Chapter 79

You Who Came From The Stars

Luhan wasn't sure how he should approach Mei.

She hadn't shown up yesterday and he'd spent the entire day fretting over how he could make it up to her. Knowing her, that probably had been her intention – to make him suffer a little before she gave him a chance. Frankly, he was surprised she made him agonize only one day.

It was a bit suspicious, in fact. Unless she was planning some sort of huge revenge?

'If she'd been planning on revenge, she wouldn't have given you a second chance.' Kai knocked his fist against Luhan's head. 'Get a grip on yourself. She isn't even here yet.'

'That's exactly the problem.' Luhan got up, paced around nervously, then sat down beside Kai before jumping right back up to pace around some more. 'Who knows if she even will…?'

'If she's smart, she won’t.' Kai told his back, then laughed at his pained expression. 'But we all know that she's foolish when it comes to guys.'

'You know, you're getting a bit too cocky!' Luhan hit him on the shoulder, making him lose his balance. 'It's not attractive.'

'You sure you aren't just jealous?'

Maybe Kai was right, he was jealous. Because Mei was talking to everyone but him – and Kai seemed to have developed a good old friendship with her. It was making him burn up but he'd promised he wouldn't make an out of himself again, so he was trying to be patient and not reacting when someone pushed his buttons.

Something Kai was obviously having a lot of fun with. Luhan sniffed. 'Whatever.'

Then ran a hand through his hair in frustration. 'Geez, I'm too nervous.'

'Would you like a smoke?' Sehun offered.

Luhan glared at him. 'No. And you shouldn't smoke either.'

'I don't.' Sehun smiled innocently. 'Tao does, though.'

Tao, who'd been sitting around, trying to convince birds to sit on his finger, turned around indignantly at the accusation. 'I do not! I don't smoke!'

Sehun laughed disbelievingly. Tao glared at him. 'I don't.'

'You don't what?' Baekhyun, with the rest of the crew in tow, showed up. He smacked Tao's head. 'Why?' Tao whined.

'Because.' Baekhyun replied, sitting right beside him and slinging an arm around his neck. 'So, what doesn't he do?' He looked around. 'Use his head?'

'Smoke.'

'Smoking is bad!' Baekhyun reprimanded him. 'How many times do I have to tell you that?'

Tao's mouth hung open. 'I don't…when did you…?'

Baekhyun stalled him. 'Smoking is bad. Repeat after me!' he threatened.

Tao pouted, turning his head away. 'You guys are meanies!' He declared, then glared at Sehun. 'It's over between us!'

Sehun, his objective to annoy Tao obviously achieved, dissolved into cackles, then started messing around with the others. Luhan observed his brothers cracking up over Tao's dramatic declaration, then ran a hand through his hair again.

'So… when are we going to get started?' Chanyeol rubbed his hands in anticipation.

'Let's hope we don't need to use you guys.' Kai told him. 'That's plan B.'

'What's plan A?' Chen, busy consoling Tao, asked. They all looked at Luhan. He swallowed. 'Um…'

'Oh my god, there she is!' Baekhyun suddenly pointed in one direction. Luhan turned so quickly, he cricked his neck. Behind him, there was a huge burst of laughter.

'Dude! You need to relax!' Baekhyun got up to smack his shoulder.

'Yeah, relax. You wanna be smooth to impress a girl!' Chen declared from over Tao's shoulder.

Luhan nodded, then listened attentively to the Legend's exceedingly preposterous suggestions on approaching her.

'Take her to the Scare Fare!' Sehun told him convincingly. 'She'll jump into your arms right away!'

Luhan's eyes widened. He wouldn't mind her jumping into his arms… although chances of him jumping into hers were equal.  

'No, take her on the Ferris wheel, then Tao'll stop time when you reach the top and Kai'll teleport you out. Then…' Really getting into the scene, Baekhyun got down on his knees, the illusion of a bouquet appearing in his hands.

'I know I hurt you baby, I know! And I know you're angry at me! But…' dramatically, he got up, gesturing the flowers around, golden sparkles flying around. 'Just give me one more chance! I'll do anything, I'll bring the stars and moon for you! Just give me one last chance…'

Chen joined him. 'But just so you know, babe… you ain't coming down until you do!'

Luhan smacked him away, ignoring the raucous laughter and squeezed the bridge of his nose. If nothing else, he supposed, he could get her stuck on the Ferris wheel and refuse to let her down… no, snap out of it! That was plan Z or maybe not even that.

No, he would go to her and tell her they needed to talk, and just lay it on her. Honestly. And without all the dramatics his brothers were suggesting.

Like getting a handlebar mustache and artist's cap. Why the hell should he do that?

'Because it's French. Chicks dig French!' Chen told him seriously. 'I'm sure I have a fake one lying around somewhere and we can find you a proper costume…'

'Oh my god, she's here!' Tao yelped.

'He's not going to fall for that again,' Baekhyun hit Tao's head.

'No, I mean it!' Tao pointed. 'Over there!'

They all turned to see Mei entering the soccer field, helping a crutch wielding Tiffany along.

'Crap!' Luhan swallowed, throat suddenly dry and looked around in panic. The Legends, looking just as panicked, up and vanished quickly into the crowd, Baekhyun's parting 'Good luck!' ringing in the air.

Luhan swallowed again and started marching towards her like a soldier marching into battle – he had no idea what he would say to her but he wouldn't find out until he tried.

Here goes nothing.

…………………………

A/N

Poor Tao :3 I love that cutie pie <3 Sehun is such a brat :P and of course, Baekie and Chen are being awesome as usual... btw, can you guys imagine Luhan with a 'stache? I totally can - I think he'd look rather cool - blame it on tumblr, I've seen too many LuJuans ^^  I thought I'd make him French for a change :D  

 

all that maniless got me right in the feels u( X_X)u

And now, a disney princess for you guys :3