Chapter 34

You Who Came From The Stars

A/N

            And here we finally have it :D MeiLu's first date... though the real life Mei hates me for this hehe :3 Anyway :3 I hope you enjoy this update because now we're reaching my favorite parts of the story, things are gonna happen and you wanna be there - trust me when I say hits the fan.. 

         Okay, on a more personal note. From the number of views, I gather  some of you have actually read the story so far... I'd really like to hear how you're taking the story. get a feel of how you're percieving it - otherwise, it feels like I'm striking in the dark. So, do comment. Just a 'great story, keep writing' or 'it seems interesting' or even 'please update' would be enough, give me a confidence boost, y'know? I'm not going to say I won't update until I get this many comments or anything but I will wait until I get at least a few *mostly because I'm busy but seriously people, comment*  If readers deserve regular updates, writers desreve some form of feedback. Please take that into consideration.

           And now, good bye to the seroius talk and let the fun times begin :3   

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mei was so nervous that when he texted her to come out – he'd come to pick her up at the dorm – she panicked. Tiffany, who'd come back from shopping, pushed her out of the door.

'After the mess you've created in here, the least you can do is go!' She told her.

She'd seen the stuff lying on the floor and Mei rather thought Tiffany really wanted to try the stuff Baekhyun and Chen had left behind – she'd been eyeing the chaps thoughtfully. Whatever the reason, Mei was glad because she really wanted to go.

She thanked her lucky stars that the rain had stopped – it was actually really pleasant now – then made her way downstairs and out of the dorm, not really sure what to expect. They were meeting after one whole week and for some reason, it seemed like a really, really long time.

So when her gaze landed on Luhan, leaning casually against his bike, his helmet under one arm and hair glinting in the fading sunlight, her heart gave a loud thud before it started racing.

He looked so cool and intimidating, his hair swept back and the glasses resting on his nose and… was that an earring? He looked like a model come to life. Had she ever really looked at him like that before? She didn't think so. Well, that wasn't exactly true – she had noticed he was good looking since it was kind of hard to skip over that part – but it just struck her again, really hard.

Luhan took off his glasses and broke into a huge welcoming grin. 'Hey soul mate!'

She smiled back, her heart melting at the familiar sight. 'Hey yourself.'

She walked slowly over to him, taking care to flip her hair over her shoulder – Tiffany had told her it was a y move and after seeing Luhan, she definitely wanted to show off her moves.

She wasn't sure whether to shake hands or high five or hug when she reached him though and apparently, he had no idea either. They settled for bumping shoulders when she leaned against the bike beside him.

'You look really nice.' She told him, wanting to erase the sudden tension.

'Aw, that was my line!' he pouted and just like that, they were at ease. She stuck her tongue out at him, he rolled his eyes at her antics. 'Fine, you look nicer than I do. Be warned though, this is the last time you'll hear this.'

'As if!' She hit his shoulder lightly. 'I always look nicer and you know it!'

'Whatever lets you sleep at night.' He muttered, bending over to the side to pick something. She took the moment to appreciate his perfect encased perfectly in jeans. He straightened and she hurriedly looked in the other direction, resisting the urge to whistle.

He lifted something over her head and whispered, sounding regretful. 'Your hair looks really nice, you know!'

She turned her head to thank him and he used that to put the helmet on her head, messing her carefully styled hair.

'Ya!' She slapped his hand away and tried to take it off. He wasn't done, though, deftly using his fingers to clip in under her chin.

'It took me hours to style it!' she whined, trying to push him away so she could take it off.

'Sorry but I'm not taking you anywhere without it!' He told her firmly, clipping it again since she'd loosened it. 'Stay still!'

She made her best puppy dog face, pouting, fluffing up her cheeks. 'Pretty please with cherries on top…' she squeaked. He rolled his eyes, unaffected. 'Nope. You're wearing it or we'll just walk there.'

She looked down at the high-heels she was wearing – taken out of the closet especially for this occasion and the thought of walking on the wet road – and accidentally stepping into a muddy puddle – with these beauties made her shudder.

'You're so evil!' she complained, before taking off the helmet. 'I'll put it on myself.' She finger-combed her hair, hopefully into some semblance of style before putting on the helmet and clipping it, loose enough so she could breath.

'Aw you look so cute!' He smiled, flicking her nose.  

'Shut up…' she muttered, embarrassed because he kept staring at her. 'Just drive already.'

'As you wish, my princess.' He bowed theatrically before swinging his leg over the bike. 'Hop on!' He nodded at the back seat, obviously expecting her to sit like him – swinging her legs like a monkey and jumping onboard. Gah, she hated bikes.

