Chapter 90

You Who Came From The Stars

'Sorry to call you out this late!' Lily stood up from the sidewalk she was sitting on, securing her backpack against her shoulder.

'You should've called sooner…' Xiumin told her, picking the small suitcase resting beside her. 'Right when you stepped outside.'

'I totally forgot you'd moved.' She shook her head. 'It wasn't until I was here that I remembered.'

They were outside Xiumin's old shop. Xiumin had been surprised by her late call and even more so by her unusual request. But, given the number of times she put up with his unusual requests, this was the least he could do.

'I'll look for a place tomorrow, but I honestly don’t have anywhere else to go right now.'

'Stay as long as you want.' He opened the cab door for her, hefting the suitcase inside. 'How's Rose?'

'The surgery was successful; now they're waiting for her to wake up.' Lily slipped inside and smiled when he closed the door. 'Thanks.'

Nodding, he got in as well and told his address to the driver. As the cab moved, he glanced at her. 'So. What happened?'

'Nothing.' She looked straight ahead.

'Try again.'

'Geez, it's not a big deal. Let it go.'

'You're wandering around at midnight like a homeless person, with all your belongings. How's that not a big deal?'

She stared at him for a moment, then sighed. 'The old couple I lived with…'

'Yeah?'

'…they were taken to an old home by their nephew because they were having problems managing without me around.'

'Oh.'

'Yeah. And the landlord gave the apartment to new…'

'Didn't he know you were coming back?'

'Oh he did… yeah, he had it all planned out.' Lily smiled cynically, shaking her head. 'A nice little cozy scenario where he generously lets me stay under his roof so I can cook and clean for him.'

Xiumin's lips pursed in irritation. He didn't like this.

'And of course, I'm so grateful, I can't keep myself away from him.' Her lips twisted down in disgust, a feeling he could sympathize with. 'If you get the drift…'

'You should've called me sooner.' He told her again. 'So I could beat that jackass up.'

She laughed. 'Thanks but I'd prefer it if you didn't end up in jail. He's friends with the local constable and he's always threatening everyone like that.'

'.' Xiumin muttered under his breath, then continued spewing choicy swear words, making her laugh again.

'You sure this won't be a problem?' she asked again as he helped her get out, then beat her to the suitcase, lifting it before she could protest.

'Not at all.' He assured her. 'It's a bit cluttered though 'cause I'm not done unpacking yet.'

Nodding, she followed him up the stairs. The apartment was similar to his old one in that both were above the shops; but unlike his previous place, this one was a complete suite, with a mini kitchen and all. Perfect place for a single person.  

'Whoa!' she exclaimed, looking around the place. 'Are you sure you're not mafia?' she asked him, grinning.

'Ah, now you've blown my cover. What gave it away?' He grinned right back, carrying the luggage to the bedroom.

'Geez, I don't know – you seem to have lot of dirty money.'

All thanks to Suho, he thought as he shrugged, putting down the suitcase. 'Wanna grab a bite?'

'Not really.' She shook her head. 'I'm so tired right now, I just wanna sleep.'

'Okay, there's the washroom,' He pointed in the direction. 'I'll leave you to it, then.' She was looking around curiously. 'What about you?'

'Hmm?' He kicked at the numerous cartons in his feet.

'Where'll you sleep?'

He raised his brows. That hadn't occurred to him, though he supposed it should have. He shrugged. 'Probably out there.'

She raised a brow, looking at the number of boxes and random clutter lying on the floor 'out there'. He would have to clean up some space, even for a single mattress on the floor. 'Don't be stupid. I'll take the floor, here – you take your bed.'

He was shaking his head before she finished. 'No way. You take the bed, I'll be on the floor.'

'Not happening.' She told him, then her heel to leave for the restroom. 

………………………

Idiot.

Lily smiled at the sight of Xiumin on the floor, tucked in like a baby in the sleeping mattress he'd spread out. Only his eyes were peeking out and they turned up mischievously as he smiled.

