Chapter 76

You Who Came From The Stars

Tiffany was regretting telling Kai she was fine when he'd met her. She should've told him her ankle was killing her and that she was completely unable to move from the bench she'd been sitting on for the past hour now.

Stupid! She reprimanded herself. Idiot.

Kai had shown up at the park, like her, looking for Mei. And had found her, massaging her foot through her boot. Asked her if she was alright, obviously not believing her when she'd said yes, she was perfectly fine. But he'd looked so torn – he obviously wanted to go and look for Mei but he, also obviously, didn't want to leave her like this.

So she'd pushed him to go away.

'I'll send someone over.' He'd told her.

And that had been around fifteen, maybe twenty minutes ago. Either he'd found Mei or completely forgotten that he'd promised…

Just then, her cellphone rang. She answered, sure it was Kai.

It wasn't.

'Kai says he's found Mei and she's fine.' Sehun, rude as ever. Curt and brusque, not even a greeting. 

'Oh… okay. Thanks.' At least, she had manners.  

He hung up. She stared at the phone for a second or two. Then shook her head. It wasn't like she expected anything better from him. The phone rang again. 'And you should go to a hospital… what?'

He was obviously reading the text Kai had sent him. 'What's wrong with you?' He quizzed.

'Nothing you should worry about.' She told him primly. Sure, she needed to get checked but she wasn't asking him to help her.

'Who's worrying?' He snorted.

'Obviously not you.' She muttered, then tried to stand up. Surely she could make her way to the exit and catch a cab from there – there was always one coming or going. It wasn't like the exit was too far, just a couple of yards.

Her foot landed on the ground and pain flashed through her, so intense it made her head go dizzy.

'Ya!' His annoyed voice seemed to come from underwater. 'What's wrong?'

She tried to form a snappy retort but gave it up as futile. Her foot felt like it was on fire and she couldn't let out anything other than a pained moan.

'Geez! Where the hell are you?'

'--- Park…' she gasped out, managing to collapse back into the bench instead of falling on the ground.

'Tch.' Sounding even more annoyed. 'Stay where you are, I'll come get you.'

'Does it sound like I can go anywhere?' She groaned, irritated by his stupid instruction. 'Sheesh!'

'Shut up.' He snapped back and hung up. She leaned her head back against the bench and waited.

………………………  

'Aarrghh!!!'

Suho smacked the wall in frustration, leaning his head against Angel's shoulder and trying to catch his breath. Angel let out a breathless laugh.  

'It's not funny!'

Angel giggled again, then yelped as he pulled her against him roughly.

'It's not!' He whispered threateningly.

She nodded, then muffled another giggle as his phone rang again. He closed his eyes in frustration; Angel wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head against his chest.

'Answer it.' She told him.

'Geez…' he muttered, taking the cellphone out of his pocket.

Why hadn't he turned the damned thing off? Why couldn't his brothers handle something by themselves? His time with Angel had been interrupted so many times that soon as he neared her, he started thinking his phone would ring. That was not funny.

No matter how much Angel seemed to enjoy it.

'What?' He didn't bother looking at the caller id, just answered aggaravatedly.

'Where are you?' Sehun asked.

'Why?' No way was he telling anyone about his secret and highly convenient hideout.

'I need you to drive me to --- Park.'

'Ask Kris.' He went to hang up but Sehun stalled him. 'We might need a medic.'

'Who is it?' Suho asked. He'd given first aid, along with Lay, to everyone who'd gotten bruised in their tussle with Luhan. So, it wasn't one of the Legends… he hoped so, anyway.

'A person.' To the point and very informative. Not.

Suho considered refusing but couldn't really bring himself to do it. 'Fine.' He ground out. 'Meet me outside in five minutes.'

'Okay.' Sehun hung up.

Suho stared at the phone in anger – not even a word of thanks, nor an apology for disturbing him – again – just when things were getting good. He really wanted to hit something again. Maybe smack his head in the wall this time.

She tightened her arms around him and rose on tiptoes to place a soft kiss on his cheek. He leaned his head down to give her better access, then turned his face she'd kiss his lips as well. She blushed and went to back off but wrapped his own arms around her, not letting her move, silently demanding.

She placed a chaste kiss on his lips. He closed his eyes, relishing it and then reluctantly loosened his hold. 'Come on, then.' He grabbed her hand; it was getting late and he knew – just knew – that something else would turn up the moment he got cozy with Angel. Instead of putting himself through this kind of hellish discomfort again – she was his mate, she turned him on and cold showers could only help him so much – it was better to just drop her back home.

 They walked out, ducking under the numerous vines that covered the entire side of the building, providing an adequately isolated spot not too far away from the HQs and had just seated themselves in the car when Sehun came dashing out.

'Let's go.' He ordered, slamming the door shut behind him. Pursing his lips, Suho started the car. It wouldn't do to take out his frustration on the cub.

