Chapter 82

You Who Came From The Stars

Kai saw the bunch of guys surrounding Mei in a distance and smacked his head. 'I told them the plan was off!' he muttered under his breath.

'Ya, I don't care if it’s a plan, they're getting too close!' Luhan growled next to him, bristling and obviously eager to get going. 'Touching wasn't part of the plan!'

Then, 'Call them right now and tell them to back the hell off!' 

'Tell who to back the hell off?' Baekhyun suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Kai and Luhan stared at him; he stared back innocently. 'Who?'

'If you're here…' He was a master illusionist after all, this could be a trick.

'Of course I'm here!' Baekhyun replied indignantly. 'Ask them!' He pointed towards Chen, Chanyeol and D.O. who'd appeared, like him, out of nowhere. 

'Yes he is!' Chen nodded empathically.

'If they’re here…' Luhan's eyes widened and he turned to look back at the road.

'Who the hell are they?' Kai completed, staring at them. One of the guys pushed Mei's shoulder rather harshly, making her stumble. Luhan's temper spiked, the emotion roiling through their recently reopened link.

'Hey don't…' Luhan tore after the group like a bullet. 'Rush.' Kai finished lamely, then sighed. 'Who the hell are those guys?'

'Oh, I think they're part of that xxx gang – showed up today and have been going around, creating fuss all over the place.' Chanyeol surmised casually. 'That mark over their coats is the gang logo.'

'And this, children…' Baekhyun added sagely, 'is why you should study hard in college. So you don't end up in a gang like him.' he pointed at Tao who'd just shown up. Tao glared at him. 'What?'

'What?' Baekhyun imitated him. 'See how ill-mannered he is?'

'Who are you even talking to?' Tao demanded.

'The audience!' He winked in the distance, striking a pose. 

Kai shook his head, then started following after Luhan. He was pretty confident Luhan didn't need his help but he'd stay close, just in case.

…………………… 

Sehun was having a lot of fun. Because Tiffany was annoyed to hell and it was all because of him. Victory had never tasted so sweet.

'Get the hell away from me!'

'Who's coming near you?'

'You're so rude!'

'Thank you, I do try!'

'Argh! I'm not talking to you anymore!'

'Oh, we were talking? I was under the impression you'd stopped talking to me twenty minutes ago!'

'Just leave me alone!' Stamping her foot in frustration – then yelping when pain bolted through her as a result – Tiffany tried to march off. Only to stumble because Sehun had grabbed her crutch.

'What?' She snapped.

'You really don't know how to take care of yourself.' Sehun shook his head in mock pity, totally enjoying the way her lips pursed in irritation. Ah, this face just begged to be teased even more. And her hair…

'Stop doing that!' She yelled at him, trying to keep her skirt from blowing up and failing, once again, to protect her hair. It blew into her eyes, stuck to her lips and while she was trying to spit it out, blew into her eyes again.

Oh yeah, Sehun was having a lot of fun. He smiled down at her innocently. 'Stop doing what?' 

She glared at him. He smirked. 'Stop the wind? That's beyond…'

'Shut up, just… ugh!' her hair aggressively – as she'd been doing ever since Sehun had joined up with her – she started hobbling towards the exit. He strode next to her easily and watched in fascination as she bit her plump lower lip, looking irritated and absolutely gorgeous.

'Where are you going now?' he asked her, not really curious. Mei had been separated and his part was done. He could have his fun and Tiffany aka the Crazy Wasp was the perfect target.

'Somewhere without you!' She retorted, glancing over her shoulder to glare at him and stumbled, bumping into someone else.

'Wah!!!' Her arms wind milled as she tried to maintain her balance; Sehun waited until the last second, grabbing her only when she fell. Breath whooshed out of her and she grabbed his shoulder for support, their faces mere inches apart. He smirked at her flushed face, straightening when she hurriedly pushed him away.

'Don't follow me!' She told him, still flushing, before heading towards the exit.

'Who's following?' He stepped right beside her. She cast him a dirty look but didn’t comment and Sehun strode with all the peace of mind of one who'd perpetrated trouble and succeeded beautifully.

……………………

This is getting ridiculous, Mei thought as the guys surrounded her from all sides, ostensibly to corner her.

Lucky for her, she wasn't so easily intimidated. She stamped on the foot of the guy nearest to her, smashing her heel and making sure it landed on the right spot.

