Chapter 46

You Who Came From The Stars

So, Kai wasn't single after all.

Oh, he wasn't dating anyone per se but that was the face of man completely gone over. The way he stared at her, his reaction to her proximity and his obvious attraction to her – it was enough to tell Tiffany the guy was unavailable.

So, she acted as the good friend once again and left those two alone. This way, if – although she prayed that didn't happen – but if Mei and Luhan didn't patch things up, Mei would have a perfect guy waiting for her.

She sighed, wondering if any guy would fall for her like that. To have not one but two such wonderful guys chasing after her… she smiled dreamily – Mei was a lucky girl. Humming softly, she ducked behind some bushes and sat down, parting the leaves of whatever plant she was hiding behind to keep an eye on those two.

Luhan was coming after all and she would have to drag Kai away so Mei could have a proper, private talk with him.

A stifled cackle and harsh shushing sounds made her look around. A was sticking out of the bushes some distance away. Chuckling quietly – because it was quite the nice booty, wiggling sassily as it moved – she leaned a little back.

Oh, but this was good.

The booty belonged to one of the three people who had their heads currently stuck in the bushes, probably doing what she'd been doing – keeping an eye on Mei and Kai. Friends of Kai, perhaps? They were arguing among themselves in low voices, occasionally pushing each other around. Two guys were being more graceful, leaning against the trees to peek at the couple. But it was the last guy who caught her eyes.

Leaning back casually, his legs stretched out in front of him, he looked like the most bored, iest ice prince she'd ever seen. He rolled his eyes as one of the butts moved and another argument broke out.

'Shut up, I'm trying to hear what he's saying!' Someone whispered loudly.

'No body's talking but you're breathing too loud!' Someone else whispered back, equally loud.

'I'll hit the next person who talks!' The small guy leaning against the tree growled in a low voice. It seemed to work because there was silence. She decided to take a peek and gently parted the leaves again. Kai had his arm around Mei, saying something.

She looked around but there was no sign of Luhan. So far, so good but sitting was making her legs cramp – it wasn't easy to sit with heels this size, so she stood up and stretched.

A sudden gust of wind made her skirt fly up and she hurriedly put her hands out to stop it.

……………………

Sehun was bored.

His idiots – he refused to call them elders when the stuck their butts in front of his face while they spied on his friend – had dragged him to the girls dormitory. Where they'd loitered for some time while Baekhyun managed to sneak inside and was later chased out.

'She's terrifying!' He'd sobbed, clinging to Chanyeol's tall frame, as he related his encounter with the dorm warden. 'I was sure she'd break my legs. I nearly got caught!'

'So, is Kai inside?' Chanyeol had pushed his sob story aside heartlessly.

'Nobody cares about me! D.Oooo!' he'd cried. D.O gave him a death glare and he'd finally straightened. 'Nope, Kai wasn't inside. Neither's Mei…'

Chen, who'd sneaked away who knew when, popped up beside him. 'She's gone out for a walk!'

'How did you…?' They'd stared at him in awe.

'You should know how to work people.' He smiled, then turned and waved at the guards. 'So, we need to go to the park.'

'Ya, you're really smart!' Chanyeol patted Chen, making his knees buckles. 'Ya!'

They'd bickered all the way to the park but shut up when they saw Kai and Mei – the only two people in the park – and hurried quickly to the bushes and resumed making idiots out of themselves. He had no interest in the drama because it had been creating problems between Kai and Luhan and now, with Mei as well. So he leaned back, frankly irritated as their butts moved in front of his eyes.

Hence, he leaned back and watched them bicker, boredom laying heavy on his shoulders. It was Sunday – they should've let him sleep if they weren’t going to have fun. Stifling his yawn, he looked around and his gaze landed on someone's back as they straightened.

Well, hello there.

The girl was stretching, her arms spread upwards, long hair loose and Sehun was completely unable to resist. How long had it been since he'd last done that? When Suho had told him not to use his powers wastefully because Evil was raising his dirty head again?

Well Suho wasn't here now and the idiots were obviously busy with Kai and Mei.

He gestured with his fingers and summoned a hefty gust – enough to completely mess up her hair. That was the real point of this trick – not, as everyone assumed, peeking up their skirts though he let that misassumption stand because it gave him a bad reputation. He liked having a bad reputation.

Just as he'd hoped, the wind was enough to throw her hair in complete disarray. She put out her hands to stop her skirt from blowing up and was completely unable to manage her luxurious locks, which swirled around before settling in a terrible pattern.

He watched, enjoying as she finger-combed it, huffing irritably as she moved away. There was something irresistibly cute about the way girls got all prickly when their impeccable appearance was messed up. He liked girls and he liked teasing them.

But he was a nice guy at heart. Which was why when he spied the phone she'd dropped on the ground, he picked it up and went after her.

'Hey miss…' he called politely.

She glanced over her shoulder, eyes expanding when she saw him. Sehun smirked – oh yeah, girls found him very appealing.

He deliberately slowed his steps, strutting as she turned slowly, flipping her hair over her shoulder and ing her fingers through it again, making it look stylishly messed up instead of just plain messed up.

'Yes?' She raised her brow, feigning indifference – though she totally checked him out before snapping her eyes back to his face. He gave her a flirty smile. 'You dropped this.'

'Oh?' She glanced at his hands. 'Why thank you!' She smiled prettily, fluttering her lashes at him as he passed the phone.

'Not a problem.' He told her, coolly turning around. 'Be more careful though – everybody's not as nice as me.'

'You can say that again…' he heard her mutter and he was sure she wasn't talking about his personality. Smirking, he swaggered back to his idiots.

………………………

A/N

So many updates, hehe :3 well I felt a bit bad for not updating at all and I have a sort of feeling that I'll be busy the entire next week or so because... drumroll - MIDTERMS.

Anyway, do take a moment to appreciate Sehun's swag and understand what Kai's going through and Mei - don't blame her for being so overreactive, it was just hormones, hehe. Anyway, the next few chapters would be explosive, so stay tuned and again, throw about some suggestions - what do you think is going to happen next? leave comments, alright? Laters, then.

POP QUIZ: 'A was sticking out of the bushes some distance away...because it was quite the nice booty, wiggling sassily as it moved...' Who does the booty belong to? I left a good hint :3 

I'll post the answer in the next update hehe