Chapter 65

You Who Came From The Stars

Angel was nervous for two reasons.

One, it was her second date with Suho. The butterflies in her tummy were rioting, making her feel rather woozy.

Two, and this was the bigger reason for her current predicament, she was surrounded by guys. Six and that was excluding Sehun and the only reason she hadn’t run off by now was because Lay and Tao were doing their best to keep her distracted. Lay kept a steady stream of chatter while Tao kept dragging her from stall to stall, excitedly exploring and wanting her praise on his choice.

She was grateful because the other four behind her were frankly terrifying. There were just too many teeth between the giant, the puppy and the Cheshire cat. And the guy in black was just plain scary, the way he looked at everything like it had personally offended him. Angel expected to be scolded for committing some unforgivable crime any moment.

It was Suho's doing, she was sure of it.

She hadn’t suspected anything when Lay insisted on walking her to the ladies room – he was a gentleman after all and always did accompany her. Even when Sehun and Tao had shown up during lunch break to walk with her to the cafeteria, she'd been okay – surprised, yes, but they were like adorable, little (bratty) kids so she didn't mind it. The other four, however, had started following them soon as she'd stepped out of the campus to walk to the soccer practice field for the funfair.

At first, she'd been scared, gripping Lay's arm and pulling Tao closer – Sehun had gone off somewhere – but then, they had stepped forward and started talking to them. And she'd remembered that they were Suho's family.

She thought she knew why they were being so sticky and she really needed to talk to Suho about it.

It was one thing to tell her parents about the abduction and ask their permission to pick and drop her from university. It was quite another to put so many bodyguards around her.

Besides being impractical – she wasn't some celebrity, for crying out loud – she was beginning to feel for them because they were obviously resisting the urge to go and have fun on their own.

And where was he anyway? If anyone should be guarding her, it should be him.

Yes, she would tell him that as soon as she saw h…i...m…

How does he do that? She wondered, blown away. How he managed to look like he'd stepped right out of the photo shoot – and in casual clothes too – she could never fathom.

She became very self-conscious, wondering if she looked good enough to stand next to him. She was coming straight from the campus here and was beginning to regret not skipping class to get ready – Lay had assured her that Suho liked her regular look  – but she didn't miss the glances he was drawing by simply standing there.

She, on the other hand, was still in her uniform, wearing huge nerdy black rimmed glasses because the usual ones had broken and her hair was already escaping its confines even though Lay had kindly helped her put it in some manner of style. She had Band-Aid on her forehead, for heavens' sake! And even though she couldn't see them, she was sure all those scratches on her face had left their mark.   

She hid her face behind Lay and was glad that the boys were surrounding her because suddenly, she wasn't so sure she wanted to him to see her. She bit her lips, hand unconsciously tracing the faint line around her neck where the knife had torn skin.

She hadn't been exceptional before but right now, she felt like the ugliest duck on the planet.

Unfortunately, she had no chance to escape because her bodyguards were locking her inside and before she knew it, they were right in front of him, the group parting to reveal her in all her ugly glory.

She didn't meet his eyes, didn’t move to greet him even when Lay gave her a discreet push. She stopped where she was, twisting her fingers around the strings in her bag, and for some silly reason, her eyes were filling up.

God, she was looking terrible enough without ugly crying.

Instead of stopping, though, that thought made her eyes fill up faster and then overflow, tears dripping behind her nerdy glasses.

Get a grip, its Suho! Her rational mind told her.

That's exactly it, it's Suho! The only guy in her life, the only person she wanted to impress. And here she was, looking her worst even in her personal record of worsts and on a date too.

She started crying in earnest.

………………………

Suho felt like the breath had been knocked out of him and the sudden heat on his face told him he was flushing.

But she was looking just so damn cute that he couldn’t take it.

He found her usual university get up adorable, the glasses slipping down her nose and her hair barely held back. And of course, there was the goddess that'd come out on their first date.

