Chapter 85

You Who Came From The Stars

They were walking slowly, holding hands and breaking out into giggling fits whenever their eyes met. Mei's cheeks were hurting from smiling so much but after all that crying, she deserved it.

Luhan kept pulling her into his side so that their arms brushed and they'd stop every now and then, just looking at each other. It was like they couldn't get enough – she'd felt his reluctance when they'd parted after the kiss but Luhan's rowdy family had shown up moments later, and begun congratulating them for getting back together, not even bothering to pretend that they hadn't been peeking.

Mei found that funny but Luhan obviously didn't like it. He kept her possessively into his side and even glared at Sehun who'd sidled close to smack her back with a 'You can thank me properly later!'.

Then, he announced that he was taking her back to the dorm and anybody who followed him would be responsible for any damage they sustained. And now, they were walking back and dragging feet to extend their time together.

She was thinking that it was too soon to leave his side when, as if even the cosmos wanted them together, it started pouring. A veritable deluge, it soaked them both in seconds as they ran.

Maybe the cosmos really was working with her because they came across the greenhouse – the one they'd taken shelter in before. She tugged his hand, strongly reminded of their first time alone together and pulled him towards the greenhouse.

It was warm, dry and cozy and after the chilly rain, it felt especially welcome. She shook her hair out of her face, hoping it wouldn't cling to her neck because that made her look terrible. Then, all coherent thoughts left her head at the magnificent sight in front of her.

Luhan was looking out at the sky, drops of water clinging to his hair and sliding down his neck like in a silvery stream. That, in itself, was enough to make her lose her mind.

But his soaked white shirt was clinging to him – oh thank you God for making summer so hot that he can only wear a single shirt!!!  – which meant that she had the perfect view of his perfect body.

The shirt clung and shifted with the contours of his back and she could even make the out the dip in his spine.   

Now, if he could be nice and just turn around, she'd have the perfect front view as well and while her secret fantasy of seeing him shirtless wouldn't come true, this was – obviously – the next best thing.

As if to fulfill her wish, he turned around, still looking towards the sky and frowning thoughtfully. In other words, perfectly showcasing his perfect, sharp profile along with his equally perfect torso.

A couple of buttons in his shirt had come loose and it provided a most convenient peek of his pectorals and as her eyes travelled lower…

I knew it! He has abs!!!

Said abs were being clearly outlined by the clinging, transparent shirt and when he lifted his arm to rake his hair back from his forehead, it dragged upwards, revealing a tiny bit of  porcelain skin.

She hadn't thought he could get any ier but this…

'Stay still!'

'Hmm?' He was about to turn around but her shrill 'Don't move!' rendered him motionless. 'What?' He muttered.

'Don't speak,' she muttered, adjusting her cell's camera settings so she could capture the amazing sight. 'Don't move, don't even breathe, just stay exactly as you are!'

He blinked at the bright flash that felt blinding in the dimly lit area.

'Seriously?' He sounded amused. 'Should I pose some more?'

He'd suggested it jokingly but who was she to say no to good ideas?

'This is so not what I want to do right now.' Luhan muttered under his breath as she arranged him in another y pose.

'Just go with it. These are coming out great, trust me!'

'At least let me see what you're snapping!' he complained, pulling the collar of his dress shirt aside at her direction to reveal his sharp collar bone and tilting his head back, highlighting his neck and jaw . 'And what is this pose?'

'Shut up.' she told him, focused entirely on the camera.

………………………

Luhan pouted, earning himself another glare from his headstrong mate.

Mei was getting really into photographing him and while he was glad she found him so y – he could feel her awe, thanks to their newly forged link – but he'd rather celebrate that finding in a different way.

One that involved less posing and more action.

His eyes again alighted on the curves that stood out, thanks to all that rain – he really needed to thank Suho for this timely shower – and he bit his lip.

He felt another bolt of awed admiration pass through Mei.

'Stay like that!' she told him, going further back into the greenhouse, away from him, so she could take a full body shot. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes – because she would only make him pose again if she wasn't satisfied – he stood still, staring at her tempting body and biting his lip.

Before she could think of something else to make him do, he moved towards her. She let out a surprised squeak when he got too close, scooting backwards.

Her back met with one of the numerous posts that held the pots and plants and some leaves brushed over her neck, surprising her. She let out a shrill scream, jumping right into his arms. 'Something touched me!'

He chuckled, earning himself a couple of punches. 'Don't make fun of me!' she pouted.

'This is what you get for making me pose like that.'

'But you looked so cool!' she exclaimed earnestly. 'Like a model.'

'Well this model doesn't like working for free.' He dropped his voice suggestively. 'I want my payment.'

She pushed away from him, blushing. 'What payment?'

He pulled her right back in, staring down at her. 'Something like this.'

He kept looking into her eyes as he closed the distance between them and she closed her eyes at the last moment. He kissed her nose, laughing at her surprised face.

She was so fun to tease.

'Ugh!' she pushed against his chest again, punching him. 'You're so mean!'

'I'm sorry.' He replied, grinning unrepentantly. Then tightened his arms when she tried to get away. 'Do you remember the first time we came here?' he asked.

She smiled reminiscently. 'Yeah.'

'It was romantic – like now…'

'It was.'

'And we kept talking instead of taking advantage of that.' He finished. 'Also like now.'

She opened , probably to refute the statement and do something to relieve the tension in the atmosphere – he knew she'd do just that. It was her way of dealing with uncomfortable situations and being in his arms, their wet clothes nothing but a flimsy barrier between their bodies and his obvious need for her – he was man after all – was the epitome of uncomfortable situation and he didn't need their link to know that.

Too bad though because he was in no mood for her antics – that was cute and all but hello? They were wet and alone in the greenhouse, she was y and he wanted his lips on her now. 

Her words muffled as he kissed her and he thought she might push him away but then, she melted against him, her hands sliding around his neck and her nails scraped against his skin. He pulled her closer until their bodies were all but fused. Her curves pressed against his chest and he felt himself tighten uncomfortably at the blissful contact.

When they parted, he stared into her big brown eyes that were dazed with pleasure, her lips parted as she panted for breath. His hands found their way to tangle with the strands of her hair that were sticking to her neck, pushing them aside so he could caress her delicate skin. Her eyes closed with pleasure and he leaned down to her lips again, angling her head for better access. He started walking them backwards, using telekinesis to clear the way until her back pressed against the farthest wall.

Her fingers traced down his shoulders, resting against his chest. He growled as she started playing with the collar of his shirt, pulling it aside and brushing her fingers teasingly across the bared skin.

His hands curled into fists that slammed beside her head and he broke the kiss with a shudder as her hands travelled down, tracing his abs. Her breath hitched a little and he watched, mesmerized as she stared at his body like it was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen.

He couldn't be expected to think rationally when she was looking at him like that. His hands slid around her waist, lifting the hem of her shirt to touch her skin, like she was touching his and she shivered at the sensation. Then, her fingers slid around his waist to pull him in and she rose on tiptoes to place a kiss on the corner of his mouth. He turned his head to capture her lips before she could back off, then pressed his body into hers, relishing the sensations that bombarded him as he deepened their kiss again.

…………………………