Chapter 68

You Who Came From The Stars

D.O. was getting irritated.

Because all he'd done so far was stand around and see Suho dote over Angel and his Shadow crack himself up over it, others joining in.

It wasn't that he minded watching over Angel or anything – of course she had been attacked and Suho was right to be concerned about her safety but Suho was with her now, so technically, their work was done.

And he hadn't dragged himself all the way here, especially when he'd woken up blue, to watch the couple or the idiots – he got to see both of them plenty every day, thank you very much.

No, he was annoyed because Luhan, after finally showing up, was doing nothing. He was just staring at the girl like she was a ghost instead of staking his claim and whisking her away. What was his deal? Was Luhan really that much of an idiot that he couldn't figure out she was still unclaimed?

D.O. hadn't experienced what the whole scent business was – as far as he was concerned, all people stunk and his brothers stunk more than most – but from what they'd told him, the mate had a scent that would arouse the beast.

Apparently, when claimed, that scent mixed with the beast's into a unique musk that both the mate and beast shared. He'd noticed the slight change in Suho's scent, so he supposed that was true.  

If it was him, he thought, he'd just stamp his claim all over his mate and to hell with everyone. He'd just go over and do it – like Xiumin – now that guy knew how it was done. Luhan was procrastinating, staring at her like that…

No, not just staring.

The idiot was backing off.

Seriously, D.O. rolled his eyes, what the hell is wrong with you?

Well, Sehun had said they might need his help, hadn't he? It was a good thing he had a soft spot for couples.

D.O. casually leaned his weight back, focused and tapped his foot.

A slight tremor shook the ground – not enough to crack the ground but definitely enough to send Luhan crashing into the girl, Mei. He would accept thanks later.

Smiling, because now Suho was also hugging Angel – yup, y'all can thank me later – he ducked and got out of the unmoving line. His work here was done, now he could explore the funfair – he'd seen an interesting stall that invited people to a cooking battle with the chef. He'd been itching to try his hand at that.  

'That was really cool!' Baekhyun exclaimed in his ear and D.O. started. Then looked back at Chen and Chanyeol smiling at him. 'Why are you here?' He grumbled. He wanted his alone time.

'Since you'd so kindly pushed them into each other, we thought we'd give them some privacy and protect Tao's innocence.'

Tao, who'd obviously been dragged away, whined. 'But I want to ride!'

'I want to ride!' Baekhyun imitated him, then ducked behind Chanyeol to avoid his punch. 'You're coming with us.'

'Ya, what are you doing?' Sehun appeared out of nowhere with a girl in tow – Mei's friend, Tiffany. 'Keep an eye on them.'

'They're hugging it out.' Chen informed him, then glanced at the girl and his smile widened. He winked at Sehun. Sehun nodded, smirking.

'We have to make sure they stick together,' Tiffany spoke up. 'Luhan looks like he's ready to…'

'Run away?' Chanyeol muttered, shaking his head as Luhan hurriedly let go of Mei as if burnt, then desperately began looking around for an escape.

'Seriously!' Tiffany snapped, frowning. 'What is wrong with him?'

At this point, they were all asking the same question.

'This calls for emergency measures!' Chen announced, then D.O. felt a jolt through him as Chen gathered his powers. He covered his ears in advance because this was going to be loud.  

There was a bright, terrifying crack of lightning and thunder so loud that it made their ears whistle. Tiffany squealed, eyes closed and ducked; then let out another terrified scream as the ground shook – because, well, thunder that loud called for a complementary shake and D.O. couldn't let Chen have all the glory.

……………………

Suho covered Angel's ears at the loud rumble, his own ears first going numb, then whistling as sounds began to register again.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to let them help Luhan, after all.

Not good at all, he thought again as the ground shook, then thunder cracked again. They really needed to control themselves, not go around using their powers so recklessly.

Although they were obviously careful because these power surges were nothing compared to what Kai and Luhan had done but still…

Seriously? He closed his eyes as Angel's hair blew into his eyes, momentarily blinding him. Sehun's doing, naturally. When the wind died, he opened his eyes and looked down at Angel. She stared back up at him, looking adorably messed up and he smiled reassuringly.

Then decided he needed to get her out of the catastrophe they were cooking as fireworks suddenly bombarded their feet. He pulled Angel close and ducked under the steel railing that was holding the customers, getting out of the way.

He felt a bit sorry for Luhan and Mei though, who were dancing around to avoid the tiny bits of paper that burst with a bang soon as they touched the ground – a small party trick Chanyeol was really proud of.

He stopped next to the group who was obviously having too much fun at others' expense. And told them to cut it out.

'But…' Chanyeol whined. 'I was just getting to the good part.'

'It's dangerous!' Suho told him, 'and frankly stupid. Leave them be. Or do something less dramatic.'

'Fine.' With a heavy sigh, Chanyeol put the paper back in his pocket. 'I don't know why you're so worried, it's obviously working.'

'It's obviously working in the wrong way. You're scaring them.'

Another crack of thunder rolled across the sky and Angel hugged his back, hiding her face against it. He glared at Chen. 'Cut that out!'

'You're such a poop!' Chen told him cheerfully. Suho ignored him, looking around the group. Tao and Baekhyun were huddled together because of the thunder, D.O. was looking too innocent as he tapped his foot and made the ground tremble – 'Stop that!' – and Sehun was smirking triumphantly as Mei's friend huddled against him.

He sighed. 'Tone it down, alright. And no more fireworks.'

'Okay.' Half-hearted but they couldn't say no to a direct order.   

He turned, disengaging – with some difficulty because she was holding so tightly – her fingers around his waist and hugged her once.

Then, before they could start with their antics again and scare Angel even more, he got her out of there.

………………………….

A/N

Why you no comment people??? O_O No really, why not? I feel sad :/ 

On another note, is this date fun or fun, haha? love their helpful tactics :D and even Squishy has a soft spot for couples :3