Chapter 43

You Who Came From The Stars

Sehun and Tao stared at the empty stalls, then looked at each other. 'He ditched us.' Sehun stated flatly.

'Yeah.' Tao nodded.

'Where did he go?'

'How would I know?'

'You should know – you're older.'

'What kind of reasoning is that?'

'There you are!'

A hard slap on his made Sehun turn around – Baekhyun gave him the cheeky I-couldn't-resist-it-because-its-too-tempting smile he reserved for such occasions.

'So,' he rubbed his hands excitedly. 'Are we going to pants someone or what?'

'The stalls are empty!' Chen announced, peeking inside them. 'