Chapter 16

You Who Came From The Stars

Angel was becoming exceedingly conscious of the way Suho's hand wrapped around hers, gently protective and possessive. She tried to focus on the road, as they were currently running to get out of the sudden rain, but his warmth was distracting. She kept looking down at their joined hands, delighted and flustered, and eventually, she slipped.

Her foot hit some rock and she went crashing right into Suho's back; he wasn't expecting the impact and they both went down, getting thoroughly soaked.

Angel's eyes had closed instinctively when she'd fallen and she slowly opened them now. Everything was blurry because her glasses had fallen off. But she could feel where she was.

 She was nearly flush with Suho's back, his body acting as a pillow between her and the ground. She sat up quickly, accidentally poking her knee into his back in her hurry.

'Oh my God, I'm so sorry!' She cried, completely distressed. Not only had she made him fall, she'd stepped on him. She leaned beside him, completely forgetting her shyness in her worry.

'Are you alright?' She asked, placing her hands around his arm.  

…………………….

Suho knew his lip was bleeding – he'd accidentally bitten it when she'd hit his back.

He didn't get up immediately, liking how her body felt pressed against his. Then he felt her move, grimacing when her knee hit his back.

'Oh my God, I'm so sorry!'

He was going to get up but she sat right beside him, leaning in really close, sounding really upset. And then, she placed her hands on his arms.

It was good plan, he gloated mentally, ignoring the fact that he was basically lying on wet ground, getting even wetter in the rain. Using the tiniest bit of his power – okay, maybe a bit more than tiny – he'd caused a nice shower in the area.

And his plan was a success because a) she'd let him hold her hand when they ran for cover b) she'd practically back hugged him and was now holding his arm c) she'd basically forgotten to be nervous around him. Seeing as he'd only wanted to hold hands, the bonuses were great.

Okay, so it was a great plan.

He turned his face towards her, smiling. 'I'm okay.' He sat up and she backed away a little. He didn’t like that but perhaps, he'd pushed her enough for one day? He got up, offering his hand to help her up. She took it, blushing.

He surreptitiously checked her for injuries, making sure nothing was wrong. Other than her lost glasses, she seemed fine. 'Can you walk?'

'I t..think so.' She took a couple of steps then stumbled, unable to see clearly.

'Here.' Suho guided her to the edge of the road, sitting her down. 'I'll look for your glasses.'

She looked up, her eyes even more beautiful without her glasses. 'I'm so sorry.' She sounded mortified.

'It's okay… here, put this on!' Taking off his – conveniently – waterproof jacket, he placed it around her shoulders. 'You'll catch a cold, put your hands in the pocket.'

He looked around for her glasses, found them on the roadside, quite dirty. 'I found them!' He called, cleaning them with his handkerchief; turned around.

And stopped short at the breathtaking sight of Angel covered in his jacket, her arms completely lost in the jacket's arm, unable to reach its pockets, looking completely dazed and utterly beautiful. Possessiveness and warmth welled up inside him like a tide. He wanted to hug her and smother her in kisses.

He did neither, just walked up to her and placed her glasses on her nose. 'All good?'

She stared up at him, meeting his eyes and he felt himself drowning into their depths. If she didn't stop looking at him like that, he'd kiss her. His fingers curled with the effort to hold himself back and he turned around quickly.

'Let's go!' He said gruffly, holding her hand and walking. She didn't pull her hand back, instead tightened her fingers around his. He looked back in surprise; she was looking down, blushing like a rose in full bloom.

A smile broke on his face again. It was an excellent plan.

……………………

Luhan was still grinning as he said goodbye to Mei at her dorm. She waved at him dramatically, calling 'I'll miss you!' over her shoulder as she went inside. Then poked her head out of the gate, making a phone gesture with her fingers. 'Call me!' she called in a stage whisper. Shaking his head, he waved back and walked away, pushing his hands in his pockets and whistling.

After seeing how their 'soul mate curve' formed the perfect boat, she been quiet for a while, staring. 'Oh!' she whispered softly.

Luhan thought she might finally be serious – his own heart was beating rather hard – but she'd turned with a dramatic 'Where have you been all my life?' pouting and fluffing up her cheeks and basically ruining the mood. Again.

Then they'd started again, talking utter nonsense and by the time they'd realized it had stopped raining, they'd been talking for over an hour. About so many things it was hard to remember exactly what – he only knew that the time had flown.

Luhan had felt himself being drawn in by her charm. She had a lot of charm. She was like a butterfly, fluttering from one flower to another, never sitting long enough to get caught. One moment, she'd be joking – the next she'd turn serious. She'd flirt with him a little, then withdraw into the jokester – in short, doing exactly what she'd told Sehun she would do: keeping him on his toes.

He realized that courting with her won't be an easy task but well, two could play the game. He grinned at the prospect, the beast in him baring its teeth in acceptance of the challenge.

…………………….

By the time they reached Lay's home, Angel thought her face might be permanently red.

They'd held hands the entire way, Suho's grip not loosening for even a second. She liked that. Just like she liked the fact that she was wearing Suho's jacket, inhaling his scent. It didn’t matter that her clothes were wet and she was beginning to shiver – her heart was very warm at the moment.

Suho sent her to change clothes soon as they reached home, handing her one his own freshly laundered shirts and sweatpants – if she was going to wear guy clothes, he'd make damned sure they were his.

He was worried she might catch a cold. So after changing, he put their clothes in the rarely used dryer and went to make hot chocolate, ignoring D.O and Chanyeol's curious looks.

'Why are you wet?' Sehun's voice was full of accusation. 'It was clear when we came home!'

'We'll talk later.' Suho ignored him and busied himself. By the time she stepped out, he had everything ready. A warm pair of socks, a cup of hot chocolate and an emergency medical kit – he thought he'd give her a check-up along with Lay.

When she came out, her hair wrapped up in a towel turban style and smelling all fresh and of course, dressed in his clothes – looking cute as hell in other words – well, he had some trouble controlling the urge to snap at everyone and make them look away.

 No one but him should see her like this – he let her sit with Lay but he stayed in the room the entire time. Doctor's privilege. She kept glancing up at him, blushing and looking away while she talked – stuttering often.

Lay, being Lay, didn't comment on any of it – just happily chatted with her, asking her about what classes he'd missed and what sort of progress she'd made with their project, apologizing for making her work alone.

'Why don't you bring over the music sheets tomorrow?' he suggested innocently and Suho cheered inwardly. 'That way I can help as well. I feel so bad, leaving everything to you.'

'O-okay.' Angel gave Suho another glance before looking away. It was Sehun who knocked on the door. 'Just wanted to let you know her clothes are dried now.' He was still looking at Suho accusingly and Suho thought he knew why.

Soon as she went to change, Sehun turned to him. 'You used your powers!' he sounded aghast and disbelieving.

'Later, Sehun.' Suho told him patiently and didn't say anything else, just waited for her to return.

When she came back, he asked her to let him check her. 'Just in case.' Sehun stood inside, keeping hawk's eye on him, as if to make sure he wouldn't do anything funny.

She stayed a little while longer but then asked Lay to ask Suho to walk her to the bus stop. 'I don't really know the way from here.' She confided to him.

'Of course.' Lay nodded in sympathy. 'I forget my way all the time. The lanes get confusing.' Then he cheered. 'But don’t worry – Suho knows his way around.'

Grateful to his brothers, for the numerous opportunities they kept creating for him, Suho happily walked her back.

………………………..

A/N

i feel kinda a warm and fuzzy :3