Chapter 47

You Who Came From The Stars

Mei's eyes expanded in shock as Kai's lips brushed against hers, soft and tempting. Her senses went numb.

NO!!!

Her mind screamed in denial but before she had the chance to move to push him away, something hit him like the bulldozer, snarling and screaming and she yelled in shock as Kai was thrown away. She fell off the bench as something pushed at her, pressing her into the ground.

Just as suddenly, the pressure on her vanished and she opened her eyes. Then blinked. She'd gone and lost it – fighting with him had driven her officially crazy. That, or she was dreaming. Because nothing else could explain the scene in front of her eyes.

Yeah, it was a dream.

Exhibit A – Luhan, red eyed and wild,  was snarling and attacking Kai like crazy – using God only knew what because he wasn’t exactly holding anything but all little loose rocks on the ground – and some not so little ones – were lifted in the air and rushing towards Kai like bullets. Plus there seemed to be a pulsing force field around him, sort of like those she'd seen in sci-fi movies, which apparently stopped everything from coming within touching distance of him. Luhan looked rather terrifying, his fingers clawed and his face a ravaged mess as he attacked relentlessly.  

Exhibit B – Kai was somehow managing dodging those rock bullets, disappearing and reappearing just as quickly. And landing a couple of hits when he managed to reappear right inside Luhan's protective shield. Of course, he disappeared real quickly when Luhan grabbed his hair and clawed at his neck – Kai blocked his arms, barely stopping him from tearing his throat out and pushed his knee into Luhan's stomach, making him loosen his grip on his hair.

Exhibit C – two extremely hot guys were having an epic sci-fi showdown over her.  She knew it was about her because Kai had taken her first kiss when she'd turned to thank him. That was definitely a dream because there was no way she was giving her first kiss to anyone but Luhan. And of course Luhan, her knight in shining armor… or rather, Luke Skywalker wannabe, was fighting for her honor.  

Ohmygod, I have guys fighting over me!!! Her mind, momentarily insane, screamed in delight before it clicked into gear again. Dream or not, she did not like where this was going. Kai wasn't being the nice villain, the one who got knocked out at the first hit and Luhan was acting more like a crazed beast than a knight. And they were constantly calling each other out, escalating the battle for her honor into an all-out war. That was not the scenario she wanted to play out in her dreams.  

Kai called out at Luhan tauntingly – she couldn't hear the words clearly – but whatever it was drove him even more nuts. There was a loud tearing sound and the ground shook. She put her hands over her head, cowering, before she looked up.

And gaped in shock. There was a tree – a giant freaking tree – torn out from the ground, its roots soiled, floating… no flying through the air at Kai, who glanced up in surprise before it crashed.

NO!!! She covered her eyes, sure Kai was dead. This dream was fast becoming a nightmare.

The next moment, someone grabbed her arms and there was a weird SCHZZIIP! sound, like a zipper closing and her breath cut off for a second before she seemed to reemerge from something – space, maybe. She was surrounded by trees and bushes… another part of the park, perhaps.  

'You're okay?' The familiar voice made her knees go weak with relief. Kai! She hugged him, grateful he was alive – red eyed, wild like Luhan and a mess of scratches all over his body but alive. First kiss thief or not, she liked the guy and she didn't want him to die.

'I thought you were dea…d…' her voice broke on the last word, his face blurring as tears filled her eyes. Like come on, this was just a stupid dream. Why the hell was it turning so… drastic?  

'I'm fine!' He reassured her, patting her back before pushing her away. 'Get them out of here.' He told someone over her shoulder and vanished. She turned around.

And here was Exhibit D – Luhan and Kai's… family, since they were all cousins (or that's what they always said) were gathered around, looking inappropriately excited at the death match taking place in the open ground. This dream was turning weirder by the second. As was proved when one of the inappropriately excited guys turned and saw her.

'Mei! We meet again!'

Baekhyun. He waved and trotted over to her. 'Isn't this awesome?' He asked cheerfully, turning her so she could see the fight. 'Those two look like they'll finish each other off!'

They did and that, in her opinion, wasn’t something he should sound so chipper about.

She shut her eyes as Kai once again teleported inside Luhan's shield, pulling his hair back to expose his throat, his elbow coming down in a harsh blow. She cracked open one eye, ready to shut it, as Luhan reacted quickly, putting his arm to block the elbow and somehow landed on his back to hit his foot on Kai's forehead, in a quick scissor kick.

The impact made Kai's forehead bleed and as blood dripped down his face, he snarled, bending his knee to a point and falling on Luhan's face. She covered her ears, eyes squeezed tightly shut as she waited – unreasonably, because they were so far away – for the sickening crunch of breaking bones.

'This is just a dream…' she muttered, dizzy as her knees weakened and she sat down. She glanced up at Baekhyun with a wild smile. 'This is a dream, right?'

Baekhyun smiled, eyes crinkling. 'Sure, we can roll with that.'

Completely dissatisfied with that answer, she glanced around. And a small distance away, behind the bushes she found Exhibit E – because there was no way those two would be like that if they met in reality; not if she went by the distaste in Tiffany's tone when she'd talked about him. Sehun had his arm wrapped around Tiffany protectively, looking like he was quite enjoying it as she cowered right into his side, squealing when the ground shook as Luhan tore out another tree.

……………………

Aannndd here we have it, the epic battle of the visuals :3 When I was writing the story, I kept thinking there needed to be some KaiLu battle and now, we have it. What has Kai done? Why did he do it? O_o Care to give it a guess? And who're you guys supporting? Kai or Luhan? Do tell!

 

I promised I'd tell you guys who that sassy booty belonged to... well, the answer should be quite obvious because there's only one booty quite as sassy as that. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... El Chooty!!!

 

 

:D :D :D