Chapter 22

You Who Came From The Stars

He's gotten ier!

Mei was leaning against the wall, explaining something to Sehun – who'd thankfully gotten over whatever fit he had and wasn’t avoiding her anymore. A shadow fell over them and a smooth voice spoke.

'Hey.'

She looked up, right into Kai's face who was leaning his shoulder against the wall beside her. She'd been wondering what was different about him – he'd come back after a few days absence and there was something very different about him and now, she realized what it was.

The guy was dripping appeal.

Even if Luhan was the only guy for her, she wasn't blind. And it was frankly hard to ignore the seductive curve of his lips as he smirked at her.

'Hey yourself.' She was a bit surprised, though. Kai had never sought her out voluntarily before. 'Heard you were sick. Are you okay now?'

'Why?' His smirk widened, eyes hooded. 'Missed me?'

Mei blinked at his suggestive tone. Was he hitting on her? Sehun sat up, glaring at Kai. 'If you don't have anything useful to say, leave. I'm trying to study here.'

She started at the frank hostility in Sehun's tone; the two were always together and she'd never felt any unfriendliness before.

Kai tilted his head to side, straightening with casual grace. 'Whatever, cub.'

Sehun sputtered in outrage but Kai ignored him, giving her another y smile. 'See you around.'

He stalked off; and even his walk was different, more fluid and predatory – ier. She looked at Sehun, troubled by the way he was glaring at Kai's retreating figure. 'Did you guys fight?'

'Hmm? What makes you think that?' Sehun blinked.

'You… just…' Sehun kept his face blank. 'It's nothing – I'm just stressed about the sessionals – ya, what does this even mean?'

Mei leaned back again, explaining the topic and soon, forgot about it.

……………………..

Luhan's sudden back hug surprised her into dropping her bag.

'Luhan!' She smacked his shoulder but he didn’t mind because he had his arms around her, telling everyone who she belonged to. Telling Kai – who was standing on the stairs of the campus entrance, glaring at him – who she belonged to. 

'Get off!' She was blushing at this sudden intimacy.

'Surprised you, didn't I?' He batted his lashes at her, making light.

'Idiot.' She pushed out his arms and he let her go. He didn’t move back as she picked her bag, standing as close as he could without actually holding her. She bumped into him again and tried to get away but he held her hand, keeping her close. 'Come on, I'll walk you to the dorm.'

'Thanks…' she tried to extract her hand out of his, probably flustered but he pretended to ignore it and kept chattering about random stuff as he tugged her along, knowing Kai was still looking.

Inwardly gloating, he only let go of her hand when they were out of sight.

……………………….

'What's wrong with you?' Mei rubbed at her wrist, blushing and rattled and not at all sure how to react to his sudden touches. They were different from his previous, casual ones – more possessive. 

'Don't touch me out of nowhere – this is private property!' She exclaimed, pointing at herself and wishing her heart would slow down. The guy was driving her crazy.

'Oh really?' Luhan smirked, giving her a sideways glance. 'Well, then you can't touch me either. This,' he thumbed his chest, 'is also private property.'

'Hmph.' Mei sniffed, 'I'll do just that. You keep your hands to yourself, mister.'

Shrugging, he kept walking and chattering. Soon, Mei forgot her resolution, lightly punching his arm on one of his comments. 'You didn't!'

'Ah, you don't respect my privacy at all!' Luhan pretended to be hurt. 'I told you not to touch me.'

'Huh?' she looked at her hand on his shoulder.

'I knew you can't resist me.' He leaned close.

'That's not what…' Mei sputtered, taking her hand away. 'This isn't the sort of touching I was talking about…'

She realized how her words sounded by the naughty look on his face and blushed. 'You know I didn’t mean it like that!'

'Like what?' He smirked again.

Well, what the hell could she say to that? Not to touch her like he owned her, not until he made it official? Dammit, why isn't he asking me out already? She shut up and huffed and walked to her hostel without looking at him.

'Mei!' Luhan's voice was filled with laughter. Inside, she turned. He put a hand to his ear and winked. 'Call me!'

Mei stuck her tongue out at him and rushed to her room, his laughter ringing in her ears.

…………………..

 

A/N

So? y Kai's made an appearance and lots fun times soon to follow :) There's a funny story behind Kai's yness - I wrote at the start that it's Luhan's fault... care to guess why? ;)