Chapter 24

You Who Came From The Stars

'Ya! These glasses aren’t working!' Sehun whined over the phone. 'I can't study!'

It was Saturday and their exams began on Monday. Mei was having trouble concentrating herself as it was, seeing as Sehun had her study glasses. She snapped at him. 'What the hell can I do?'

'Help me.' He ordered. 'Come over and help me.'

'I can't, I'm studying myself.'

'You can study at my place.' He pleaded. 'You'll remember it if you teach me. I can't understand a word Tao's telling me and the books make no sense.'

She was going to suggest he talk to Kai; then she recalled the hostility she'd sensed between those two. 'Look, I can't come over today but… how about tomorrow? I'll try to finish my work by then.'

'You're the best!' Sehun told her. 'Come over tomorrow soon as you get up. I'll make you breakfast.'

'Really?' She doubted Sehun did anything himself.

'No, I'll ask D.O.' He amended. 'I can't cook.'

'Thought so!'

'Whatever, come early. We'll do a group study.'

''Kay, bye.' She hung up.

Sometime later, her phone rang again and her heart thumped as she saw the caller Id. Luhan.

'Hello?' She tried not to sound too eager.

'Roses are red, violets are blue, I love myself, you should too!'

'What was that?' She laughed at his mock-serious tone and ridiculous poem.

'I've decided that poetry is the right way to win you over.' He replied and she could hear the smile in his voice.

'Hmm… I think I like rap better.'

'Okay, I'll free-style for you.' He cleared his throat dramatically. 'Give me a beat.'

She giggled and tried to beat box.

'You , you know.' He told her, then began. 'Yo yo man… I don't know what to, uh, say, uh, when you beat box like that, yeah…so just, uh, enjoy the mayo!'

She laughed again. Her roommate Tiffany glanced over at her, wiggling her eyebrows. 'Luhan', she mouthed. Tiffany pretended to poke . 'Barf.' She ignored her.

'I'm not that bad.' She told Luhan. 'It's still better than your rap.'

'As if!' he snorted. Then he turned serious. 'Wanna hang out tomorrow? '

'Can't!' she replied regretfully. 'I already promised Sehun I'll help him study.'

'Oh.' He sounded calm but she sensed his disappointment.

'Look, I'm really sorry…'

'It's fine, really. Maybe I'll join you guys.'

He hung up soon after that. Mei was upset but it wasn't like she could do anything about it. She got back to studying, trying to finish the course so she wouldn't have to worry tomorrow.

……………………….

Tao's shriek was louder than hers and that was saying something.

He rushed back into the bathroom, shutting the door with a bang. Mei covered her eyes, just to be safe, even though they were already closed.

'I'm sorry, I didn't see anything!'

Sehun was knocking on the door, holding a towel.

'Open up already!' he called. The door opened and Sehun was pulled inside hurriedly, the door slamming shut again. She could still hear them. Tao sounded like he was crying, muttering something about never coming out again.

'I've told you a thousand times to take a towel with you!' Sehun was scolding him. Mei could still feel the heat in her cheeks.

She'd arrived early, as promised and Sehun, dressed only in his pajamas, had brought her to his room and they'd started studying. She hadn’t paid attention to the shower that was on in the bathroom and then she'd heard Tao come out, calling 'Sehun, I forgot my towel!'  

Completely unintentionally – and on this, she'd swear wherever they needed her to – she'd looked up, simply to say hi. In her defense, she had been focusing on the topic she was teaching, not what Tao was saying and well…

Sehun had reacted quickly, slapping his hand across her eyes and pushing her back immediately as he'd yelled 'GET BACK INSIDE!'

Her shocked shriek was nothing compared to Tao's.

And now, everyone in the large house, in various states of undress, was gathered around, asking what was wrong.

What's wrong is you guys don’t know what clothes are! Mei thought wildly, still blushing.

Apparently shirts weren't part of their dress up at all because all the guys standing in the doorway were shirtless – and one was wearing a shirt but nothing else. What the hell is that about?  She kept her head down, hand over eyes, wondering how she'd gotten in such a situation. What was she doing here again?

'I told you she was coming over today!' Sehun was still scolding Tao. 'Early.'

'I didn't know it was that early!' Tao whined. 'Why are you scolding me? She SAW me!'

'I didn't!' Mei called out, blushing as she felt curious glances directed at her. 'Seriously, didn’t see anything!'

'Ugh, it's too early for this kind of nonsense…' A guy stepped inside, thankfully wearing a robe, rubbing his forehead and went to the bathroom. 'Sehun, please come out and take your friend to the living room. I'll talk to Tao.'

Sehun stepped out, looking disgusted. 'Sissy.' He muttered before looking at her. 'Come on out then.'

Looking at the crowd gathered in the doorway, he shooed at them. 'Nothing to see here. Go away!'

'Anybody want breakfast?' Underwear-less-guy asked, moving away. A rumble of yeses rang around the house as they spread out, hopefully to change into something more decent. She and Sehun sat in the living room and she tried to ignore the curious looks that were randomly directed at her.