'Seriously.' She shook her head. But honestly, she was too tired to argue much – the shower had loosened the knots in her muscles and now, all she wanted to was crash and never move. She moved, intent on doing exactly that when something crawled across her foot.

Surprise made her jump a little and she saw the cockroach running across the floor. She shuddered in disgust, somehow feeling her entire shower had been ruined. Then, grabbed Xiumin's ear, pulling him out of the bag.

'Get on the bed, this floor's not safe.'

'It's just a critter.' He groaned, trying to get free.

'Who knows what else is there – what if there are rats?' she quizzed, ignoring his struggles and pulling him up.

'Geez, let go will you?' Rubbing his ear, he stood up and started folding the bag. 'You're not sleeping there either.'

'I was going to suggest that we share.' She told him, moving to one side of the bed. 'It's big enough for two – I'll take this side, you take that… or we can switch, I don't mind. Just hurry up, I'm tired.'

'Nah, it's cool.' He put the folded mattress away and got on his side. 'Now sleep.'

She didn't need to be told twice.

'Good night.' She muttered, slipping under the covers and sighed in pleasure. Nothing, really, could compare the feel of the bed after a tiring day. Then, she remembered Xiumin was with her. Groaning, she sat up again and pulled out the pillow from under her head, placing it in the center.

He observed her antics curiously. 'You don't have to do that, I'll stay on my side.'

'It's for your safety.' She muttered sleepily, slumping back. 'I don't move much during sleep but I kick really hard if someone touches me, even accidentally.'

'…another Luhan…'

'Wh…?' Her words turned into a yawn and before she knew it, she was asleep.

………………………

'How can you sleep at a time like this?'

Lay blinked sleepily as the overhead light flickered to life and he was unceremoniously shaken awake by his Shadow.

'What?' He asked, trying to gather his senses.

'Let him be.' Kris murmured, 'He must be tired.'

'I'm up.' He yawned, blinking sleep out of his eyes. Which expanded at the terrible condition of both Legends, their faces sooty, hair singed in places and was that a hickey on Kris's chest???

'Long story.' Baekhyun read the question on his face. 'First, we need you out there.'

Nodding, he stood up and stretched. Then sniffed. 'Is something burning?'

'The curtains, the carpet, some furniture, some clothes and Kris's shoes.'

Lay glanced down to find Kris barefoot. 'Oh.'

'Come on!' Pushing him in front of him, Baekhyun marched him into what appeared to be a warzone. Lay blinked around at the wet, sooty walls, upturned furniture and burnt carpet. Luhan and Kai were busy cleaning it up while the rest of the Legends ordered them about.

'Ya!' Sehun yelled at Luhan, pointing to the floor. 'You left a stain there.'

Unlike normal, where Luhan would've glared at the cub for his rudeness, he nodded meekly and started cleaning again. Suho sidled next to him, looking him up and down. 'You seem okay.'

'I'm okay.' Lay smiled reassuringly, then suppressed another yawn.

'Good, cause everyone here needs a bit of touching up. You can start with Kris, since he got burnt.'

Lay nodded, then walked to Kris and hugged the guy, leaning his sleepy head against his very comfortable chest. Tired as he was, it felt like an amazing resting place and he yawned, then snuggled deeper into him and started dozing off.

'Lay…' Kris gently shook his shoulder.

'Mmm?'

'Um… can you, like, heal me first? This hurts like a .'

Nodding in agreement, not opening his eyes, he directed healing energy into Kris's body. Then, he just went around, sleepwalking, and healed whatever came into his hands.

'Ya, don't touch that!' Chanyeol pushed his hands away as he nearly grabbed the smoldering stool. And directed him away from the pile of curtains that Luhan and Kai had taken down and stacked in a corner. Then pushed him with the others who were sitting against the wall. Lay leaned his head on the person next to him and closed his eyes.

Movement, noise, light mixed into a kaleidoscopic blur and he was falling into it when someone slumped next to him. His pillow shifted, so he sat up and leaned comfortably on the other side, putting his arms around whoever it was so he could sleep more comfortably.

Luhan's voice penetrated his dream haze.