She sniffed disdainfully. Where she came from, women were more delicate. She arranged herself in a graceful side-saddle, crossing her ankles and wrapping her arm around his stomach. Ooh, are those abs I feel? Yup, they definitely were.

Luhan looked back at her and laughed at her prim pose. It seemed so out of character. 'Princess, you'll fall down! Sit properly.'

'This is proper.' She told him snobbishly. 'Are you going to drive or what?'

'Why do I suddenly feel like a coach master instead of a knight?' he asked her, facing forward.

Truth was, he'd been looking forward to have her sit behind him – she could wrap her arms around him properly and lean to shout in his ear as they drove and they'd have a perfect intimate moment so early in the date… guess, he'd have to skip on that now.

Sighing, he kicked the bike to life and started cruising slowly, careful not to splash any puddles. He discovered that her princess pose wasn’t so bad after all – the one arm she had wrapped around him was secure in its hold and she used her other one to adjust herself from time to time – touching him in the process and well, how could he mind that? And it wasn't like it was stopping her from talking – they chattered most of the way, occasionally screaming to be heard over the wind. 'How was your test?' He yelled at one point.

'Ya, don't spoil this already!' She screamed back. 'We won't talk about studies for now!'

'Okay! Where do you wanna go?' He asked again, speaking more normally now that they were nearing the city center, slowing down due to traffic.

'Where did you plan to go?' she asked, looking around.

'Um… I thought maybe… karaoke?'

'Oh, karaoke's cool!' She thumped his back. 'Just make sure the place has a restroom.'

'It does… why?' He thought maybe she was scared of bikes and needed to pee. It wasn't his first priority either but Suho had plans of his own and had flat out refused to lend his car.

'Because my hair's all destroyed!' she whined in his ear. 'How could you do this to me?'

'I'm sorry.' He muttered, cursing Suho and his stupid plans.

They stopped in front of the karaoke bar – which was inside a gaming arena – a place he frequented with his friends. He'd figured they would have some downtime here and enjoy themselves before getting dinner. He'd make that romantic and stuff. Lily thought it was a cool idea, so it should be okay.

He got off, then offered his hand. She took it, looking very prissy as she delicately jumped off and immediately started struggling with her helmet. He laughed. 'Let me get that. You'll choke yourself.'

She stood still as he unclipped it. Her hair tumbled out in a messy array, looking ily mussed. She pouted. 'I look terrible.'

'Not at all.' He told her sincerely, his hands itching to comb through it as her own were doing to style it.

'I don't believe it.' She told him. He smiled and grabbed her hand. 'Come on!'

She went to the ladies room while he brought two tickets for all the games in there. They'd do whatever she liked and he'd give the rest to Sehun and Tao. When she returned, he took her to the karaoke bar. It was a Saturday, so it was getting crowded. Thankfully, though, they didn’t have to wait long and then, he discovered their shared passion for singing.

She had good voice too, and they did some really cool duets. Then, they started competing with each other and he finally beat her – only because his high note lasted longer.

'Soccer practice.' He told her as they rested afterwards. 'You can't beat me in stamina.'

'Whatever.' She poked her tongue out intelligently, ever the sore loser. 'You only won because it was a guy song.' She accused. 'Bet you can't win on a girl song!'

'Oh, is that a challenge?' he raised his eyebrows.

'Yeah.'

'Accepted.'

They chose Beyoncé's Halo for the next and started singing. He let her win this time, enjoying her excitement.

'I told you I could beat you!' She air-punched her fist excitedly. 'Haha, beat that Mr. Stamina!'

'So I was wrong.' He hung his head in mock shame. 'Well, what should we do next?' Their time in the bar was over.

'What else is there?'

They went for an intense match of laser-tag, ruthlessly attacking and generally following the 'every man for himself' rule. They joined up with another couple for air hockey – them versus the others. They slaughtered them, high-fiving when they won. Then, she spied the bowling area and insisted they go there. 'You'll have to take off the heels.' He told her.

She looked at her feet thoughtfully, then smiled. 'I don't mind.'

They got the shoes and waited for their turn. She was really excited and threw the ball, knocking five pins in the first go. She jumped with a whoop, then ran back for another shot. The second made it a strike. 'I'm rocking!' she called over her shoulder happily, then bent over.

Luhan was enjoying the view – she had to have the cutest on the planet – but then he saw the guys around him eyeing her. A jealous wave of possessiveness came over him and he hurried over to her, placing his arm around her waist. She straightened in surprise. 'What?'

'I'm thirsty.' He told her, deliberately leaning close to whisper in her ear, pulling her in a little closer. 'How about we grab some drinks? We can come back later.'

