Chapter 44

You Who Came From The Stars

Angel had spent the night restlessly, too nervous and excited for her first date. First date.

They'd been together all this time but they hadn't actually gone out. Not that she minded – holding hands with him while walking to her bus stop was enough for her and she was only now beginning to get a little at ease around him, after they'd kissed. She was grateful that Suho had been patient like that and not rushed her.

But it was hard to sleep when she'd thought about spending the whole day with him. They'd hold hands, of course. Probably kiss again – her face had burned with embarrassment and pleasure. Maybe even cuddle again – she really wanted to do that because she liked being in his arms.

And now, it was morning and she was bordering on a panic attack as anxiety got the best of her. She'd let her mom select her clothes because Suho had obviously liked her dress last night. But she styled her own hair and put on the make-up herself so she'd have something to do. Otherwise, she would've just torn away the numerous music sheets that were spread around her room nervously.

She wasn't as good as her mom but she knew the basics alright. And she put in a lot of effort so it was perfect. Now the last part, the hardest part as far as she was concerned, remained. Contacts. She stared at the lens resting on her finger intensely.

Just then, the phone beeped and she started. Dropping the lens on the floor. 'Crap!' Putting on her glasses, she picked the phone and checked. Suho. I'll be there in twenty minutes.

Her heart jumped into – he was coming and oh, this was bad. It sometimes took her up to ten tries before she got her contacts in place. And now she'd lost one. It'd take even longer to find it and she'd be late. She hurriedly sat down and felt about with her hands but couldn't find it.

Reluctantly, she took out her other glasses – less used but with a more stylish look – and put those on. She looked at herself critically. She looked good, she supposed. Almost as good as she'd looked last night. Well, she couldn't waste any more time.

She hurriedly changed clothes and put on heels – another less used accessory because she preferred flats, less chances of stumbling that way – and by the time Suho rang the bell, she was ready and waiting on the stairs as per her mother's instructions, so she could make a grand entrance.

Praying her legs wouldn't give out at the sight of him, she slowly made her way down, holding the railing with one hand and trying to fake a calm she didn't feel. Her face heated up immediately when he glanced up, his smile vanishing as his jaw dropped at the sight of her. She felt the sudden desire that bolted through him and swallowed.

…………………

Suho forgot what he was saying, stopping mid-sentence as he saw her. His jaw dropped and the urge to just grab her and take her away was so hard, he had to physically restrain himself. He forced his mouth close and smiled at her parents apologetically. 'Um… where was I?'

'Oh, nothing.' Her mother grinned mischievously. 'We were just telling you to have a good time. We'll get going, then. Come on, Matt!'

'But we were just talking about…' Matt's protest vanished as he was dragged inside by his willful wife.

'Good bye, honey. Have fun!' she called.

Suho didn't pay any attention, his eyes glued to Angel as she slowly descended. If she'd looked like a goddess last night, he wasn't sure what to call her now but surely it was something divine.

Angel stopped at the foot of the stairs, then slowly made her way towards him. He took in the way her hips moved with an extra swish, thanks to the heels she was wearing, her legs looking long and elegantand quickly reverted his gaze back to her face. He was already getting hot and she had yet to reach him.

She fidgeted a little when she stopped in front of him, her face closer to his because of the high heels and he watched with fascination as a pretty red climbed up her neck to color her cheeks. 'Hi.' She muttered shyly.

He blinked and swallowed to clear his dry throat. 'Hi yourself…' his eyes wandered again before he snapped them back to her face. 'You look gorgeous.' He told her sincerely. She blushed harder. 'Thank you.'

He smiled, realizing she'd both initiated their conversation – if it could be called that – and spoken without stuttering. 'Shall we?' he offered her his arm and she took it readily, nodding.

'Good bye.' He called over his shoulder, all but running towards his car, eager to get her away. He waited for her to get in, then dashed to his side, got in and accelerated. Best take her around where he'd planned and do all the cutesy couple stuff before he lost it. Because if he got his hands on her, they wouldn't get as far as the dating thing – ever.

…………………