While he was busy yelping, she threw her rather hefty bag into his face – good thing there wasn't anything important in there – and made a run for it. The group behind her yelled and started chasing after her. Even though she was in heels, she was quite fast; she had been a track star in high school, after all.

The ridiculous thing, however, wasn’t that there were a bunch of guys chasing after her. No, the ridiculous thing was that their leader – an otherwise good looking guy – was hell-bent on stealing her kiss.

She'd promised herself that she would never ever ever ever ever raised to the power infinity give her first kiss to anyone but The One – and yes, it was a proper noun. Her One was the perfect guy, her knight in shining armor, her best friend and the only person she would let herself get physical with.

But did anybody have any respect for her thoughts? No.

And did they stop trying to steal her kiss? Hell to the no.

First, Kai had to go and accidentally kiss her. That… she could forgive but only because it was Kai and he'd sincerely apologized and she knew that his intentions had been pure. Beside, it'd been just a tiniest brush – like the sort she sometimes gave Tiffany when they were messing around or meeting after a long time. So, while it was not acceptable – never that – but it was forgivable.

And now, there was this two bit bucko with a smooth tongue who thought he could just show up and steal her kiss. Not happening.

Ugh, she was regretting putting on lip-gloss. Being the most kissable person around – and that was her class's opinion who'd voted for her – was obviously no joke. She wished, for the nth time since those leeches had shown up, that she'd won in another, less kissy category. She wouldn't be in this dilemma right now.

The dilemma being the cracking of her precious heels – a second pair in as many weeks. She stopped, hopping around and trying to regain her balance so she could sprint some more. Because obviously, the word 'no' didn’t exist in those idiots' vocabulary.

And where the hell was her One right now? Shouldn't he have appeared by now, saving her damsel in distress from those Eve teasing bastards?

Her thoughts were interrupted when a huge hand landed on her shoulder. She tried to quickly duck away but they were obviously expecting her to react this way and an arm wrapped around her stomach, pulling her into one of those all brawn and obviously no brain idiots' body. 'Keep still.'

'Stop moving and let the boss kiss you!' Another bucko growled, then let out a stupid laugh, others joining in. She struggled, stamped her broken heel onto his foot and in general, created as much of a ruckus as she could, hoping some passerby – and her inexplicably delayed The One – would help her.

The boss stepped forth and smiled cockily down at her. 'You've got fire, I like that.'

'I have a lot more than just that.' She smiled sweetly. 'Why don't come a little closer and let me demonstrate?' Her fingers clawed threateningly.

'Ooh, feisty!' Biting his lip and miserably failing to look y while doing it – he just looked like a desperate, fool – he stepped closer and leaned down. BIG mistake.

'Ouch! What the hell???' He squealed, jumping away. She smirked at the bright red marks on his face. '!' He raised his hand to slap her.

Her eyes closed, expecting the painful sting. Instead, there was an almighty thud; then, a jerk and the loud crack of bones hitting bones as the arms holding her loosened. Another thud and multiple yelps of pain before she was forcefully yanked into another, familiar and very welcome body.

Her arms found their way around his waist and she opened her eyes to look up at the face of her One – Luhan. His teeth were bared threateningly as he growled low in his throat and his arm was wrapped around her possessively.

'Mine!' he snarled, arms tightening painfully.

'L...Luhan…' she whispered, unable to breathe but even more unwilling to be parted. 

Mei was too awestruck by the beautiful vision in front of her to care about her surroundings, so she missed the way the group was pressed into ground, as if a giant invisible hand was squeezing them down.

…………………………….

Luhan had only one rational thought in his head – protect Mei.

His surroundings blurred as he shot like a bullet towards the group that had dared to lay their dirty, soon to be broken fingers on his mate. His vision reddened as the beast took over.

Before he could reach her, though, she managed to break free and make a run for it. The group started chasing after her and his instincts, already on high alert, screamed. With an immense burst of strength, he quickened his pace even more.

They'd captured her and…

Oh no you don't!

Luhan punched the guy so hard, he flew through the air to land in a crumpled heap several feet away. To even think of laying a hand on her beautiful skin? He'd tear them to shreds with his bare hands.

