Chapter 39

You Who Came From The Stars

Of course.

Angel's heart slowed down and she let out the breath she'd been holding unknowingly. It had taken her so long to gather the courage to type that little sentence and even longer to actually send it. She had his number, yes but the prospect of calling him, hearing his voice over the phone made the butterflies in her tummy riot so much – she'd just listen to him and not say a word, melting while he talked and completely forget why she'd called him.

She wasn't sure how she should reply to his message, though. He'd agreed – she should thank him? She thought about it for a while, then typed carefully.

Thank you, I look forward to it

There, that seemed appropriate. She hit send and started to relax.

She felt his amusement before her cell phone rang. She stared at the caller Id with some trepidation but she wanted to hear his voice – and she'd already asked him, so it wasn't like there was anything she could forget. Relieved, she answered on the third ring.

'H..hello.' She tried to sound unaffected but heart had jumped right back into .

'Hey.' He sounded amused. She melted at the sound, leaning back against her bed, her face heating up in memory of his y whispers. He chuckled, sending shivers down her spine. 'Why are you being so formal?'

She didn't hear the question, simply taking in the cadence of his voice instead.

'Angel?' He prodded gently and she started.

'Um…' she tried to recall what he'd asked.

'I said why are you being so formal?'

'Oh… i…its polite…?' she wondered.

'Hmm, you're right, it is. So I should thank you as well, shouldn't I?' Somehow, she sensed he was teasing her even though he sounded perfectly serious.

'I..I guess…'

'Very well.' She could practically hear him laughing despite the gravity of his voice. 'Angel… my sweet Angel, thank you very much for letting me kiss you and kissing me back and having bad thoughts about me.'

She was sure her face was on fire and steam was coming out of her ears. He had to bring that up, didn't he?

He laughed, obviously getting what he'd aimed for – her discomfort. Because he finds it adorable. Wait, how did she know that…?

'Angel, you still there?' He asked, sounding chipper.

'Y..es.'

'I was joking, you know.' He told her seriously. 'I like it that you have bad thoughts about me.'

She covered her face with one hand, blushing even harder – not because he was teasing her again but because he was being perfectly honest. She felt it, just like she'd felt all the other things.

Was it love doing that to her? Making her so attuned to his feelings? She hadn't known that was possible but it made perfect sense to her. She sighed happily, focusing back on what he was saying.

'So,' his voice had dropped a couple of octaves, suddenly sounding husky and extremely y. 'Did you think about me last night?'

She gulped. She had. Thought about him and dreamed about him and woken up still thinking about him. She'd relived every moment in her memory and then some. After kissing her senseless in the rain, Suho had moved them both inside the car and proceeded to make her even more senseless while it showered outside. After a while, because she was getting cold, he'd the car heater and they'd cuddled in the backseat, warming their hands. Her clothes had dried remarkably quickly and then, he'd reluctantly brought her back home. It was kind of hard to refrain from thinking about it when he was doing things like that. 

'You did, didn't you?' She nodded, forgetting he couldn't see her. Maybe he was just as attuned to her as she was because he sounded like he'd seen her nodding.

'Good.' His voice dropped lower. 'You had more bad thoughts about me as well, didn’t you?'

Her face was by now a permanent shade of red, unable to blush any harder than she already was. Maybe he's reading my mind, she thought wildly. She already had so many bad thoughts about him and kissing him hadn't helped.

'What sort?' He prodded, gently. Devilishly.  

She swallowed, unsure how to convey what she had thought about. Besides, they were impossible scenarios anyway. She didn't have that sort of courage outside of her dreams.

'Angel…?' He wouldn’t let it go. She blushed, unable to say a word, her mind flashing all sorts of fantastic images in her head. Maybe he read those images in her head – or simply felt her desire because he could feel her as well.

'I'm coming over.' He told her, his voice rough.

That brought her out of her dreams in a hurry. Her parents were home and well, she wasn't someone who had friends over any day, let alone weekends. They'd definitely want to know who Suho was.

And Angel might be complete noob but even she knew that introducing him to her parents was a big step – she'd seen enough dramas and movies, read enough books to know how it might give men cold feet.

She didn't want Suho to get cold feet.

So, she spoke up – even though her heart was completely against it because she wanted to see him badly.

'M…my parents are h…home.' She told him, holding her breath and praying he'd still come.

'That's good.' He sounded confident. 'It's about time we met, don't you think?'

She cheered inwardly. 'If… you want to.'

'I do.' He assured her, sounding like he was smiling.

Well, she certainly had no objections to that. 'Okay.'

'See you then.'

She didn't hang up; he didn't either.

'Aren't you going to hang up?' He asked.

'R…right. Bye.' She hung up. Then looked at the phone, unable to believe he was coming over – her boyfriend was coming over to meet her parents.

Suddenly she felt like she would throw up – ohmygod, my boyfriend is coming over to meet my parents!!! What if they didn't like him? Or he didn’t like them? And what should she wear? She had to look her best. Oh god, what to do?

Before her panic attack could get the best of her, though, her mother knocked on the door.

'Angel, honey, lunch's ready.' Her mother, Merissa (she had her mother's name as her last name) peeked inside, saw her panicked face and hurried inside. 'You okay baby?'

