Chapter 70

You Who Came From The Stars

Not again, Suho groaned, completely unwilling to unwrap himself from around Angel.

They were hiding behind the large, lonesome tree at the edge of the field – away from the hustle and bustle of the funfair, only a few people coming and going to the stalls around here. He'd been leaning over her, arms on the trunk as he kissed her, like he'd envisioned, tracing his lips over the healing marks. Things had fast escalated because he couldn't keep his mouth in check and it kept wandering over to her lips.

And then, he gave that up entirely, pulling her up and holding her flush against him as they made out. He'd finally gotten his senses back enough… or not, depending on how you looked at it, but he'd decided the scar around her neck needed his immediate attention.

And he'd almost put his lips on her delectable neck when he'd felt the shock.

What was with his brothers and their ill timing? It was uncanny how they always interrupted him just when he was getting to the good parts.  

Resisting the urge to whine and stamp his foot, he rubbed a hand across his face in frustration. Wondered if he should call Kris and let him handle it. Then sighed because he was the leader and technically, it was his duty.

Wondering what the hell had pissed Luhan off this time – because Kai was back at the HQs and none of the others had this much power – he reluctantly backed off and stared down at Angel, tucking her hair behind her ears. Placed a quick kiss on her lips just because she was so cute, then grabbed her hand, wondering where he should leave her. He was pretty sure the Legends would be careful because there were people around but he had no intentions of leaving her unprotected for even a second.

Just then, Lay emerged from one stall, wearing Mickey Mouse ears, looking grave. He caught Suho's eye, saw Angel and ran towards them. 'Hello.' He greeted Angel cheerfully, then placed a hand on her head. 'Sorry about this.'

Angel looked at him quizzically, then yawned and blinked and Suho gently picked her up as her head lolled, asleep. Nodding his thanks, because by now Tao had frozen everything and if Angel was awake, she'd definitely wonder what was going on. He placed her in the same stall Lay had come from, made sure she was perfectly comfortable, then pushed the curtains back in place and started running towards the commotion.

Barely avoided D.O. as he flew through the air and landed on his back, groaning. Luhan, eyes red and blinded, snarled at the others, who were trying to get him away from the stalls and into the open field. Tao was holding up everything that was getting thrown about in midair while Chanyeol tried to sneak up on Luhan from behind.

Luhan turned and blasted at him – Chanyeol rolled and barely got out of the way in time. Baekhyun's hands were starting to glow brightly and then, he shot a beam of bright light straight into his eyes when Luhan turned to snap at him. He howled, hands covering his eyes.

Sehun took the chance to tackle him to the ground, then sat on top of him, trying to hold him down. Chanyeol, like the genius he was, suggested they all pile on top of him, rugby style and Chen and Baekhyun needed no further encouragement.

Sehun groaned in pain as the three landed on him, knocking his breath out but Luhan was completely buried under them. 'Knock him out please!' Tao begged, getting tired of holding everything that was blasting away but before they had the chance, Luhan got back to his senses, and the four on top him flew like debris on a volcano as it bursts. Tao groaned a little, holding them up in the air as well, then gulped as Luhan's eyes landed on him.

Lay, who'd been leaning over D.O., checking him, tapped Suho's shoulder. 'Distract him.'

Suho nodded, gathering water in the air and hitting him forcefully. Luhan's shield, back in place, didn't let it hit but it gained his attention. He turned to Suho.

And stopped, the beast in him sensing the alpha's presence. He growled low in his throat, locking his feet in place defiantly. Suho approached him slowly, giving him time to settle down and lower his shield – expose his throat to accede defeat, as it were. Luhan kept staring at him for some time and Suho stared back calmly, waiting. Then Luhan lowered the shield that was pushing everything away from him.

Lay, who'd made his way to Luhan's back and had been waiting patiently, immediately grabbed his head, his fingers digging into his hair and then, Luhan's eyes rolled as he collapsed.

………………………

'Mei, please stop!'

'Go away!'

'I'm sorry, I thought…'

'I said go away! Leave me alone!!!'

'Please…'

They were running, Mei ahead and Tiffany huffing in her efforts to keep up with her. Her ankle, which had twisted when she'd fallen, was throbbing like crazy but she ignored it as she tried to follow Mei, who was rushing ahead, uncaring who or what she bumped into and Tiffany was afraid she might get seriously hurt.

There was also the terrible guilt she was feeling because she'd basically forced her friend into this terrible situation. If she hadn't cooked this stupid plan to get Mei her second date…

It didn't matter that she'd been doing it to make Mei feel better and stop her tears. Luhan had turned out to be a bigger jerk than she'd thought possible and now, she had to take responsibility for her actions and do something to make it up to her friend.

Of course, said friend was truly pissed off at her and when she finally grabbed onto Mei's arm, she pushed her away roughly.

'Let me be! Please Tiff, just leave me alone!!!'

Tiffany stumbled, the sheer anger and hurt in Mei's voice rooting her to the spot. She stood staring after Mei for a long time, not sure what she was feeling. Her chest was hurting though, even worse than her ankle and she stared in some shock at her fingers as they came away wet when she pushed her hair out of her face.

I'm crying? She wondered in a detached way, then uttered a slightly crazed laugh.

She hadn't cried all those time she'd been dumped or stood up on dates or made fun of or called dirty names because what the hell, no one could appreciate the awesomeness that was Tiffany.

But hurting Mei, the one person who accepted her with all her flaws without judging, had achieved what all that hadn't. It didn't matter that it was unintentional or that she'd done everything in good will. Mei was hurt and she probably hated Tiffany for it.  

She sank to the ground, hands covering her face and cried.

…………………………

A/N 

*Sigh* Luhan and his tendency to throw people around :P when will he understand that violence is not the answer? 

And poor Tiffany :/ She was just trying to help but who knew Luhan was more of an idiot than they could imagine? 

I apologize to all Lu-biased out there because this was kinda necessary for the story 

and can somebody please pry Mei off me? she's clawing at my face right now *screams in the background 'I HATE IT!!!* 

shouldn't have put her and Sehun together... oh well 

comment people :3  See you