'I don't get it. This doesn't happen with Suho and Xiumin!'

'It rains…' Suho's voice floated in.

'Yeah but it doesn't drown anyone!'

'And it's not like Xiumin's getting all…'

'Well, he has Lily.'

'Kai has a girlfriend!' Luhan defended.

'Guys I don't…' Kai began but his voice was lost in the argument as everyone cited their opinion. None of which came close to the real reason.

'It's because I healed you.' Lay mumbled, getting tired of the noise.

There was silence, then Luhan poked his head. 'What did you say?'

Lay rolled over, opening his eyes to stare up at his face. 'I healed you – my power has that effect when used excessively…'

'Oh!' Baekhyun suddenly laughed somewhere in the distance, hands clapping. 'I just remembered!!!'

'What?' Luhan and Kai spoke simultaneously.

'Libido!' Baekhyun put as much naughtiness as he could in that word. 

'I don't get it!' Kai's voice rose in the midst of all the laughter and understanding aah's around the room. 'I thought it made us sleep.'

Deciding he couldn't get any sleep like this, Lay sat up slowly. 'Sleep is body's natural way of healing.' He explained, rubbing his eyes. 'That's why you feel sleepy.'

'But his power repairs everything and makes it function to its fullest.' Baekhyun cast another naughty look at Kai. 'Even better than it was before…' he wiggled his eyebrows.

'You and Kai were healed...' Chen smacked his hand on the floor, doubling over. 'Oh, no wonder!'

'Oh, oh, I got this! I got this!' Baekhyun bounced excitedly, then grinned at Kai and Luhan. 'You guys were given a massive healing!'

The troublesome trio howled with laughter as Suho shook his head at their lame attempt at dirty humor while Kai and Luhan blushed.

'This is awesome!' Chanyeol exclaimed, nearly crying. 'I didn't know that, ya why didn’t you tell us?' He demanded, glaring at Baekhyun. He shrugged, grinning. 'I forgot.'

'Well, I want some libido too…' Lifting Baekhyun's hand to his face, he ordered, 'Scratch me!'

Baekhyun obliged, beaming as Chanyeol yelped, then crawled over to Lay, 'I'm injured, heal me!!!'

Chen slapped his . 'You'll never have Kai's pheromones, he's naturally y!'

'You're just jealous because girls like me more!' Chanyeol retorted, turning to Lay once again, pouting. 'Heal me, please!'

Lay obliged, then sighed as everyone else, with the exception of Suho, Kris, Kai and Luhan started bugging him for a healing as well.

This was going to be a long night.

…………………………

Luhan passed the night in a worried state, turning over everything inside his head.

Lay's healing had made him stronger and combined with the surge in his powers due to the claiming, it was messing things up. He couldn't let that continue, not when it turned Kai into a potential .

But how could he prevent that from happening if he didn't learn to close his link? He couldn't practice here – Suho was already having a fit over the repair costs to his room and the living room, he would kill Luhan if he started another disaster.

No, he needed an isolated place with no one around that he could demolish stuff without worrying about repairs… he could take Kai with him, so he wouldn't attack anyone. Maybe lock him up… although given his power, it was useless… unless, there was someone stronger around to stop him. Someone who could handle him if Kai lost it, someone who would keep his calm and knock him out instead of shrieking his head off and running away.

There was only one such person and he would talk to him come morning.

And until he learned how to have total control, he would keep Mei at a distance.

How, he had no idea but he had to try.

………………………….

Lily had been right, she did kick really hard when touched.

Xiumin rubbed his shin which had somehow crossed over into her territory. Man, could she kick – she could do Luhan proud and he wasn't even kidding.

Leaning his head back, he tried to forget the dream he'd been having before her kick had woken him up. But it flashed right back into his head.

'Choomin!!!' she screamed, her terrified face drenched with tears and blood as she ran towards him. His broken leg unable to carry him… but he still got up to move, to get to her before the darkness caught her.

He fell down, his leg twisting under the weight. A scream wanted to tear out of his mouth as pain bolted through him but there was no time. He looked around for something, anything that could help him and grabbed the tree trunk beside him, levering himself against it.