Sehun leaned forward, ing his face over the passenger seat into Angel's periphery and smiled apologetically. 'Sorry but it's an emergency. Thanks for coming.'

Suho's jaw dropped – instead of thanking him, he was going and… oh, this was too much! He turned with every intention of smacking his stupid head but Angel's hand on his stopped him. Sighing at his thankless, inconsiderate brothers, Suho straightened and stepped on the accelerator.

The car shot out of the driveway like a bullet and Suho took immense satisfaction in seeing Sehun roll around in the backseat because he'd been unable to put on his seatbelt.

Suho sped up even more.

……………………..

Sehun got out of the car and stood on the stable ground, thanking the chocolate gods for letting him live through that hellish ride. Not that he usually minded fast driving or anything but Suho had been taking turns deliberately rashly so that he, Sehun, would bounce around. He knew that because Suho had been smirking the whole time and was even now looking too happy as he apologized to Angel for the rough ride.

Angel didn't look like she minded the ride all that much – it wasn't that rash, after all – not as bad or dangerous as Baekhyun's, whose terrible driving had led to the pack's unanimous decision to never let him sit behind the wheel.

Jerking his head so his brain would stop wobbling inside, he walked towards the entrance.

Stupid Tiffany, creating problems for him like this. Idiot, who'd asked her to go and get sick or injured or whatever that she was? Look at what he had to go through for her.

And she wasn't even a friend. Like seriously. He was too nice a person – if he wasn't careful, people would start taking advantage of him.

He glanced around and his gaze landed on Tiffany who was slumped on the bench, her legs stretched out. He closed the distance, not liking how pale she looked or the sweat that dotted her face. Her jaw was clenched and she occasionally bit her lip, obviously in pain.

Her eyes flashed open as his shadow landed on her and she immediately tried to get into a more dignified position. Then groaned and slumped right back. 'What took you so long?' she croaked, giving him an evil look.

'Just thank your lucky stars I'm a nice person.' He snapped back, then crouched in front of her, poking her leg. 'What the hell?'

'Ouch, stop doing that!' She tried to smack his hand away.

'Tch.' He tutted, then glanced over his shoulder. 'Hurry up!'

'This rude cub…' Suho growled but Sehun ignored him, looking up at Tiffany instead. 'You really should thank your lucky stars, your crush is here.' He mocked.

Her face flamed up when her eyes landed on Suho and her hand immediately went to her hair. Sehun stared at her antics, completely grossed out, then poked her leg again so she would stop being so horribly cheesy.

'YA!' she let out a pained yell. 'Quit doing that or I'll hit your face.'

'Whatever.' Sehun rolled his eyes, getting up and away to make room for Suho, who was being the epitome sympathy and impeccable bedside manner. He smiled at her charmingly. 'Hello.'

Tiffany nodded, tried to smile but let it go, biting her lip as pain flashed through her again.

'What happened?' Suho asked, examining her boots with curiosity, then smiled at her. 'I'm sorry, didn't catch that.'

Tiffany cleared . 'I think I twisted my ankle.'

'Oh…' Suho looked at her booted feet again. 'I see.'

Then dropped to his knees, grabbed her boot and tried to get it off, tugging and yanking. She screamed, tears running down her cheeks. 'I'm sorry.' Suho set her foot down gently, patting her knees. She sniffed, wiping her eyes. Suho glanced up at Sehun. 'Help her to the car.'

'What? Why??' Sehun whined.

'She can't walk alone, that's why. Stop whining and help her up.'

'I think I can manage…' Tiffany muttered, trying to stand up, then groaned as her foot touched the ground.

'What are you, an idiot?' Sehun snapped at her, grabbing her before she fell down. Suho ran back to the car. 'Hurry up!'

Sehun tried to help her hop, with his arm around her waist and hers over his shoulders but the lightest movement made her go even paler. Then, on the third or fourth hop, she nearly passed out.

'Ugh!' Annoyed by the slow progress and her obvious inability to move, he bent and lifted her up, carrying her.

'Wha…?' She mumbled, dazed and tried to sit up. He tightened his hold as she struggled to be put down. 'Control your hair!' He snapped when her hair got into his eyes. She put up a hand to pat it down and he shook his head. 'Seriously!'

'Stop poking me!' He snapped again, annoyed by how bony she was – no matter how he shifted her, her elbow kept poking in his chest and it was irritating.

'Put me down, then. I didn't ask you to carry me.' She told him.

'You can't walk, idiot.'

'Don't call me idiot!' she snapped.

'Idiot!' He sneered. 'I.D.E.O.T.'

'It's i d I o t, idiot.' She jeered right back.

'You want me to drop you?' He loosened his hold, almost letting her go.

'Ya!' She grabbed his head in panic. Sehun laughed mockingly into her face, now only inches away from his.

'I knew you couldn't resist me!'

