Chapter 48

You Who Came From The Stars

This was, hands down, the best date ever.

Because Angel, his sweet shy Angel, was taking charge as she placed her lips over his, her hands timidly tracing over his chest. The kiss ended before it started as shyness got the best of her and she backed off, blushing furiously and ducking her head.

Her elegantly styled hair was escaping its confines now, framing her face with wayward tendrils, her carefully applied lipstick smearing and he had no idea how much more of this torture he could take.  

They'd gone to the aquarium and watched all the interesting fish and stuff. Or she had because he couldn't keep his eyes off her. When he did tear them away, it was to glare at anyone foolish enough to look at her. He held her hand possessively and then, because merely holding her hand wasn't enough, he pulled her in and wrapped his arm around her waist.

She blushed, looking even prettier and he fairly growled at the guy who was selling souvenirs, because he was being too frank with her. The guy was obviously foolish because he ignored Suho and leaned over the counter on the pretense of helping her put on the bracelet she wanted to buy. So, Suho did what any one else in his position would've done.

He drenched the guy and his stupid collection of bracelets, gathering water from the surrounding air into a giant water balloon that hovered over his head. Suho pulled Angel away with a 'Let's look around some more' and gloated as the guy's shocked yell rang out in the area.

After that, they went shopping and he enjoyed watching her check things out, nervously at first but with increasing excitement. Then she saw a book shop, one that sold classics, and she went completely crazy. Instead of buying couple stuff, he bought a heap classic musical scores because she'd been looking at them so longingly – they were expensive and she was too shy to actually say what she wanted. He paid for it while she explored around the shop, making sure she couldn't see it so he could surprise her.

Then they had a romantic lunch. Well, the atmosphere had been romantic anyway, soft music, dim lighting, close quarters and all.

Because he'd given her one of the scores and she kept gushing over it, completely forgetting to be nervous or shy. In fact, that's when she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. 'Thank you! I love it!!!' she exclaimed with delight and he watched with amazement as she reverted back to examining his gift, tracing her fingers over them reverently.

Wow. That was just… he liked being kissed by her. Well then, it was a great thing he'd bought more than one, wasn’t it?

So when they got back to his car – he'd planned to ask her where she wanted to go next but now… plans changed. He had waited long enough. 

He drove them to one of his favorite spots – an isolated, quiet little mountain ledge that peeked over the river – a place that was officially out of bounds, part of the natural reserve but hell of a getaway and one he frequented when he wanted to be alone. She looked around in awe, looking surprised when he crossed the rusty gate, ignoring the 'No Entry' sign. Then he drove to the ledge carefully, asking her to close her eyes, and parked.  

When she opened them, she saw the whole city spread out in front of her, the river glinting beautifully in the late afternoon sun. The view was breathtaking, Suho knew, but not as breathtaking as her, her lips parted, awed. Never that. He took off his seat belt, then leaned over to loosen hers.

'Did you have fun?' He asked her, deliberately casual, knowing that his proximity was affecting her just as much as she was affecting him.

'Yes.' Her voice sounded breathless and he swallowed, wondering if he could really hold out till the end.

'Great – I had a great time as well.' He told her, leaning back in his seat and tapping the steering wheel. 'Did you like the gift I bought?'

'Oh, I love it!' She exclaimed, eyes sparkling as excitement lit up once again. 'It's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever given me!'

'Really?' He asked, smiling. 'I'm glad you think so.'

'I do!' she nodded enthusiastically. 'This one is a masterpiece and I've always wanted a copy…'

'Hmm…' He glanced at her. 'There must be others.'

'Of course. There's…' she started listing names and he suppressed his delighted laugh. He'd bought all of them; she'd obviously been looking at the ones she didn't have.

'You kissed me.' He said when she stopped. She blushed furiously. He turned to look at her. 'I liked it.'

He leaned towards her, taking her hand to pull her closer. 'So…' he looked into her wide eyes. 'We'll play a little game…'

'G-game?' Her tiny stutter was so cute, he could barely resist it. He roughly his hand in the back seat, not breaking his gaze, and grabbed the shopping bag he'd deposited there. The crackle didn't distract her either but when he took out the scores, she glanced down. And back up, eyes wide with surprise.

He smiled. 'This is how we play. There are seven scores in all.' He named them and her eyes widened even more as he continued. 'You get one for every kiss you give.'

She blushed crimson, backing off and put her hands on her face. Suho tilted his head, waiting.

……………………

Angel could feel herself turning redder by the moment and her head felt like steam was coming out of it. Her heart beat in and she felt her palms getting sweaty, simply at the prospect of doing as he'd suggested.

Kiss Suho… she gulped, wanting to fan herself. Yeah, she didn’t think so. She'd kissed his cheek because she'd been too excited and had forgotten her nervousness. This was different. She was nervous – very very nervous – and the way he was looking at her, like he was barely holding himself back, wasn't helping.

She'd thought about it, of course and dreamed about it, sure. But it was just that – an imaginary thing. She didn’t really have that sort of confidence…

The crackle of the shopping bag drew her eyes to the scores, all wrapped up and waiting to be opened. She swallowed again. Masterpieces composed by legends… her heart gave a thud at the thought of actually owning one of these.

For a kiss… her mind whispered. She glanced at Suho from between her fingers. His head was tilted to the side expectantly. As she'd felt before, she felt his delight at her discomfort. What was with him and her discomfort, anyway? He enjoyed teasing her a bit too much – even now, she could feel his internal, devilish laughter while he maintained a poker face.

She looked at the scores again – legendary music by legendary composers – and bit her lip. She really wanted that collection – to actually own the hardbound copies of these original pieces… she could just imagine how envious her class and even her teachers would be. Any music student would be. And it was the perfect material for their project. She could already see how much they could benefit, her and Lay.

It was the perfect gift, perfectly thought out – she was really touched that he'd actually paid attention to what she'd been looking at – and all she had to do was kiss him to receive it.

And it wasn't like they hadn't kissed before.

She gulped again, unable to believe she was actually going to do it – actually turn her dream into reality. She put her hands down, biting her lips nervously as she turned towards him. 'Okay.' Her voice barely made it out but he heard her.

Smiling triumphantly, he leaned forward so she could reach him easily. She didn't meet his eyes because that was too intimate and it would make her lose her nerve. Instead, she closed her eyes and leaned forward to kiss him. Her hands found their way to his chest – his heart was beating hard – and she placed her lips on his. A bolt of electricity travelled down her spine, bringing her body to hyperawareness and she backed off, overwhelmed and burning up.

Blushing furiously, she ducked her head. She'd done it! She couldn’t believe it but she'd done it. She peeked at him from underneath her lashes. A soft smile spread across his lips – which had her lipstick over them now – and he looked down at her. 'That's one.'

She swallowed, heart slowing down a little. She'd done it once, she could do it again. He was her boyfriend and she liked kissing him. That had nothing to do with gifts and everything to do with her heart. Her desire and all those bad thoughts she had about him. Seven, in that case, was too small a number.

She kissed him again.

…………………

Enjoy some Suho-Angel fluff because I'm a tease and I like to make people wait XD no, seriously though, the next few chapters will be all about the epic battle between Kai and Luhan and its (meant to be) awesome! Okay, then. Do comment and talk to me, okay? Later