Her tiny figure was becoming clearer as she got nearer, her small but working legs carrying her over the distance. He blinked the blood out of his eyes, hoping that she would make it. Limping forward, he ignored the pain in his own body to save the only family he had left.

Their arms stretched, fingers mere millimeters apart and he hefted himself forward, grabbed her hand.

And watched in horror at the bloody fingers left in his, as darkness devoured her. was open in a shocked, soundless scream before she vanished and it was a sight that haunted his nightmares…

The sudden, harsh ringing of his phone made him sit up. Sweat clung to his forehead and he tried to shake off the vivid memory, realizing he'd dozed off again. He frowned at the caller id. What did Luhan want this late at night – or early in the morning, since it was already four?

'Is everything okay?' He kept his voice to whisper.

'No, it's not.' Luhan sounded grave. 'I need to talk to you.'

'Now? What happened?'

'Open your door and I'll tell you.'

He shook his head – why wasn't he surprised that he was already outside? 'I'll be there.'

He stood up quietly and peeked at Lily. She was in the same position she'd been when they'd fallen asleep, dead to the world. Smiling a little at her attire – a cute pair of pajamas with teddy bears – he put a light quilt over her and gently closed the door behind him before going to the front door.

Luhan looked like he'd been awake the entire night, dark circles prominent under his eyes and his hair standing on end. 'What's wrong?' Xiumin asked, leading him inside.

'Everything.' Luhan sighed heavily, then looked around for a place to sit. 'You haven't unpacked yet?'

'I was sort of busy with the shop.'

'Haven't you closed it down already?'

'I'm talking about the coffee shop – lots of workers coming and going, fixing up the machines and stuff. I usually only come up at night.'

'Yeah, I can see that. Eek!' Luhan jumped in the air, spying the cockroach crawling over the floor. 'Get it away!' He pushed Xiumin ahead. 'Kill it.'

Xiumin rolled his eyes and aimed a kick at it. Luhan stopped him. 'What if it flies back?'

'Geez, it's just a tiny critter.' Shaking his head again, Xiumin squeezed it under his shoe. 'Satisfied?' He kicked it away.

Luhan didn't reply and Xiumin turned to find him opening the door to his bedroom. 'What are you doing?' Xiumin went after him.

'I'm not sitting out here.' Luhan told him, pushing the door open. 'You don't even have the couch set up yet and… who's that?'

His eyes landed on the figure lying in the bed, her hair spread out over the pillow. A flash of understanding – or rather, misunderstanding – ran over his face as his eyes took in her bag and suitcase, then he closed the door, quietly stepping out. 'Sorry, my bad.'

Xiumin shook his head. 'She's only over for a couple of days.'

'Cool, that's cool.' He nodded empathically, his friendly I'm-okay-with-whatever-you-do-because-its-your-relationship-but-I'm-really-curious-about-it face firmly in place. 'We'll talk later then.'

Xiumin grabbed his neck, preventing him from making his escape. 'Let's go downstairs,' he suggested, 'there are plenty of chairs in the shop.'

'You sure? She won't mind?'

'Not at all.'

She would probably kill him for this but it was kind of fun seeing all the Legends treat him like some Kamasutra guru who'd tamed his mate in seconds.

……………………… 

A/N

So... I hope you guys are enjoying all the craziness going on :3 I certainly enjoyed writing it and stuff like this - Legends floating midair and Kai going on a -crazed rampage - is why I put in the 'crack' tag, haha :D

Oh and that little snippet of Xiumin's... yeah, that's another one of the numerous hints I've been dropping around :3 There's a lot more to this particular incident than I've written here but that's for another time. If you're curious... 

I want to restart the scenes from EXO's Journal thingie but unfortunately, I'm a bit pressed for time these days. Hopefully though, after my exams, I'll be able to and then, I'll write all the craziness I've planned haha

Well, that's all. I hope you'll enjoy how this pans out. Do comment and let me know. Thanks for reading :3

bye