He glared at the man whose arms were wrapped around Mei. The guy gulped as he saw Luhan's face and tried to back off, put Mei in between them. Luhan was having none of that, however. He hit him with a telekinetic blow that would make him ache for days, then punched his nose, satisfied when he heard the bones crunch.

Still enraged, he attacked the others who were trying to sneak away and beat the crap out of them.

As they scampered across the road, trying to run away, Luhan pulled Mei into his body, his arm wrapping around her in a possessive hold as he snarled threateningly.

His heart was thudding hard as possessiveness raged through him. His arms tightened even more. To dare to touch his mate? Dare to try and harm her?

'Mine!' He spat at the group who were trying in vain to revive their fallen leader.

'L…Luhan!'

Her voice seemed to come from underwater but it was music to his ears. She was alright, thank goodness. Now he wouldn't kill them; he used his power instead to crush them like ants. His teeth bared even more at the sight of their squirming bodies. They were lucky that Mei was with him now or…

'Luhan!' She gasped again, her fist hitting his arm. 'Can't breathe!'

He blinked, unsure if he'd heard her correctly. Then realized that his arm was squeezing her into his side, and loosened his hold a bit, not ready to let go just yet.

She let out a relieved sigh, leaning her head against his arm. Then hurriedly straightened, as if just remembering that they were fighting and she hadn't forgiven him yet. 

Well, he didn't care anymore. Whether she was willing to give him a second chance or not, he was going to stick to her like an extra limb. She would have to learn to deal with it.

He ignored her not so subtle attempts to slip out of his arms and put his other hand on her waist as well, holding her in place as he gazed into her eyes.

‘Honestly, I was going to beg you to give me another chance,’ he told her, ‘but you know what? I don’t care. I’m going to keep chasing after you even if you don’t. So…’

‘Fine!’ She rolled her eyes, stalling him. ‘You can have your ‘second chance’.’ He could hear the quotation marks in her tone. A small smile flitted across her lips before she forced it back.

Luhan stared at her in disbelief. ‘Excuse me?’ Was she really telling him that she was forgiving him? Just like that?

She didn’t meet his eyes, staring instead at his chest as she continued. ‘It’s not like I have much of a choice, now do I?’ A tiny peek up at him from beneath her lashes, a shy smile. ‘Since you’re my soul mate and all.’

A similar smile bloomed across his face, joy spreading through him. ‘I am, aren’t I?’

She looked up then and their eyes met, held for an infinite moment. He felt himself drowning into them, the dark orbs as depthless as the space he’d come from, as bright as the star he’d lived on.

He knew, in that moment of utmost clarity, that this was the reason they’d uprooted from the Exo planet and travelled to this new galaxy, this Earth that felt like home. Because his home was here. With her.

Unknowingly, his head leaned down, closing that little distance between them. Because they’d been apart for too long, too many foolish things coming between them and now was the time that he finally laid claim to her, as she had claimed him heart and soul and…

‘!’ He cursed loudly.

She blinked, looking rather dazed, then annoyance flitted across her face as his curse registered. 

‘Well excuse me!’ she huffed, then squeaked as he pushed her behind him, whirling around to glare at the culprits.

The guy he’d knocked unconscious was holding a small rock in his hand, similar to the one that had already hit Luhan’s head. He yelped and dropped it when Luhan took a threatening step closer, scampering away with his gang in tow.

‘This isn’t the end!’ He screamed from the distance. ‘I will get my revenge on you, I swear it on the blood of the xxx gang!!! You shall feel our wrath!!!!’

Luhan stared disdainfully as they all but pissed in their pants in their rush to escape him. Their sheer stupidity was giving him a headache.

Oh wait, it was the rock.

‘Ouch!’ He winced as he explored the sore spot. Then blinked in surprise as Mei started fussing over him, obviously flustered.

‘Ohmygod, they hit you!’ Her hands flitted over his face in nervous butterfly touches. ‘Does it hurt?’ she asked him, her big brown eyes getting teary even at the thought, then smacked her own head. ‘What am I saying, of course it hurts! Argh, what should I do?!?!’

He watched with amusement as she paced around him nervously, trying not to panic as she tried to figure out what she should do. Her unsure hands landed all over his shoulders, his face, his head, even his hands as she tried to comfort him but didn’t dare put any force behind it. As if he was suddenly fragile.

