Chapter 58

You Who Came From The Stars

Luhan had finally shown up – she'd been right outside his class for her daily visit to see if he had come – and he hadn't even looked at her. She'd called after him and he'd stopped – like he had heard her – but then, he'd moved inside, bumping shoulders with his friends instead.

She'd left him alone at that time because the bell for class rang just then. But she vowed she would corner him, force him to talk to her if she had to. Only, even though she all but ran out of class soon as it was over, he was already gone.

She looked for him in the soccer field but he wasn’t there. Someone told her he'd gone to the medical room – her heart jumped into , what's wrong with him? – because his wounds were bleeding and the coach had refused to let him play like that.

Mei rushed to the medical room but it turned out they had called an ambulance to take him away because his hands required immediate surgery. She held in her tears until she was out of the nurse's office, then found an isolated corner and buried her head in her hands, crying.

Did he have an accident? What was wrong with his hands? Would he be okay? How long would the surgery take? Was that why he couldn't reply to her texts or answer her calls? Why hadn't Sehun said anything?

'I didn't know!' Sehun looked as shocked as her when she confronted him, managing to find him hiding behind the building, skipping class once again. 'He's staying with Xiumin these days… and he's not talking or seeing anyone so…'

'Find out where he is and tell me. I'm going to visit him.' She told him, determinedly. To her surprise, though, Sehun shook his head.

'I don't think that’s a good idea.' He didn't meet her eyes. 'For you to meet with him.'

'Why not? He's sick!' She argued. 'And I need to explain about that kiss…'

'I don't think you can explain that.' Sehun muttered.

'Ya!' she punched his arm. 'Do you think it was deliberate? Huh? What are you saying?'

'No, I know you didn't do anything and it was Kai who… you know…' he nodded towards her lips. 'But now… well… it's done so maybe he's the one you should… you know…'

She stared at him incredulously. 'I should what, get stuck with him because he kissed me? What century is this, again?'

'Um…' Sehun looked away.   

'Why are you being like this? Are you taking his side???' She punched him again, hard. 'I thought you were my friend! You jerk!'

Hitting him again, she dashed away, ignoring him as he called after her.

……………………….

Angel was feeling very happy. Because it was Thursday and tomorrow, she would see Suho again. She'd been restless with excitement all night and even now, she could hardly stop bouncing on her feet.

She would see him again and they'd hold hands again – kiss again, her mind whispered and she blushed but yes, they'd kiss again. And this time, she'd make sure they took lots and lots of pictures together. If she could remember to that is, because he made her forget about so many things. She worried her lips as she walked, her feet taking her automatically along the familiar path to the bus stop.

She didn't notice – as she hadn't for the past days – the guy who was following her. She wasn’t paying attention, lost in happy thoughts as she crossed the shopping malls. There was a patch of new buildings – yet to be inhabited – that stretched for a block or so before she could get to the bus stop and it was here that he took his chance.

She didn't have time to react when a hand wrapped around her waist, pulling her into his body as his other covered . Her phone dropped out of her fingers as panic set in and she struggled wildly, trying to break his hold but he was strong and he dragged her inside the empty building. In the hustle and bustle, no one noticed her abduction.

 Her fear increased tenfold as they entered the dark room and he pushed her, face first, into the wall, her glasses cracking on impact. Blood dripped into her eye as a hand gripped her hair and yanked it roughly. The side of her face burned as it scratched against the rough surface. She struggled and screamed – scream, her mother had told her about such situations, loud as you can, scream first and think later – but he put something against her neck, cold and sharp.

Her heart stopped, then beat triple time as he dragged it along, breaking skin and beads of blood oozed out around her neck like a crimson necklace.  

'Make a sound and you'll never see light again.'

His breath, hot and panting, against her ear made her shudder with disgust.

She squeezed her eyes shut, heart thundering as he lowered his head against her neck and inhaled.

Help me… Suho…

………………

Suho stepped on the accelerator and his passengers whooped at the sudden speed. He was normally a very conscious driver, taking care to observe the traffic rules and abide by the speed limit.

Right now, however, all he could think about was getting to Angel.

For whatever reason, he was getting worried about her – his gut was twisting and he couldn't settle down. The search had taken longer to finish than he'd wanted, making him late. He'd known he wouldn't get to surprise her today – hell, he still had an hour of travel, even going like this.

But this was different. She was scared… no terrified… something was terribly wrong.

Help me… Suho…

He thought he heard her whisper, right in his ear and started. His heart was beating very hard and he tried to focus on the road instead of his worry.

Praying with all his might that she was okay, he shifted gears and sped up even more. To hell with city speed limits.

………………………

A/N

Because I felt the need for drama :P