Angel blinked. 'Mom, what should I wear?' she asked. Her mother – she was a stylist, she would know what to do.

Merissa blinked at the unusual request and looked down at her – she was still in her comfy pink pajamas, thoroughly taking advantage of the weekend, hair tumbling out of her poorly tied bun and glasses slipping down her nose. She smiled, ruffling her hair. 'You look adorable as is, baby.'

'Mom!' she half whined, half laughed. 'I really need your help.'

'Is someone coming over, honey?' She asked excitedly. Merissa positively despaired for her daughter's non-existent social life.

Well, she'll have one less worry, Angel thought, unable to believe she was going to share the news with her parents. They'd go berserk with happiness.

'Yes.' She finally spoke. 'As a matter of fact.'

Her mother let out a delighted scream. 'Oh, that's great! Is it a girl? A boy? Wait,' she snapped her fingers, 'It's Lay, isn't it?'

Since she'd been paired with Lay and he'd turned out to be such a nice guy and a talented musician, she'd talked about him – a lot – with her parents. They probably knew him as well as she did.

'Don't tell me, you two are finally going out!?!' Merissa squealed, clapping her hands in excitement.

'No Mom!' Angel stopped her before she got carried away. 'Lay and I are just friends and study buddies.'

'But he's such a nice guy!' her mother insisted.

'Yeah, well…there are other nice guys…' Angel looked away, her sentence trailing off as she muttered to the floor. Her mother stilled.

'Who is it?' she asked seriously. Angel felt a blush creep up on her face, suddenly nervous.

'Angel…' her father, Matt, entered her room. 'Baby, every thing's getting cold…. Are you okay?' he dashed to his wife who was staring at her daughter in shock.

'Matt…' Her shoulders shook and he thought she might be crying. But then she turned to him, her face a mask of happy excitement. 'Angel's got a boyfriend!'

Matt stared at her in shock. Then laughed. 'Merry, what are you saying? Angel, what's gotten into her head…?'

He trailed off, seeing her blushing face and the way she was twisting a small piece of paper between her fingers. He looked at her in shock, feeling the same happy excitement spreading through him.

'Is that true honey?' He asked Angel gently. She nodded to the ground.

'Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!' He squealed louder than her mom had. 'Who is he???'

They both stared at her with matching expressions of expectant curiosity. She bowed her head even lower and muttered. 'A friend of Lay's…'

'What was that?' Her mother leaned closer. 'Friend of Lay's?' She looked at her husband significantly. 'Did you meet him when you were visiting Lay?'

Angel nodded, eyes still on the floor. 'Actually, I think they are cousins.'

'Oh, cousins?' Her father sounded casual but she saw how his hands were tightening around her mother's.

'So… what's his name?' Merissa asked.

'What does he do?' Matt added.

'When can we meet him?' they chorused together. Angel bit her lip. 'Today?'

'He's coming over???' Her mother shrieked. 'Oh my god, you should've said something sooner. Oh, we need to be ready. Come on baby, we can't let you out in these clothes. Matt, go and bring something for tea and dinner. Hurry!'

Matt dashed out and Merissa began fussing over her wardrobe, lunch completely forgotten.

…………………..

Suho hung up, feeling uncomfortably hot. And tight. Just uncomfortable, period. 

Maybe the claiming had formed some sort of link between them or simply the beast was too attuned to its mate but he could sense her desire for him, even over the phone. He could also sort of know how she was feeling, guess her thoughts but right now, he could only focus on one thing – whisking her away and having his way with her.

Which wasn't at all helpful, seeing as he was going to meet her parents. Calm down.

He closed his eyes and gave himself a good old shake to clear his mind. It wouldn't do to go around like this around his brothers either – they'd slaughter him with teasing.

'Well, well, well…' the smirking voice behind him made him swallow. Baekhyun. 'Looks like someone's happy.'

'Ya, I love you too…' Chen. Crap. 'But I don't swing that way.'

'Shut up.' He muttered. How the hell had they seen him? He was in a corner with his back to the room. Chanyeol slapped his back with enough force to make his knees buckle. 

'Ya, it's nothing to be ashamed of!' he wiggled his brows meaningfully. 'That just shows you're a man.'

'All hail the manly leader!' Baekhyun intoned nasally. Loudly.

'Hail, hail!' Chanyeol and Chen mock bowed, dancing around him. Sehun and Tao, not knowing what was going on but always ready for fun, joined in and took up the chant. 'Hail, hail!'

'Ya, get out of the way!' He smacked their heads and pushed them away.

He had a meeting to prepare for and a mate who was eagerly waiting for him and he did not have time for this. He bumped into Kai on his way out. 'Hail?' Kai quizzed, raising one brow.

'Shut up!' He snapped and ignoring his snickers, went outside, taking large strides to get home.

………………….

A/N 

I wanna apologize first - I quit writing the bonus scenes with the promise of putting them in a separate story but I haven't posted anything :/ I'm really sorry about that - I've been very busy with my studies and its kind of hard to manage the bonus story, which I basically write on spot... okay, that's out of the way so...

Suho, eh? I like how the others tease it - I hope you guys enjoy it too - and the main purpose of having Suho's happy time is to compare it with Luhan's y one... to better appreciate their pain, I suppose? Anyway, do comment and let me know how you're taking the story so far :)