She blushed and pushed his head back. 'Jerk!'

He shook his head to dislodge her fingers around his neck but she merely tightened her hold, obviously scared he would actually drop her. Pff, he didn't need to do that to scare her; he could carry her and make it terrifying.

He broke out into a run. Enjoyed her terrified scream when he jumped high, enjoyed it even more when she buried her head into his neck.

'Sehun!' Suho sounded shocked as he saw him running. 'Don't run! You might…'

Sehun stopped in front of him, grinning.

'…slip.' Suho finished lamely. Then opened the back door and waited for Sehun to put – or rather dump – Tiffany down before smacking his head.

…………………….

Tiffany let out a squeal as she was unceremoniously dumped into the back seat, then yelped again when her head collided with the door as she sat up too quickly. She pouted, tearing up a little. Then looked up in surprise as a soft hand massaged the sore spot.

It was Suho's girlfriend, leaning over the passenger seat and looking at her sympathetically. 'Are you okay?' She asked, worry coating her voice. 'It doesn't hurt too much, does it?'

Tiffany blinked the tears out of her eyes and smiled. 'I'm fine, thanks.'

'That's good.' She nodded, then asked shyly. 'What happened?'

She's so sweet, Tiffany thought in wonderment. 'I… um, twisted my ankle this morning.'

'Oh, that must hurt.' She brightened, patting Tiffany's head. 'Don't worry, Suho'll take care of you!'

'Barf!' Sehun made puking noises at the adoring, worshipful smile she cast in Suho's direction – whose lips were twitching as he leaned in front of Tiffany, putting a first aid box on the ground beside him. He sent an equally adoring smile at his girl, then turned to Tiffany. 'I'm going to cut your boot off.'

'Why?' She asked, horrified.

'Your foot is terribly swollen and I can't do anything unless we get it out.'

She tried to think of a way she could avoid ripping apart her babies but there didn't seem to be away out of it. She nodded, steeling her heart.

'Okay, do it.' then turned her face and buried it in the girl's hand, tearing up both because of the pain and the loss of her shoes. The girl patted her comfortingly, muttering, 'It's alright!'

Tiffany was really glad for that angel in human form or she wouldn't have made it through the next, painful minutes. At last, Suho said, 'There, it's done!'

She stared in pain at the destroyed remains of her boots – Italian leather, she thought despairingly, pure Italian leather – then buried her head again in the angel's hands.

'It hurts, it hurts so much…' she sniffled.

'Give her a painkiller!' Sehun poked Suho's with his foot. Suho slapped him away.

'My boots!' Tiffany wailed. The angel shifted so she could hug her properly and Tiffany buried her head into her shoulder, crying in earnest.

'Ya!' Sehun snapped, annoyed by her preoccupation with her boots. 'Your feet are more important!'

Tiffany didn't bother to grace that tasteless statement with a reply – how could a creep know what those boots meant to her? Now she could never wear this pair again, never feel their soft, supple texture and never ever attain the confidence those boots gave her. In her feminine arsenal, those boots were her very best weapons.

Suho ignored their argument, squeezing the instant ice pack bag and shaking it vigorously before placing it on her swollen, bruised, utterly disfigured foot. She sighed, the coolness extremely soothing. He pulled Sehun next to him, forcing him to bend low, then lifted Tiffany's foot and placed it on his shoulder. 'Put your hand here,' He instructed, placing Sehun's hand on the ice pack.

'Why is her foot in my face?' Sehun complained, reluctantly grabbing the pack.

'We have to reduce the swelling, so keep at above heart level.' Suho got up from the ground, patted Sehun's head and smiled at Tiffany. 'It's very swollen and you probably walked around quite a bit before, so there is a lot of bruising. I can't tell if there's a fracture or not without an X-ray, so we'll take you to the hospital and then get you checked in, alright?'

Tiffany nodded. 'Thanks. I'm sorry for being such a bother.'

'It's okay.' The angel patted her head.

She stared up at her with tears in her eyes. 'You're an angel!'

Suho let out a delighted laugh. 'Isn't she?' he smiled at her fondly.

'Oh, cut it out!' Sehun groaned, turning his face away. 'You can flirt later, my shoulder's hurting! Ya, don’t you have any meat? Why is your foot so pointy?'

Seeing as said foot was swollen to the size of an orange, she didn't think that statement required an answer. She just gave him a snobby look – or as snobby as she could manage with her head being patted by the angel and her foot on his shoulder.

They managed to somehow move her without lowering her foot, although she had to perform real acrobatics, when Sehun stood up without letting go of her leg. She had to balance on her hands to prevent from falling, crab walking backwards until he got in; then he unceremoniously pushed her back even farther to spread out his legs. 'Drive quickly!' he ordered

Shaking his head at his rude tone, Suho started the car once again.

……………………

A/N

Sehun and Tiffany are just too epic for words XD