Tao came out, looking sullen and teary, and didn't meet her eyes but went to the kitchen instead. The robed guy came out as well, sighing.

'Sehun, I'm glad you're studying but maybe you should tell us first before you call someone over.'

'I'm sorry…' Mei muttered, feeling guilty for some reason. 'I should've called…'

'Hey, it's not your fault.' He smiled charmingly. 'It's just that I prefer to be dressed when I meet someone for the first time.'

She laughed, relieved. Sehun grumbled. 'Go away.'

The guy lightly hit his head before going to his room. 'Who's that?' Mei asked.

'That's Suho – he's, like… in charge of the house.' Sehun noticed her curiosity and nodded towards the kitchen. 'That's D.O.'

'The one who makes breakfast?' she asked.

'Yeah… that's Lay.' He pointed at the guy who was looking at something in the distance.

'And those three…' They were obviously the most curious ones, waving and pointing at themselves, blatantly seeking introduction. 'Meh…just ignore them, they'll go away.'

'You're such a brat!' The tallest of them threw a cushion at Sehun before moving to the kitchen. 'D.O.ya… feed me!'

'Oh yeah, I forgot – what'd you want for breakfast?' Sehun asked her.

'Hmm? Anything's cool.' Mei shrugged, now flipping through the notes. 'I ate before I came.'

'Fine, I'll tell D.O…' Sehun got up and went to the kitchen. She was busy going through her notes, going over what to cover with Sehun when a shadow fell over her.

'I think we'll do the easier ones first – that way we'll cover more course. Okay?'

'Okay.' The voice sounded amused. She blinked and looked up to find another shirtless guy, with a towel over his shoulders, wet hair gleaming. He gave her a sideways grin. 'Didn't know we were doing a group study.'

'Hey Kai.' She tried not to let her eyes wander – she did – but put a hot, half- guy in front of any girl and her eyes would wander. Especially when the said guy was obviously posing, leaning his weight back on one leg so that it looked like he was modeling for a shoot.

Given that she'd already been overloaded with eye-candy this early in the morning – Sehun had a fine body and all the other guys were no joke either, and then there was Tao (nope, not gonna think about it) ­– so it was no wonder she was feeling a little hot around the collar. She cleared , forcing her eyes back on the notes.

'You can look.' Kai's voice was smooth like hot chocolate and just as tempting. 'I don't mind.'

'Excuse me?' She cleared again, not giving in. And where the hell was Luhan anyway? If she had to see anyone half- from the get go, she'd prefer it to be him. And why was Kai flirting with her again? Wasn't he, like, the reserved, silent type?

'Ya!' Sehun's voice was loud and quarrelsome. 'Go put on a shirt!' He threw a cushion at Kai who easily dodged it. 'There's a girl around!'

'Maybe you should take your own advice.' Kai replied coolly. 'Or don't you count yourself as a man?'

'You wanna fight?'

'Bring it, cub.'

She was again surprised by the open hostility between the two. Thankfully, D.O stepped in, tiny but intimidating. 

'Cut it out.' He told them both. 'And go change clothes before you study. Both of you.'

Sehun and Kai bumped shoulders hard into each other on their way to their rooms. She turned to her notes again, promising herself not to be distracted again.

'So you're Mei, huh?'

She nearly jumped out of her skin at the voice in her ear.

'Sorry, didn’t mean to scare.' The guy leaning over the sofa, gave her large, sassy smile. 'Hi, I'm Chen.'

'And I'm Baekhyun!' Another guy with an infectious grin was leaning beside him. The tall guy joined them, putting his chin over their heads. 'I'm Chanyeol. Nice to meet you.' His flashed his pearly whites. It was the three Sehun had asked her to ignore.

'Nice to meet you too.' She smiled back. They seemed harmless.

'So… how did you guys meet?' Chanyeol asked, sounding like a TV-host. Baekhyun and Chen edged closer eagerly.

'I met Sehun in class – when I helped him cheat on a test.' She replied, playing along.

'That's great and you have our eternal gratitude for helping that idiot. But that's not who I was talking about.' Chanyeol told her.

'Then, who?'

'Luhan.'

'Kai.'

Baekhyun and Chen spoke simultaneously, looked at each other and started laughing like crazy. She wasn't sure what to say but thankfully, Sehun came back.

'I told you to go away.' He pushed them unceremoniously off the sofa, plopping in it himself. 'Let me study – leave us alone!'

'See, this is how you treat your elders!' Baekhyun pouted, then his hand at D.O who was passing by. 'Sehun hurt me, kiss it better!'

D.O. slapped his hand away. 'You wanna die?' he growled, ill-tempered.

Cackling maniacally, the crazy trio dashed away. She turned to find Sehun rubbing his eyes tiredly. 'I can't believe they're actually older than me.'

Truthfully, neither could she. 'Shall we study?'

'Yeah.'

……………………

A/N

Exo pop quiz: where did the shower scene come from??? :D XD 

and now, I'll leave you guys in suspense - What will happen when Luhan shows up? O_o