Chapter 12

You Who Came From The Stars

Luhan didn't plan anything as he started his bike and rode towards the girl's hostel that was nearby the university – per Sehun and Tao that was where Mei was staying.

Since several departments in the university had evening classes, a lot of girls were going in and out. Leaning casually against the bike, he observed everyone who went in or came out, hoping to catch a glimpse.

He became aware of the girl who was staring at him only when her shadow fell across him. He looked up. She was staring at him with a mixture of suspicion and excitement.

'Are you Luhan?' she asked him breathlessly.

Luhan mentally went not again before smiling at her. 'Nope. But I hear I look like him a lot.' Being popular had its disadvantages.

Not convinced, she tried to come closer, so Luhan swung a leg over his bike, putting on his helmet. 'Oh, my girlfriend's here.'

The girl turned to look at who his girlfriend was. He zoomed away, stopping only after he'd turned the corner. He peeked around sneakily – she was staring at the spot he'd parked his bike. A moment later, she huffed and turned to walk back to the hostel.

 Luhan parked his bike under the shade of a tree and sat down, leaning against the wall, staring at the veritable forest of shrubs and trees that grew on the other side of the road.

This was the back side of the hostel, the small terraces jutting over the backyard. The road wasn't used and no traffic passed this way. Luhan wondered how he should proceed.

One look. That was all he needed to reassure himself. Just one look with his own eyes.

Luhan dialed Sehun's number and waited for him to answer. 'Hello?'

'Hey. Do you know where Mei is right now?'

'In her room.'

'Sure?'

'Yeah, I was just talking to her.' Sehun sounded annoyed. 'She's acting like Kai all of a sudden, telling me to study for the test. What's with that?'

'Maybe you should try it.' Luhan suggested.

'Hmmph… but why are you asking where she is, hmm? Are you going to sneak in the dorm?' Luhan could hear his eyebrows wiggle. 'Wait, I'll come over and we'll do it together.'

'Calm down, I'm not sneaking in the dorm.' Luhan stopped Sehun's excited chatter.

'What? WHY?' He sounded aghast.

'Because I like my legs and I don't want them broken.'

The security guards who manned the main gate weren't a problem – they could be talked into letting him into the visiting room. It was the female warden who prowled the dorms – she was what nightmares were made of. There were rumors – gruesome ones – about how she'd dealt with guys who'd been daring – and stupid – enough to sneak inside the girls' dorm.

'Oh.' Sehun sighed into the phone. Then he cheered up again. 'Just think, if we succeed, we'll be Legends around the school.' He laughed at his own pun. 'Legends… see what I did there?'

Luhan frowned at the phone. 'Will you shut up? I'm not sneaking in the dorm and you should study if you have a test. I'm hanging up.'

Luhan shut the phone and looked around. What to do? If he were Kai, he would totally use his power and teleport inside her room, to hell with the warden. As it was… Maybe I can use my powers to push her away when she tries to break my legs, he pondered then shook his head. Sehun and his silly ideas had a weird way of seeming more reasonable than they actually were.

Thankfully, he was saved from actually following Sehun's suggestion. There were tinkling laughs as two girls stumbled out on to the terrace of one room, giggling like crazy.

'Stand still, will you?' One of the girls spoke between laughter. He didn't need to turn around to know that it was Mei. Her scent tickled his nose pleasantly.

He turned slowly to look at her.  And sighed as relief crashed through him.

After seeing Lay, and hearing Sehun and Tao's increasingly exaggerated accounts of what had happened – they got fancier with every retelling – Luhan had been frankly scared. Despite Kai's reassurance that he must've accidentally scratched her, he was sure he'd done something terrible. Seeing her laughing like that eased the knot of worry in his chest.

I should go now, he thought as he stared at her, I've seen her, I know she is fine. But he stood rooted to the spot as he looked, really looked at her for the first time.

All this time, he'd been preoccupied with the feelings of it all – the scent that irritated him, the blind frenzy, mood swings – and he hadn't thought once about the person behind all of it.

She's beautiful. The thought came from the very depths of his heart, which was suddenly beating double time. Her long silky hair lifted in the gentle wind that blew, her big brown eyes sparkling as she laughed with her friend.

He felt a stupid smile spread on his face and he knew he looked like a sappy idiot, leaning and melting against the wall like he was but seeing her laugh made him want to smile as well. From his position, he had a perfect view of her – she was standing almost directly overhead – but hidden underneath the tree canopy, she obviously didn't know he was staring at her.

I'm such a creep, he thought.

That didn't stop him though. He watched her as she goofed off with her friend, snapping random silly photos. He kept watching until she went back inside. Only after that did he move, putting on his helmet and starting the motorbike.

