Chapter 6

You Who Came From The Stars

Suho knew the boys were in the auditorium right now. Knew Lay was there with them, knew in his heart of hearts that it wasn't Lay he'd wanted to see at all. He knocked on the door of Music room three and waited. There was no response. He turned to go away, hesitated then tried the door.

It was unlocked.

He entered the room, feeling like he was stepping into holy ground. There was silence in the room, the room dark except for the sliver of light falling in from the window, the small silhouette framed by it making the atmosphere even more magical.

He in a breath; his heart was beating too fast. But this was something straight out of his fantasies.

Angel sat in the window ledge, her hair barely held in by the clip, glasses nearly slipping off her nose as she read her book. Her dainty hands, smudged with ink, turned the pages as she concentrated; her hair fell into her face and she tucked it back, behind her ear – smudging her cheek in the process.

Suho wondered how she'd react if he suddenly announced his presence. Possessed by sudden mischief, he coughed politely.

Angel reacted as if he'd rung the church bells in her ears, nearly jumping off the ledge. The book dropped out of her hands and she froze when she saw him. He smiled charmingly and watched with delight as her cheeks stained red. 'Hi.'

'H…hi.' She stuttered, blushing even more and looked down, twisting her hands. Feeling somewhat gleeful at her obvious discomfort – I'm so bad, he thought, not remorseful at all – he sauntered closer. She backed right into the ledge.

'I'm sorry, didn't mean to startle you.' Liar. 'Here, let me help.' He bent to pick her book, very close to her legs.

…………………………

Angel gulped, sure steam was coming out of her ears. It was that guy again, still looking like he'd stepped out of a picture.

She'd been thinking about him while she read her book – in fact, she had no idea what she'd been reading, as she'd been thinking about him and the song she was inspired to write. And now, he was here, right in front of her.

Bending to pick her book. So close, his shoulder brushed against her legs as he got up. She swallowed at the sensation and stretched a trembling hand out to receive the book and their fingers brushed as well.

Impossible as it might be, she felt herself getting even redder.

'Angel, was it?' She nodded, feeling ridiculously pleased. He knew her name.

She glanced up at him from beneath her lashes and their eyes met again. The moment stretched into infinity once again and she found herself getting lost in the depths of his eyes. It was a bewitching moment…

…broken by the harsh sound of phone ringing.

………………………….

Suho blinked, unable to comprehend for a moment what was going on. Then the vibration in his pants pocket made him realize his cell phone was ringing. Mentally cursing whoever was calling, he smiled at Angel. 'Excuse me, I have to get this.'

Shaking his head to get it out of whatever magic she'd woven, he answered the phone. And held it away from his ear as Tao screamed. 'Hurry up, we need help. ASAP!' The call disconnected.

Suho had started running soon as he'd heard the panic in Tao's voice. He waved a hand over his shoulder. 'I'm sorry, I have to go.'

He didn't want to leave but there was nothing he could do in a situation like this. He ran as if the hounds of hell were after him.

………………………..

Bonus Story: EXO Journal: A Voyage through the Galaxy 

Scene 4: In which Tao spills his heart to his Mom

Dear Diary

I'm sorry my first page was so emotional - there are even dried tear drops which, I think, looks very artistic - the sort of thing you'd see in dramas or movies or music videos. Anyway, so maybe I was being overdramatic last night but seriously, it hurt. Sehun, that butthead, made sure it landed on my head and I still have a sore spot there. But that is over and behind me.

I'm still mad at Suho, though. He abandoned me. Even though he's apologized thrice already but I'm not going to give in so easily and...

Suho (peeking inside his room): Tao?

Tao sits up and makes sure the diary is closed, not replying to Suho and just hunches his shoulders, face towards the wall. 

Suho (sounding a bit depressed): Ya, are you going to stop talking to me? 

Suho (comes inside): I already said I'm sorry - I didn't even hit you, why do I have to apologize? Sehun did that...

Tao (forgetting his resolution to not respond, turns around angrily): He's not the one who abandoned me! 

Suho (taken aback by his sudden outburst): Abandon...?

Tao (getting emotional) : Yes, abandon! My head was hurting and you just left because of Sehun - you don't care about me at all. No one does, everyone just keeps leaving me! Well you know what, I don't need you either - you can go back to Sehun and cuddle him and...

He stops, overcome and starts crying in earnest, turning back towards the wall. Suho blinks and shakes his head - he's completely forgotten how touchy Tao has become ever since Kris's emotional withdrawal.

The cub loves him and he is still young enough that he doesn't completely understand what the elder is going through or why he's retreated away from everyone. Of course he sees it as abandonment.

Sadly, he has also become highly insecure about his relationship with other elders, especially Suho whom he considers his mom - which, Suho thinks sardonically as he goes over to hug the cub, he might as well be for all practical purposes.

Tao buries his head in Suho's shoulder and cries his heart out, mumbling everything he's been feeling - which is a lot for just one day but Suho knows Tao is an emotional one, so he tries his best to comfort him. At last, Tao's tears dry out and his hiccups fade into silence.

Suho, his shoulder now aching because lets face it, Tao is much too big and has been leaning all his weight on the leader for the past thirty minutes, gently tries to straighten the cub and ease away. Only to grimace when Tao's arms tighten around him in a more secure hug that nearly chokes him. He pats his shoulder but the snore informs him the cub has fallen asleep. He sighs, knowing he won't be able to get away without help - which can take some time, seeing as none of the others are home at this time.  

Suho (patting Tao's head): What am I going to do with you?

Tao (snuggling closer, mumbling): Gucci...

Suho (outraged): Ya, after all this... is this what you dream about??? (Pushes him away and somehow manages to get buried underneath him) CHANYEOL!!! D.O!!!! HEEELPPP!!!

Tao (giggles in his sleep): Mommy's funny.