Chapter 78

You Who Came From The Stars

Mei was waiting when Suho drove Tiffany to her dorm. Angel's house had been closer to the hospital, so they'd dropped her off first and now, Sehun was helping – reluctantly and with a lot of complaints – Tiffany get out from the car and then walk to the entrance.

They were arguing as usual and Mei let out a relieved sigh when she saw her friend was alright. She'd been worried sick when she'd heard that she was at the hospital. When the two of her besties came into sight, however, Mei pretended not to see Sehun.

Something he obviously didn't like because he grabbed her ponytail to stop her.

'Let me go.' She told him coldly.

'What's wrong with you?' He asked instead.

'Nothing. Nothing's wrong, why should anything be wrong?' she feigned disinterest, then started talking to Tiffany, ignoring him.

'Ya!' He yanked her hair again, hard.

'Argh, let it go!' she slapped his hand away and glared at him.

'Why're you ignoring me?' He demanded.

'Because!' she snapped back.

Tiffany turned her head this way and that, following their mini fight.

'What kind of reason is that?' Sehun snapped right back.

'Whatever! Now you can taste what it feels like to be abandoned by your friends!' Mei told him, then grabbed Tiffany's arm and slung it over her shoulder.

Sehun pushed Mei away, grabbing Tiffany’s other arm and putting it over his shoulder.

'What's that supposed to mean?' He pulled her out of the gate and back into the street. Tiffany winced, trying to keep her balance and not put any weight on her foot.

Mei grabbed her hand with every intention of pulling her in. Sehun, anticipating her move, lifted Tiffany bodily out of the way, ignoring her squeal.

'Explain!' he ordered.

'If you need an explanation…' Mei began.

'You're saying I abandoned you when you were crying?' He sounded disbelieving.

'Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying.' Mei told him angrily. 'Both when I fought with him and today…'

'Well, excuse me for respecting your privacy!' Sehun snapped.

'I won't!' Mei declared, giving him a dirty look. 'You could've called!'

'I did!' Sehun exclaimed, then pushed Tiffany to the front. 'Ask the wasp!'

'Wasp..?' Tiffany stared at him in shock, then hit his chest. 'Jerk!'

'No excuses…'

Tiffany was getting tired of being pushed and pulled between the two, and much as it annoyed her that he'd called her a wasp, Mei was being unreasonable. Besides, her foot couldn't stand another bump. So she put her hand on Mei's shoulder, interrupting her incoming tirade.

'He did call.' She told her.

'When?' Mei asked.

'When you were too depressed to take it. That's how he annoyed me in the first place – he wouldn't stop calling!'

'Yes, thank you!' Sehun told her, giving her a hefty pat on the back that made her crash into Mei. 'See! And today as well.'

'Yeah, that too.' Tiffany spat out Mei's hair out of , cringing a little. 'He helped me arrange things for you and Lu… him, so…'

'Wow, so you can be nice too huh?' Sehun commented lightly, casting a triumphant look at Mei.

'Save it, Stickman.' Tiffany replied, finally managing to enter the gate.

'Stickman?' Sehun sputtered.

'Ya, you can't just let me be angry, can you?' Mei helped her sit in the chair often occupied by the guards. 'I was trying to get a treat out of him!'

'Hey!' Sehun protested. 'Why should I treat you? And what do you mean, Stickman?' He glared at the pair.

'Because you have a head bigger than your body and no .' Tiffany muttered under her breath. 'Like a stick figure.'

Mei stifled a giggle, forcing a frown on her face. 'Because you didn't come after me.'

'I was too busy getting her off Luhan's face!' Sehun pointed at Tiffany, who casually buffed her nails and blew at them, looking too innocent. 'Who, me?'

Mei wasn't sure whether she should hug Tiffany or tell her to have a heart – Luhan's beautiful face under Tiffany's long claws??? That thought made her wince in sympathy and worry. Her poor baby… she shook her head – he wasn't her poor anything until he properly apologized and made it up to her. Like Sehun.  

'Whatever. You still owe me a treat!' Mei declared, glaring at him. 'I won't take any excuses!'

'Whatever yourself. You're such a pain…' Grumbling all the way, Sehun made his way back to the patiently waiting car, then gave a heartless wave over his shoulder before zooming off into the night. Mei watched them go, then turned to stare at Tiffany.

'Did you really attack Luhan?' She asked.

Tiffany bit her lip, not meeting her eyes. 'He was a jerk to you… what do you think?'

'Wow, seriously?' Mei exclaimed. 'I'm not sure if I should hug you Tiff or tell you to keep your hands away from my man!'

'Hug me, of course.' Then, 'What do you mean…? Mei?' Her tone was stern and reprimanding.

It was Mei's turn to avoid her eyes. Tiffany rubbed her eyes. 'Have you completely lost it?' She demanded.

'Yeah… I have.' Mei sighed, then met her eyes. Tiffany rolled hers. 'And here I bawled my eyes out, thinking you were too hurt and hated me for making you meet with that jerk. Geez!'

'I know it's stupid and I'll probably regret it but…'

'What?'

'Just one more chance?' Mei gave her a puppy dog look. Tiffany looked away, not giving in. Mei started whimpering pathetically. 'Pwease!'

'Okay, fine!' Tiffany gave in, putting her hands up. 'Just stop doing that!'

'You're the best!' Mei hugged her friend, then helped her stand up.

'I'm only agreeing to this last chance, though.' Tiffany warned her. 'I'd normally go with whatever the two of you decide between yourselves, since it's none of my business. But if he makes you cry again, I'll scratch his eyes out.' She met Mei's eyes seriously. 'Just a heads up.'

Mei smiled. 'Okay, I'll keep that in mind.'

………………………….