Chapter 62

You Who Came From The Stars

Mei was slumped on the bed, face buried in her pillow while her hand clenched on her phone.

'Come on, get up already!' Tiffany pulled her up brusquely and splashed water into her face. Mei blinked sadly and sighed. 'What's the point?'

'Ya!' Tiffany snapped, annoyed. 'If you're going to be like this, I'll switch rooms.'

'You would, wouldn't you?' Mei sighed, even more dejected. 'I'm unwanted company anyway…'

'Snap out of it!' Tiffany shook her shoulders. 'Why are you being like this?'

Mei sniffed. 'Why wouldn't I be like this? No one wants me around.'

'What are you even talking about?' Tiffany asked, a bit alarmed at the tears filling her eyes. She'd just said it because… well, they were always saying stuff like that. Why was Mei taking it so seriously? Her period was over, wasn't it?

'My best friend is siding with the guy who started this mess and my roommate wants to switch rooms to get away from me.' Her shoulders slumped. 'And my boyfriend is avoiding me like I'm plague. No one loves me.'

'Hey I was just joking…' Tiffany trailed off as Mei started crying in earnest. 'Seriously…'

Geez, can't a girl crack a joke? Shaking her head, she tried comforting Mei; but she was in no mood to be comforted and pushed her away.  

Tiffany was coming to dislike Luhan very much – it had been trying enough when they kept texting late into the night, Mei giggling like crazy over something he'd written but at least they were happy. For the past week, it'd been like funeral house inside the room and Tiffany was seriously starting to hate the guy for turning on Mei's waterworks.

What the hell was his problem anyway? Even a blind man could see how crazy Mei was about him. Wasn't it enough the girl was chasing after him like he was chocolate? And seriously, would it kill him to let her see him once so she could be sure he was alright and not dying of some mysterious post-surgery infection? What an .

Shaking her head, Tiffany sat down on her bed and started surfing the internet. She tried to anyway. Then Mei, staring hopelessly in space, whispered a broken 'Tomorrow would've been our second date….' And started crying again.

Tiffany snapped. Banging the laptop shut, she glared at Mei. 'What do you mean, would've been?'

Mei blinked. 'What…?'

'It is your second date tomorrow, and that's a promise. So stop sniffing!'

'What?' Mei looked scared as Tiffany advanced on her intimidatingly and grabbed her shoulders.

'You want to see Luhan right?' She nodded at her forceful question. 'Do you want to look like a nightmare when you do that? Mei opened but Tiffany stalled her. 'No, you don't! You want to look your best so you can blow his mind away and make him want to come back to you which means that you stop sniffling in this corner right fricking now, get your out of the bed and give yourself a beauty makeover. Now move!'

She'd pulled Mei out of the bed during her nonstop speech and was now pushing her towards the toilet. 'But…' Mei began.

'No buts.' Tiffany told her, looking frankly threatening as she threw her into the washroom. 'Take a bath and don't come out until you're smooth like a baby's bottom.' She shut the door on Mei's dazed face and locked it from outside.

'Ugh, the things I do for you…' she muttered, going to Mei's bed to pick her phone. 'You'd better be grateful and appreciate me properly.'

Guessing Mei's passcode was sickeningly easy – Luhan. Seriously. Shaking her head again, she browsed through the contacts and stopped on the name she despised. Shuddering in remembrance, she dialed.

'Yo Mei.'

Here goes.

…………………………

'You!' Sehun snapped into the phone, then looked at the screen to confirm she was indeed calling from Mei's number. He spoke contemptuously. 'Guess you couldn't resist, could you? Are you stalking me?'

'Pfft… in your dreams… no wait, not even there!' she snapped back, waspish as ever.

'Why? What's wrong with me?' ersely, Sehun was offended. He was stalk-worthy. Absolutely. No question about it.

'Nothing.' She sounded so sweet. 'I just have standards.'

