Chapter 37

You Who Came From The Stars

'Eat something.' Tiffany coaxed.

'No.' Sniffled reply.

'Some juice, then.' Suggestion.  

'No.' Same answer.

'At least answer your phone.' It had been ringing all morning and was frankly getting on her nerves.

'No!' Mei sat up in anger, her eyes puffed up because of her crying sprees and her face a blotched mess. 'I don't want to talk to anyone.' Huffing, she rolled her blanket over her head and slumped back. 'Go away! Take the phone with you and tell them I'm not talking to anyone. Let me cry in peace!' she started sniffling again.

'Seriously.' Tiffany rolled her eyes, tired of the tantrum. Mei was being such a bratty crybaby – and that over a stupid fight. It wasn't the end of the world and the more Tiffany thought about it, the more it seemed like Mei was overreacting.

Still, she couldn't very well take the guy's side when her friend was such a mess. Overreaction or not, Luhan had no right to call her 'easy' – that was such a jerk move. Especially when it was Mei – she was friendly and easy to talk to and an unintentional flirt but she was also more loyal than anyone Tiffany knew. She'd rather die than cheat on her guy and would never lead anyone on purposely. So Luhan should have more trust in her.

Tiffany sat on her bed, trying to concentrate on her studies and ignore Mei's occasional sobs. When Mei's cellphone rang this time, Tiffany answered, not checking the caller Id.

'Ya, I've been calling all morning, why didn’t you answer?' The guy on the other side sounded irate.

'Maybe because she didn't want to talk to anyone?' Tiffany suggested sarcastically, irritated by his rudeness. 'Get a hint, won't you?'

'Who the hell is this?' If anything, he sounded even ruder. Tiffany had spent a restless night, comforting Mei and hearing her cry and now she had to study because her assignment was due on Monday and she hadn't even started. She had no patience for rude guys right now.

'I should be asking that.' She told him coolly. 'Since you're the one who's calling.'

'Why should I tell you?'

'Don't.' Tiffany hung up. She glanced at Mei – she looked like she might've fallen asleep. If so, that was good. The phone rang again.

'Don't just hang up, that's rude!' The guy was back, annoyed and grating on her nerves.

'So is repeatedly calling someone who doesn’t want to talk. Quit doing that.'

'You give the phone to Mei.' He commanded.

'No can do.' She replied. 'She's sleeping.'

'Wake her up, then!' he sounded aghast.

'Seriously? What is she, your slave?' She quizzed. 'Not waking her up, not until she's ready to get out herself. Stop calling already.'

'Look whoever you are, I don't want to talk to you.'

'The feeling's mutual.' She snapped. 'If and when she wakes up, she'll check her phone and see you called. Now go away and do Satan's bidding or whatever it is that passes your time.'

'Excuse me?' He sputtered in outrage.

'Excused.' She hung up again. Then put it on silent mode and started reading the material that would hopefully help her complete her assignment.  

……………………..

Sehun stared at his cellphone as if it could explain what had just happened.

'What's wrong?' Tao asked, spying his shocked face.

'Some rude chick answered the phone.' Sehun told him.

'Don't call random numbers, then.' Tao advised, putting on his shoes. 'I thought you quit doing that.'

'I did.' Sehun replied, irritated. He threw a pillow at Tao's head – he knocked it away before it hit him. 'I was calling Mei.'

'You shouldn't call her a rude chick, that's even ruder.' Tao reprimanded. Sometimes, he turned into a regular big brother.

'It wasn't Mei.' Sehun slumped back on his bed. 'Someone else answered her phone.'

'Her roommate?' Tao asked.

'Probably.' Sehun shuddered, remembering her icy waspish replies, then looked at Tao. 'Ya, you're a really nice roomie, you know?'

'Thanks. You're…' Tao looked at the way his stuff was thrown in one corner, the socks that were littering the floor and how he was using Tao's pillow as footrest. 'Ya, is that my pillow?'

Sehun glanced down. 'Oh, it's yours?' He kicked it towards Tao. 'Sorry, my bad.'

'You're not a good roomie.' Tao snapped, trying to clean his pillow of whatever germs covered Sehun's feet. 'I put my head on this!' he cried, distressed.

'Geez, take a chill pill.' Sehun huffed, getting up. 'It's washable.'

'That's not the point… and what's my panda doing under your …' Sehun didn't stop to hear Tao's tirade. Let Suho deal with that; instead he headed towards the kitchen, wanting to grab a bite.

He saw D.O. stepping out of Kai's room, looking serious. 'Why isn't he coming out?' He asked.

Kai hadn't come out for breakfast. Since he was usually a heavy sleeper, they all thought he might've been sleeping. But after seeing Luhan's condition, D.O was worried – fights or not, they were still Shadows, so it was likely that Kai was affected as well.

'He's depressed.' D.O replied. 'But I convinced him to come out.'

'Cool.'

Sehun was curious – not as much as Baekhyun, Chanyeol or Chen but he was curious to know what had happened. Luhan had gone straight upstairs and Kai had shut himself inside his room when they came home. So he'd called Mei in hopes that she might tell him what was going on.

He was worried too – had Luhan done something terrible? Or was Mei a horrible girlfriend? Or were they fighting because she'd decided to pick Kai? He still wasn't sure who he should support in this scenario – both of them were really close to him. Maybe he should ditch Mei… but that would be even worse, wouldn't it? She was also a friend and the only person who willingly showed her papers. She must be going through a hard time as well, right???

Grown up matters were so confusing sometimes. That's why he liked being a cub where everyone pampered him.

'Feed me!!!' He whined as soon as he stepped in the kitchen and slumped in the chair. In moments, there was fresh food in front of him.

Yeah, he liked being a cub.

…………………