Chapter 67

You Who Came From The Stars

Mei had shown up at the funfair as Tiffany had demanded, looking like a million bucks.

She knew she was because of the numerous, appreciative and envious glances directed her way. She tried to gain confidence from that because she was frankly nervous. And not really sure that Luhan would show up. If he'd really wanted to see her, he wouldn't be hiding away, now would he?

But Tiffany had promised he'd be there and Mei trusted her.

She was standing in the line for the roller coaster – Tizzy Dizzy, what a name! – because Tiffany had texted her to get there and wait.

Well, she was there.

And she'd been waiting for fifteen minutes now but neither Luhan nor anyone else had shown up. She might've abandoned the place but for the cute couple in front of her.

It was Suho and his girlfriend. The girl was a tiny creature, cute in a sweet, shy way and was obviously nervous about getting on the ride. She was clinging to his arm like he was her lifeline and Suho, if his face was anything to go by, was perfectly fine with that.

She resisted the urge to go 'aw' when he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into his side to comfort her. How sweet!

There was a loud cheer and then a whole lot of commotion in the group behind her – she assumed they were greeting a friend – and then, someone bumped into her.

A jolt went through her as he put his arm out to stop her from falling and she knew who it was without even having to turn around.

Thanks Tiffany, I owe you so much! Now wish me luck.

Slowly she turned to face him.

'Hi.'

…………………….

Luhan was feeling much better, thanks to the brutal match and their subsequent win which ensured they'd proceed to the semifinals. He was celebrating with his team and coach was congratulating him and obviously resisting the urge to squeeze him into a bear hug.

He enthusiastically high-fived his teammates and coach grimaced, then pulled him out of the group by his ear. 'You want to permanently damage your hands?' He reprimanded him sternly.

Luhan only grinned cheekily at him, unrepentant. Sighing, because they'd won the match and Luhan had proved he was perfectly fine even with the bandages, he slapped his back. 'Get out of here!'

Luhan smiled and was going back to his team when his cellphone rang and Xiumin informed him that he had guard duty today.

'Why?' Luhan whined because he wanted to celebrate with the team – and hoped that soccer and party was enough to make him forget Mei. 'All of a sudden…'

'It's not sudden.' Xiumin informed him. 'You were at the hospital so you didn't hear it but Angel was attacked yesterday!'

Luhan choked on the water he was air drinking. 'What???' He sputtered. 'What happened?'

'It's a long story.' Xiumin sounded like he was shrugging. 'She was rescued but we think her attacker might show up again so…'

'Okay, so… where am I assigned?'

'At the funfair.'

'Seriously?'

'Well, she'd asked him for a date and you know Suho can't say no to her.'

Shaking his head at how far Suho had fallen, he agreed and hung up. Well, whether he felt Suho needed to be more assertive in the relationship and not be so easily led about by his nose or not, he had a job to do.

So, he said his goodbyes and made his way to the funfair. It wasn't hard to find where Suho and Angel were – nearly everyone was talking about the cute couple and their even cuter confession. Wondering what the hell Suho had been doing, he made his way to the roller coaster ride.

Baekhyun saw him coming and gave a loud cheer to attract his attention – the whole group was there and since it'd been some time since he'd last seen them, they were really enthusiastic about their welcome. His back was aching with all the slaps he received and before he knew it, he was being dragged inside into the line to wait for the ride.

Which was stupid because weren't they supposed to keep an eye for the molester? He tried asking for details but was studiously ignored and pushed around while the troublesome foursome harassed Tao and he bumped into someone.

He turned and made a grab to help straighten the girl. Then froze as her scent, more potent and intoxicating than ever before, hit him full force. He froze as she turned, a soft smile on her face.

'Hi.'

……………………….