehun snapped, getting off him in a hurry and pulling him up forcefully. 'Right now, you need to leave.'

Kai obviously needed no persuasion; without another glance back, he dashed out into the rain. The rain masked the zipping sound as Kai disappeared.

That was so… he shuddered. Weird. It was weird, too weird for words.

'Ow…' the soft groan reminded him that he'd pushed Tiffany away rather unceremoniously. He turned around and found her holding her foot. She'd landed on it when he'd pushed her and it was obviously hurting her again.

'Tch.' He tutted, kneeling beside her. 'Here, let me…'

'It's oka…ow!'

'It's obviously not.'

It was beginning to swell again. He tried to recall what Suho had said about her injury. Rest – well, she was not running anywhere soon, given the rain. Ice pack – he didn't have one on him right now, but maybe the cool rain water would help. Elevate – this he could do.

'What are you doing?' She asked in surprise as he lifted her foot in his lap, putting his bag underneath it so that it would be elevated. He pushed her shoulder back. 'Lie down.'

'Why?' she put her arms over her skirt as if afraid he'd take a look. As if.

'You want an orange for a foot?' he snapped, leaning forward and cupping his hands to capture the water that was dropping from the ledge. It was reasonably cold.

'You don't have to…' she began as he started pouring water over her foot. Then gestured so that a steady wind wafted around her foot, keeping it cold.

'Shut up.' he told her. 'And lie down.'

She glared at him, obviously trying to think of some snappy retort, then huffed and leaned back on her elbows. He didn't say anything, just focused on gathering and pouring cold water on her foot. She got tired after some time and put her head down as well.

He bit his lip, trying to keep his curiosity in check. Whatever Kai did with her, it was their business. It wasn't like he had any interest in Tiffany – he just liked annoying her and that was it.

Of course, that didn't explain the feeling in his chest that made him want to bare his teeth and snarl at Kai. Or why he'd rushed to come in between them, using his powers to propel him lightening quick through the distance.

Of course, it's because Kai would've regretted it – he obviously wasn't in his senses. Look at how embarrassed he was when he came to – he never would've forgiven himself if he'd taken advantage of a girl.

Yeah, so being the nice person he was, Sehun had offered a helping hand. Or lips, if you got right down to it. Shuddering again – because man, that was weird – he spoke without thinking.

'I really can't leave you with my family, can I?' That wasn't he'd meant to say at all. Oh well…

'What?' She sat up on her elbows again. 'Now Kai's your family???'

'Pfft, he's always been my family. You just got to know it right now.'

'I don't believe it!' she exclaimed, looking at him critically. 'You look nothing alike!'

'I know.' He smirked. 'I'm better looking.'

She snorted disbelievingly, making him scowl. 'What? You doubt that?'

'You can delude yourself all you want.' She shrugged, leaning back again. 'Who am I to disrupt your fantasies?'

Annoyed by her face, he poured the water down her leg.

'What the hell?' she snapped, jumping to a sitting position.

'You stay away from him, alright?' he warned her, squeezing her leg so she couldn't shift. 'He's been through enough.'

'I didn't do anything!' she yelled, throwing a twig, the only thing she could find lying about, at him. It fluttered back and stuck in her hair instead. 'He was the one trying to…'

'Whatever.' He shrugged, feeling that strange feeling in his chest ease up. So, it was Kai who'd tried to kiss her eh? And not consciously, from the looks of it. Good, that was good. 'Like I care.'

………………………

'Argh!' Tiffany let out a frustrated scream, wanting to pull the hair out of her head.

Or better yet, his head.

Yes, that sounded like a very good idea. She would pick out every single one them, tearing them out until he screamed with pain and was rendered bald. Yes…

Shuddering with the sheer pleasure that thought brought, she eyed his rather luxurious tresses thoughtfully. She could start from one side and move to the other. Or she could start picking from the middle…

'Ya, stop glaring at me!' he snapped at her. 'You look ugly.'

'I still look better than you!' she retorted. Yes, she would start from the middle and give him an old man's bald spot.

'I can feel the evil in you.' He mock shuddered, 'though you don't need to make that face. You're a hag even without it!'

She'd had enough. She kicked her free foot, connecting with his fingers.

'What the hell is wrong with you?' He snapped at her, grabbing her foot and brusquely swinging it away. 'You want to walk on crutches for the rest of your life?'

She gritted her teeth, annoyed beyond reason and not sure how she should react to that uncharacteristically concerned statement. He was taking care of her foot – being nice in a sense – and yet, being so rude. Gah, he was driving her crazy.

'I didn't ask you to…' She tried to pull her foot back. She'd rather go home and take care of it on her own than to ever owe anything to this jerk.

'Shut up.' He didn't let go at all, pulling her so that she slipped and banged her head on the floor.

'Sorry.' He told her, not sounding sorry at all.

'Jerk.'

'Jerk yourself.'

'Go away!'

He snorted, then shifted the bag underneath her foot so that it was elevated even more and poured more cool water on it. It was extremely soothing.

She bit her lip, staring intensely at the ceiling and trying not to let his niceness get to her. He had to be the most frustrating mixture of jerk and nice and every time she tried to write him off as a complete jerk, he'd do something that'd make her reevaluate her opinion.

Like getting her crutch when it fell down instead of going after those guys who'd bumped into him. And helping her get Mei and Luhan together.

And saving her from Kai. Truth be told, she was glad he'd shown up when he had or she totally would've succumbed to Kai, even knowing that any feelings he had for her at this point – or any point in the near future – would be nothing more than rebound affection. She and Mei had a lot in common and she'd just helped him, so it could be expected.

She never learned, did she? She would've let Kai kiss her and knowing herself, would've developed feelings for him – hell, she had a crush on him now, didn't she? And he definitely came under the nice guy category. Kissing him would've only made matters worse.

So in a way, she supposed, she owed him for saving her from potential heartbreak in addition to all the care he was providing to her disabled foot.

Why couldn't he be nice like the rest of his family? Like Suho and Kai?  

She glanced at him, leaning over her leg in an uncomfortable position to gather the water in his cupped hands – he'd been doing that for how long now? Ten, fifteen minutes? With his mouth shut and focusing on the water like that, he looked like the most innocent boy in the world, all fresh face and pink lips, the picture of virtue.

But of course, he had to ruin it.

'I know I'm pretty but it's rude to stare.' He smirked at her, making her blush as she realized she was ogling. Great, now his already big head would get even bigger. 'Learn some manners.'

'Learn them yourself.' She told him, then closed her eyes tightly so she wouldn't stare at his too-nice-for-a-stupid-jerk profile again.

………………………