She was blushing, probably because he was all but hugging her but she nodded. 'Okay, good idea. Let's go.'

He didn't remove his hand when she started towards the counter to get her shoes; he crossed his arms and stared down at the guy behind it since he'd been checking her out as well.

Maybe his eyes flashed or the guy heard the low snarl that escaped his lips but he gulped and hurriedly bent to pick her heels. 'Here you go, ma'am.' He kept his eyes away from her as he placed them on the counter and that was the smartest thing he could do. Luhan picked them up for her, put his hand back on her waist and smiled. 'Let's get out of here.'

She smiled back, oblivious. 'Sure.'

…………………

The date was perfect.

She'd had her doubts about the bike – still did actually, she hated bikes – but everything else was going perfectly. She was having fun and he had eyes for no one but her. The possessive way he kept his arm around her made her feel all warm and fuzzy – especially since she'd seen the envious looks she was garnering from other girls. That's right, she thought proudly, that's my man!

They grabbed a couple of drinks and walked around, holding hands and chattering. Luhan laughed when her stomach gave a loud grumble. 'Guess someone's hungry.'

'Whatever.' She muttered. She'd been too nervous to eat anything, skipping breakfast and lunch and it was now taking its toll and she was getting rather irritable.  

'Hey I was talking about myself.' Luhan told her, then dragged her towards the exit. 'Come on, let's eat.'

They went to a restaurant across the street and slipped into a secluded corner. Instead of sitting in front of her, Luhan slid in right beside her, their thighs brushing against each other. When she looked up at him, he smiled innocently. 'What should we get?'

He placed his chin on her shoulder on the premise of leaning over to look at the menu; there was no excuse for him grabbing her waist and she giggled at his obvious attempts. 'What?' He blinked at her, innocence dripping on his face.

'Let go of me.' She tried to move him but he leaned in to settle more securely against her.

'Can't, I'm too tired!' he pouted, then pulled her in so that their faces were barely an inch apart. 'Besides, I don't want to.' He whispered, suddenly serious.

She felt heat rising on her face as he moved to close the distance. Her eyes shuttered close as she waited for him to finally kiss her.

The discreet cough behind them made her straighten in a hurry. Luhan obviously didn't care but since she was pushing him back, he straightened reluctantly, glaring at the waiter.

'What?' he asked aggressively. She slapped his leg; rolling his eyes, Luhan looked at the menu. 'What should we order?'

'Um… how about this?' she pointed at a dish. He didn't look. 'Cool. I'll have that as well.'

'Sure?'

'Yeah.' He gave her a sweet smile. 'Should we add some appetizers as well?'

'Um... okay.' He turned a little to place their order, his arm reluctantly leaving her waist to rest behind her. She just sat there, admiring his profile and didn't hear a word.

 'We'll order dessert later. Is that okay?' he turned to smile at her and she started. 'Yeah, okay.' When the waiter left, he didn't try to kiss her again and for that she was a little sad but this wasn't the end. They talked instead, not stopping when the waiter placed the appetizers and left. Luhan, resting his cheek on his hand, turned to face her, occasionally lifting his arm to tuck her hair back and not eating himself but just watching her. She felt uncomfortable, so she stuffed some food in his mouth. 'Try this!'

'Hey, be gentle.' He told her, straightening. 'If you want to feed me, do it gently.'

'As if!' she pffted. 'Feed yourself.'

'I was wrong, you're not cute at all.' He muttered, then put some food in his plate.

Mei knew he was joking – he wasn’t being mean at all – but for some reason, his words upset her. She'd put in so much effort for him and he was telling her she wasn't cute. He hadn't tried to kiss her again. Was it because she didn’t eat cutely?

'You okay?' He asked, concerned because she was just staring at her plate.

'Fine.' She muttered, dismissing the thought. 'Hey, the funfair's coming up. I heard it's pretty cool.'

'Oh yeah, it is. People come up with really ingenious stalls. Last year, there was this crazy girl who…'

They were immersed in talking again. They ordered ice-creams for dessert and started talking again, more relaxed now because everything had gone so smoothly.

'We should do this again.' She told him, shamelessly asking for another date. 'Soon.'

'Totally. Hey, how about we go to the funfair together?'

'Really? That'd be cool.'

Luhan sighed, leaning his head on the table. 'You know, I was so nervous about today…'

'That's only fair.' She leaned as well, facing him. 'I was so nervous as well. Though I don't know why, it's just us.'

'I know right, it's us!' Luhan smiled happily. 'What could go wrong?' 

A lot, as it turned out.

…………………………