But this…

He knew he shouldn’t find the Band-Aid so cute – it was reminder of her terrible ordeal – or the slight line around her neck appealing but all he could think of was how he'd like to put his lips there. The small cut on the side of her cheek, tiny scratches that Lay had deliberately not healed properly because it would be too suspicious – were all places he'd trace with his lips, kiss her, comfort her and show her  exactly how beautiful she was.

He swallowed, aware he was staring but unable to do anything about it. The black frames were giving her such a sweet bookworm air that he was finding it difficult to not jump her there and then.

He gave himself a mental shake to remind himself that they were in public and if that wasn’t enough to stop him – it wasn't – that his brothers were avidly watching, obviously expecting him to do something embarrassing.

Like coo over her as he'd been doing when they'd arrived yesterday.

The merciless teasing they'd given him over that was enough to make him control himself – he was the pack leader and deserved their undying respect, not jokes.

So he forced himself to take measured steps and move closer when she didn't. And noticed the tears dripping down her chin. She was crying.

Why? He wondered, then ditched that thought. Who cared why? To hell with teasing, he couldn't let her cry like that.

He pulled her his chest, not caring that the books in her bag were poking hard against his chest. When she tried to pull back – oh hell no ­– he hugged her tighter, making her drop it on his feet. He kicked it to the side and wrapped his arms around her more securely, ignoring the sniggers his actions were garnering.

'What's wrong?' He whispered into her hair.

She didn’t reply but her crying got worse. He tried to focus on what she was feeling – his link with his mate, he'd noticed, often let him know what was going through her cute little head – and was stunned and then, amused by her foolish worry.

Her, not looking pretty? Had she ever taken a good look at herself?

She smacked a light punch against his chest when he chuckled and glared up at him. Which made her look even cuter and his grin widened.

'It's not funny!' she told him, sniffing cutely and pushing her glasses – huge on her tiny face – up her nose. He suppressed another chuckle and he tapped her nose. 'Of course not.'

'I mean it!' He had the cutest vision of her stamping her foot and he couldn't take that. He pulled her back against his chest.

'Stop it…' her voice was muffled and he knew she was blushing, given their huge audience.

Everyone in the stalls was looking at them, not to mention the Legends whose faces were depicting a mixture of reactions – 'aww, that's so cute' from Lay and Baekhyun, a 'not sure if it's gross or cute' from Tao, 'get a room already' from Chen and a heartfelt 'wish I had a girl like that' from Chanyeol. D.O. was just plain bored.

Suho ignored them again.

'Stop being so cute.' He told her, eliciting another round of 'aww' from the crowd.

She blushed even harder and pulled the lapels of his jacket to hide her face completely. He somehow managed to disentangle her hands and forced her to look at him. She kept looking down or away until he softly threatened to kiss her in front of everyone if she didn't.

She gulped, face crimson, but met his eyes. 'You are the most beautiful girl in the entire world and I don't want to see you ever worrying about that again.'

There were catcalls and hoots, a few puking sounds at his statement but he kept looking at her steadily. She shook head in denial and he squeezed her hand. 'You think I'm lying?'

She stared up at him unblinkingly as he put her hand against his heart, thudding against his chest like it wanted to jump into her hands, and held it there.  

'I mean it.' He told her in a low voice. 'To me, you're the most beautiful person – the only beautiful person in the entire universe, no matter how you are. And if you doubt that, you're doubting my love.'

She swallowed hard and he smiled, gently wiping the tears tracing down her cheeks. 'Why are you crying now?'

Then blinked in surprise as she hugged him, arms squeezing around his waist. Who was he to say no to that? He wrapped his arms around her.  

And then, she finally lifted her face, smiling and whispered softly. 'I love you.'

………………………

A/N

We all know Suho is a cheeseball :3 Suho/Angel have got to be the fluffiest couple I wrote <333 what can i say? I want Suho to get settled already - he needs someone to dote on him ^^ Saranghae leader!