'You called to insult me…' Sehun taunted. 'Yeah, I can see your standards.'

'Please.' It was impressive how much derision she could force into a single word. Then, like it was the most disgusting thing in the world, 'I need your help.'

'Sorry, I don't do charity.'

She sounded like she was grinding her teeth when she replied.  'It's for Mei…'

'Can't set you up for a blind date, sorry.' Sehun told her, totally enjoying her annoyed voice. Well, that's what she got for messing with him. 'Even for Mei.'

'Ya! Who said anything about a date? Are you going to keep blabbering or listen?' She snapped.

'You can't pay me enough to listen to you.' He hung up.

'Aren't you being too rude?' Tao asked, his voice strained as he lifted weights. 'I don't know who you're talking to but…'

The phone rang again. Sehun ignored Tao's 'Be nice!' and answered. 'What? Can't you tell when a person doesn't want to talk?'

'Like I'd waste my time doing that!' She retorted. 'I value my brain cells.'

Sehun snorted derisively. 'I'm not the one calling someone from their friend's number to be sure they'd answer.'

There was silence on the other end and Sehun could just see her struggling to force a façade of civility. 'Let's start over. I'm sorry I snapped, will you please listen to me?'

Even though she sounded like each word was causing her extreme pain, she tried to remain civil. So Sehun decided to listen. Because it must be really serious if she was willing to lose their verbal battle. 'Fine. Talk.' He ordered.

'Ya, who do you think you're order… ugh…' A sigh before she began. 'It's about Mei and Luhan.'

……………………

The day dawned bright, unlike his mood. He stared gloomily out of the window, not feeling cheerful at all. He sighed and earned himself a pillow on the head.

'Ya, it's too early to be so depressed!' His Shadow muttered sleepy and annoyed. Because obviously, his unexplained misery was bothering him. He threw the pillow back, then got up to put on his pants. That one visit with Mei had been enough to make him conscious about changing into decent clothes immediately. And then, because he was the only one up, he shook Chen awake so he could make breakfast for two.

It was boring to be sad alone.

Chen whined the whole way, waking up everyone else with his loud voice and by the time D.O was done cooking, nearly everyone was gathered around the kitchen table expectantly. Sighing dejectedly, he cooked for the rest of them and finally sat in his seat, staring at his plate as if it held the answers to life's mysteries.

'What is wrong with you?' Chen bumped his shoulder against D.O.'s. He shook his head in reply and stuffed his mouth with food.

'Is it your time of the month?' he stage-whispered, earning himself a glare and several snickers from the table. Naturally, Baekhyun had to add his two-bits.

'Yah, don't mess with him or he'll burst into tears!'

D.O. smacked his fist on the table, making them flinch and back off in a hurry. He was not in a good mood and they knew he could be quite sadistic if he actually got his hands around them. He finished his breakfast, mostly by himself while others indulged in table talk, and got up soon as he was done.

There was only one way to make himself feel better.

Going over to Chanyeol, whose laughing face was annoying him to no end, he put him in a headlock. 'What did I do?' Chanyeol demanded as he tightened his hold to choke him.

'I don’t like your face.' D.O. told him, then let him go. Nope, even messing with Chanyeol wasn't making him feel better.

There was a creak as Chanyeol jumped him from behind and tackled him to the ground, putting him in a headlock to avenge himself. They struggled for a while, until D.O. found a spot and started tickling him, completely disarming him. They rolled around, each trying to get the upper hand until D.O. got his hands around his neck again – Chanyeol willingly gave up instead of letting himself be choked again.  

Wrestling had refreshed him a good deal and his mood was much better. Which was why he agreed when Sehun suggested the preposterous plan to get Mei and Luhan together.

And that was how he found himself at the university funfair.

And found his mate.  

……………………….

A/N

So I kind of focused on Satansoo instead of Squishy but that's because this makes it writing about him more fun :3 Enjoy