She was so… unexpectedly sweet. He chuckled as her fingers landed on his cheek in another barely there touch and immediately tried to pull away. He put his hand around hers, holding her there. Her troubled gaze met his.

‘You’re laughing?’ She blinked in surprise, then yanked her hand away, banging it weakly against his chest.

‘You jerk!’ She shrilled, turning away as tears filled her eyes. Laughing, he pulled her back in, hugging her close. She sniffed against his chest.

‘How could you make me worry like that? I thought… I thought…some…thing…terrible…’ Unable to continue through the hiccups, she started sniffling. Unable to wipe the smile off his face – he found that he liked having her fuss all over him – he squeezed her into a bear hug.

‘I’m sorry.’ He whispered earnestly. ‘For everything.’

‘Jerk.’ She muttered, trying to blink the tears away. He wiped them away as he held her face and stared down at her.

‘You still love me.’ He told her, drinking in the sight of her beautiful face like a man starving. She blushed at the intensity of his gaze.

‘I don’t love you!’ she declared, breaking eye contact and trying to get away. He smirked. ‘Oh? So you cry like that for just…?’

‘Oh shut up!’ She grumbled, fingers playing with his shirt. Then met his eyes, face red. ‘Fine, I love you.’ Then lifted a hand to stall the huge, silly grin breaking over his face. ‘But only a little.’

‘Only a little?’ He pouted, leaning closer. She lifted her chin defiantly. ‘Just a teensy tiny bit more than that…’

‘That’s enough for me!’ He whispered, closing the distance between them, finally merging their lips together.

A bolt of electricity shot through him and he felt power flood into his body, almost uncontrollable as the third root – finally – found its way home.

………………………

Mei’s eyes slid shut as his lips finally closed over hers in the sweetest kiss imaginable.

This, she sighed, is heaven!

It was totally worth waiting for and skipping ‘make out in high school’ on her checklist because no highschooler could ever come close to him.

There were butterflies in her tummy, her heart was thudding hard and she had no idea where she should place her hands. They traced over his shoulders, up his neck and back down to his chest. 

His heart beat hard underneath her fingers – too hard – and he suddenly squeezed her. Her eyes flashed open to gaze into his glowing red ones – what…? – but she didn’t have any time to process as he suddenly deepened the kiss, pulling her flush against him. 

Her hands found purchase around his neck and her knees weakened to goo-like consistency as one of his hand s into her hair, the other trailing down to the small of her back. If it had been heaven before, she had no idea what this was.

Except too much for her heart.

It was beating so hard, even harder than it had before and their combined heartbeats resonated with such force that it seemed to tear through her soul, connecting them on a level that was beyond physical.

She was suddenly flooded with an insane desire that meshed so completely with her own and was, at the same time, completely different. More basal. Animalistic. Intense.

His.  

Mine!

The thought wasn't hers either…

And yet, it was.

Luhan was hers and no one else's – just like she was his.

They belonged.

When they finally parted, the need to breathe too much to let them continue, they stared at each other, panting, still holding on to each other and completely unwilling to let go. There was a dim crash somewhere behind her but she didn't pay attention to it.

Because he was looking at her with that intense, possessive look in his eyes and the butterflies in her tummy that had settled sometime during their kiss rapidly started rioting again. For some reason, she was suddenly overcome with shyness.

Blushing, she hung her head down, trying to disengage her arms around his neck. He chuckled at her antics, then pulled her close once again. She didn't have the courage to look up at him – if he still had that look in his eyes, she'd probably swoon.

'Hey, look at me!'  

He chucked her under her chin but she shook her head, not meeting his eyes. No way, thank you. She valued her heart and it had taken enough stress for the day.

'Don't you love me?' She knew he was pouting, amusement coating every word. Of course he was amused. He'd managed to drag a confession out of her, hadn't he? Like an idiot, she'd gone and broken her own rules and she couldn't blame anyone now if he went and turned into a cocky bastard. Manipulative jerk.  

Laughing as if he could hear her thoughts, he leaned close to her ear. 'Just so you know…' he spoke softly, making shivers run down her spine. 'I love you too.'

She turned her head in surprise. Was he being serious?

But of course, he'd manipulated her again and her knees weakened at the sudden kiss he planted on . 'Just teensy tiny bit more than a lot.' He completed with a smirk.

…………………………….

A/N

Manly Cheeseball :')