He cruised home slowly, enjoying everything for no reason.

………………………….

Bonus Story: EXO Journal:  A Voyage through the Galaxy

Scene 7: In which Tao doesn't know when girls hit on him (Part 3)

Dear Diary

Guess Sehun knows what he is doing after all. I followed his suggestion and for a moment, I rather thought she'd faint. She started blushing a lot and it was kind of embarassing for me too but in the end, she asked what I meant and I told her we could be friends. Guess that's what she wanted after all 'cause she agreed right away. I think that's how I'll handle people from now on - love is the answer, I've found.

Anyway, so her name's Luna and she told me she's really into martial arts. So I offered to teach her some and...

Sehun (peeking over his shoulder): So, did she accept?

Tao (scandalized): Stop reading my diary!

Sehun (snorts as he pushes his hand covering the text away): Whatever. Did she agree?

Tao (knowing its useless): Yes.

Sehun (yelling): Kai, get this - Tao's got a girlfriend!

Tao (even more scandalized as Kai teleports right beside him): WHAT?

Kai (more calmly): WHAT?

Chanyeol and D.O (appearing in the doorway): WHAT?

Suho (calling from the living room): WHAT?

Lay (faintly calling from his bedroom): WHAT?

Sehun (smirking): Uh hu, you were saying?

Tao (blushing under their intense scrunity): She's just a friend.

Sehun (wiggling his brows): She's also a girl - ergo, girlfriend.

Tao opens his mouth to counter that but closes it again - he supposes she is his girlfriend, although he is pretty sure the word implies something else. Still, can't argue with logic, so he continues on with dignity. 

Tao (rather snobbily): I offered to teach her martial arts and she accepted.

Chanyeol (whislting): Smooth. 

Tao (getting rather defensive although he has no idea why): It was just an exercise class.

Sehun (nodding vigorously): Hell yeah! Tell me you touched her!

Tao (looking away from their wiggling eyebrows): Its kind of hard to avoid that when I'm teaching her the proper stance...

Chanyeol bustles inside and swings his chair around to stare at his face. D.O moves inside as well, making room for Suho and a limping Lay who immediately collapses on the small chair right beside the door. 

Chanyeol (leaning into his face): Wait, wait, wait! You actually taught her martial arts?

Tao (looking like he's dealing with idiots): That's what I said I'd do, didn't I?

Sehun (shaking his head in despair): Please tell me you didn't hit her.

Tao (wondering what is wrong with everyone): I had to! I was showing her how to land a proper kick.

Kai smothers a laugh but it quickly turns into huge guffaws as he leans back against the wall. D.O's smirking, Suho and Lay are smiling fondly at Tao and Chanyeol, like Sehun, looks like he wants to strangle the cub.

Sehun (wondering if there is anything Tao hasn't messed up on): You could've practiced on the dummy.

Tao: I would've but it was broken. So we had to use practice pads and besides, she told me she didn't mind. (Then, thinking his brothers are offended because he hit a girl, adds) I had to gauge her strength, so I told her to hit me as well - she's rather strong for her size.

Kai (still smothering his laughter): Bet you told her that.

Tao (nodding): I said it was impressive, she can skip the core buildup and get straight to the katas.

Tao (seeing Sehun's expression): I showed her the Bruce Lee sidekick in case she has to hit someone running towards her...?

At this, all of them collapse into laughter except Sehun who's glaring at his Shadow with a thunderous expression. 

Sehun (angrily) : That's supposed to be good? For all I know you used her as the practice dummy.

Tao (looking guiltily away):...uh...

Sehun (scandalized): NO!!!

Tao winces as Sehun slams him back into his chair and hits his head, muttering 'I'm wasting my time with you!' as the others keep on laughing, looking like its the most hilarious thing they've ever heard. Tao rubs his head wondering why his Shadow is being such a prick but unfortunately, none of the elders explain anything as they file out, all of them patting his head or ruffling his hair. He's especially annoyed when even Kai pats his head and bares his teeth at the cub but he just smirks before following D.O out. Thinking he's stuck with a bunch of crazies, Tao returns to his diary. 

Dear Diary, 

What did I do wrong? 

...........................

A/N 

Yes, I'm perfectly aware that Luhan does not drive motorbikes and is, for all we know, rather afraid of the devices but its for the story's sake so bear that discrepancy. If it makes you feel better, biker-han is manlier ;) besides, now we even have the first look shoot so you can all imagine him riding a harley ;)

and yes, that's Luna from f(x), keke. If I find no one else for Tao, I'll ship these two :3

now excuse me while I go stalk yixing with harley davidsons and die of nosebleeds