Chapter 53

You Who Came From The Stars

'I'm sorry.'

'It's alright.'

'No, it's not.'

'Ya, come back already, he's heavy!!!'  

They were standing in the doorway and Suho was apologizing, as he'd been for the last ten minutes, about the terrible and abrupt ending to their first date. Angel patted his shoulder to tell him it really was okay – and to hurry back to his brothers/cousins. They had three unconscious guys in the car and it was obviously crowded, given that there were three conscious ones holding them. And Suho had refused to let anyone else sit shotgun.

'But it was our first date…' Angel suppressed a fond smile at his grouchy tone.

'I had a great time.' She reassured him. 'And besides, this is an emergency… I understand.'

'You're too good to me.' He told her, pulling her into a hug. She blushed, intensely aware of their avid audience.

'Hurry up already!' The guy sounded in pain and she was worried that it might be something serious so she started to push him away.

'Ignore him.' Suho whispered in her hair, tightening his arms. 'That's the least he can do after disturbing us…'

She was shy at first but then, she put her arms around him as well. They were saying goodbye after their date, of course they'd hug. Suho held her hands when they parted.  

'I won't be able to pick you from school tomorrow.' He told her, looking grave. 'Or any time before the funfair.'

'Is everything okay?' She didn't like the worry she felt through their link.

He smiled. 'Yeah… I have to go someplace and it's a little far, so…'

'You'll be okay?' She asked, concerned.

'I'll be fine.' He leaned down to kiss her, then smoothed the worried frown on her forehead with his hand. 'So don’t worry and think lots about me. I'll see you at the funfair.'

He started walking away while Angel stood, contemplating, already sad. She won't see him for a whole week – the funfair was on Friday and would last until Sunday night – that was too long. Not seeing him, she could take but not even hear his voice…

She ran after him and grabbed his hand. He turned around in surprise.

'Call me.' She told the ground, not looking at him and felt his smile. 'Okay.'

'Every day.' She whispered, feeling her face heat up. 'And before you leave.'

'Okay.' His smile was evident in his voice now. 'Anything else?'

Amused, so amused and cocky and enjoying her discomfort again.

He really needed to stop doing that, stop having so much fun at her expense. Especially after giving her terrible news about his absence and when she was so upset, already missing him.  

'Just…' she mumbled, deliberately keeping her voice low. As expected, he leaned closer. 'Hmm?'

She planted a quick kiss on his lips and dashed away, her face on fire but feeling triumphant at his surprise and discomfort… because now, he wanted to have his hands on her again. Good, now they were even. It was good thing Suho had been blocking the view because she wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise. She turned in at the door and smiled at him innocently before rushing inside and closing the door.

She leaned against it to catch her breath, waiting for her heart to slow down.

……………………

'How long are you going to stare at the door?' Chen smacked a hand on Suho's shoulder. Then, 'Aw man! Get a room!'

'Shut up!' Suho mumbled, mind still blown away by her parting kiss. She was getting bolder, wasn’t she? He hadn't expected her to do that and now… he wouldn’t be able to see her for an entire week. Why was that again? Oh yeah, Evil…

'Aish!' Running a hand through his hair in frustration, he turned to walk back to the car, ignoring the wolf whistle from Baekhyun.

'Are you sure you'll be alright, driving like that?' Chanyeol wiggled his brows. 'Wouldn't that be too hard?'

They burst into raucous laughter as Suho got into the car. He glared at them before starting it and easing out on the road.   

'Ah, stop it, don't mess with the guy!' Baekhyun waited until the other two shut up. 'He already got shafted!'

More laughter. Suho gripped the wheel, fast running out of patience. It was bad enough they had messed up his time with Angel but no one said he had to take their cracks. He stopped the car. 'You got a problem, get out!'

'Ya, no need to be so stiff!' Chen punched his arm, while the other two collapsed over the unconscious bodies. It was a good thing all of them were sitting in the back or Suho might've actually hit them. As it was, he angrily thumped the steering wheel before starting again.

They continued jabbering in the back seat and he was frankly surprised by the number of cracks they'd come up with. If he wasn't so frustrated, he might've been actually impressed by their admittedly dirty wit.

They stopped in front of the shop where Xiumin and D.O. were already waiting – having ridden back on Luhan's bike, which they'd found parked some distance from the --- park. Kris had taken Tao back and they'd left Sehun to deal with the girls.   

They carried Luhan to his room and Suho winced at wall behind his bed. No wonder he'd broken his knuckles. Xiumin glanced at it and sighed. 'He'll probably be at it again soon as he wakes up.'

'Probably…' Suho worried his bottom lip. 'Shouldn't he have settled down or something…?'

'You'll have to ask Kris.' Xiumin gave him a straight look. 'And while you're at it, you can also go over the plan again. We'll need to make changes.'

Suho was still staring at the wall, wondering exactly how angry one had to be to do that. 'What?'

'You realize we basically pinpointed our position for Evil if he's looking, don't you?' Xiumin motioned towards Luhan. 'With their mega fight and your constant surges, he'll have to be extremely stupid to miss.'

'Change of HQs?'

'That's a must. Would be better if we moved somewhere else altogether but…'

'Angel's here.' Suho muttered. 'And Mei… and Lily.'

'Yeah…'

They couldn't delay any longer.

He ignored the others when they drove back and shut himself up in his room soon as they got home. Angel… he had to protect her at all costs – find Evil and push him back before he got anywhere near her.  

He discussed the plan in detail with Kris and others and they went over the finer details – the areas to cover, signs to look out for etc. initially, they'd planned to wait until after the funfair but Xiumin was right, they'd all but announced their location. That's why he'd told Angel he wouldn't be seeing her this week – he'd spend that time making sure everything was okay and there was no immediate threat. Once that was done, he'd come back.

 Kris agreed with him. So they got the others – D.O., Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen – ready to leave at midnight. Then, he went back to his room and called Angel. She had made him promise and he was a man who kept his word.  

……………………

A/N

The beagle line and their dirty humor XD well, just a little bit of comic relief before the sadder parts. Do comment...

Also, I was kind of thinking, is this story good enough? Let me know ^^

Later then