Chapter 71

You Who Came From The Stars

Angel came to from the most vivid dream – she'd been making out with Suho and then, a unicorn attacked her and she'd fainted.

She groaned as she straightened and bumped her head into the girl who'd been leaning over her. She smiled brightly. 'Good, you're awake. Are you alright?'

Angel blinked and nodded. Then glanced around. 'Um…w..where am I?'

The girl straightened with a flourish. 'Welcome to the Divining Eye where we'll tell you everything about your past, present and future. Would you care to have a reading?'

Not waiting for an answer, she grabbed Angel's hand and started looking at her palm. 'Oh wow…' she muttered, 'Tell me if I get this right… you have a boyfriend who looks like…' she fired off a detailed description of Suho.

Angel stared at her in awe. 'How…?'

She grinned cheekily. 'I'd like to claim I can See it but I'm just a conman – girl? Person? Yeah, conperson.' She nodded empathically, then thumbed over her shoulder. 'Your boyfriend's waiting for you.'

That's when Angel saw how crowded it was inside the stall – Suho, of course, was there and smiled at her as soon as the girl got out of the way. Then, there were the others – her bodyguards from earlier and Tao and Sehun. Given that the stall was barely larger than a store room and already filled with numerous chairs, drapes and a table thrown in to hold the crystal ball, it was surprising.

But not something that bothered her much when Suho helped her up. She remembered her rather vivid dream and blushed because, well, she'd really liked the making out part and if they could skip the unicorn…

'Can I interest you in a reading? We have a special discount for cute couples!' the Con-girl offered brightly. Suho looked like he didn't care but Angel was interested. Reading… did that mean finding out about the future or something? Stuff like whether or not they'd end up married? Or what kind of relationship they'd have?

She was going to ignore it and go but the girl behind the table, the Seer, gave her a mysterious smile when their eyes met. 'The answer is yes to both your questions. I can tell you about that and more…'

She stared at her in awe – how did she know? – and looked at the Con-girl. She nodded. 'This is the real deal, no lies.'

If that were the case, there were a couple of things she really wanted to know. She looked at Suho; he looked down at her, then sighed. 'Fine. We'll get a reading.'

She bit her lip, ducking her head. She couldn't ask those questions in front of Suho. Suho groaned. 'Okay, I'll leave. Sheesh.'

He shooed the rest away and parked himself outside the stall, looking irritated; Angel smiled because she knew it was because he wanted to be with her. Con-girl pulled the curtain back in place, then poked her head out and shooed him away even further. 'Give her some privacy.'

Looking even more annoyed, Suho moved a little further. Con-girl gave them thumbs-up. 'Okay, you're good to go.'

Resisting the urge to giggle with excitement, Angel placed herself in front of the Seer. She smiled at her rather shyly, then spoke. 'Would you like me to do the crystal reading or palm reading?'

'Um…' Angel looked at Con-girl. She shrugged, the spoke to the Seer. 'Just do it. There's no need for theatrics here.'

The Seer let out a relieved sigh. 'Thank goodness, I was getting tired of it.' Then smiled at her again. 'Fine, I'll just tell you what I get from you, okay?'

'O..okay?'

'Aw, she's so cute!' Con-girl exclaimed. Angel blushed. Seer ignored them both, closing her eyes in concentration, then her eyes snapped open and she started talking, frowning.  

'There is darkness looming ahead… overpowering and sly, it will try to get to you when you're at your weakest… your link with your partner is strong…' Her eyes bore into Angel's. 'Stronger than you think and it will use that to lead you to harm but it is also the only thing that will save you…'

Angel stared at her unblinkingly. Seer blinked, seeming to come out of a trance, sweat coating her brow. She rubbed her forehead.

'I'm sorry, that… was unintentional.' She shook her head, seeing Angel's face. 'Don't worry, I sometimes say nonsensical stuff.'

Angel didn't think so. How had she known about her connection with Suho? She leaned forward, paying much more attention to the Seer, who started telling her about different, couple stuff and soon, despite her usual awkwardness, she was soon giggling and laughing.

'So, um…' The question that suddenly flashed through her mind made her blush; It was something she both wanted to know and didn’t. However, even thinking about it was making her incoherent and blush until she felt steam come out of her ears.

'Ya!' Con-girl bumped her shoulder into Angel's, eyebrows wiggling. 'What are you thinking about? Eh? Is it…that?' she winked. Angel blushed even harder because it was that. Seer smacked Con-girl, then giggled herself. 'I won't tell you when…' She told Angel. 'But… yes.'

Angel gulped, wondering how she'd face Suho now. It was hard enough when she kept having bad thoughts about him. Now she knew they'd…

She buried her face in her hands.

'Aw, you're too cute!' Con-girl exclaimed, pinching her cheek. 'Seriously, you're too cute!' Then, to Seer, 'I like her. Can we be friends?'

Seer rolled her eyes. 'That's up to her, not me.'

'Can we be friends, please? Please?' Con-girl batted her eyes at Angel, then grasped her hands. 'Hi, I'm Raina.'

'And I'm Kyra.'

Angel, still blushing, mumbled into her hands. Raina leaned closer. 'What was that?'

She looked up, smiling shyly. 'I'm Angel.'

'Aww!' Raina fawned. 'Even your name is cute. Oh, are you a freshman? We can hang out together, I don't mind playing with my juniors!'

Angel shook her head. Raina snapped her fingers. 'You're still in high school! You sneaked in here with your boyfriend, didn't you?'

Do I really look that young? Angel wondered, then shook her head again. 'Third...'

Raina's mouth dropped in a shocked 'O'. 'Third year? Seriously???' She gave her a once over. 'Stop joking…you're my senior? What are you doing?'

'M...music…'

'No wonder I haven't seen you around.' Raina told her cheerfully. 'Or I'd have snatched you up long before…'

Angel wasn't sure what to say to that. Kyra slapped Raina. 'Stop scaring her!'

Raina sighed. 'Fine. Okay, then Angel, I'll meet you once the funfair's over. Alright?'

'Okay.' Angel was surprised at herself. She hadn't managed to make friends in three years and here, she'd gotten two together. But she liked Raina and Kyra. 'You too?' she asked Kyra.

She shook her head regretfully. 'I'm afraid I'll say goodbye today. I only came over because Raina set up a gig for me.' She gave Raina a mock glare. 'And she only informed me last night.'

'You never make use of your talent!' Raina defended herself. 'And I needed money…'

'What for?' Kyra demanded. Those two bickered like an old couple and Angel found herself smiling, then realized she'd been here for over twenty minutes. 'Oh no!' she stood up hurriedly.

'Ah, I'm sorry!' Raina exclaimed, then poked out of the curtain and put her fingers into to whistle. 'Yo! Your girlfriend's free now!'

Then stuck her head back inside. 'Wow, he was still standing there. Lucky girl!' Winking at Angel, she pushed her into Suho's incoming chest. 'Bye bye now! Come back again!'

………………………

A/N

And here I go again, introducing weird characters. You've all met Raina before, though I didn't mention her name... do you remember? And Kyra... well, you'll see why she's here soon enough. Both girls are introduced here but their story is explored later on in further detail. For now, they're just... kind of making a guest-appearance, I guess. Among other things. Anyway, see ya later.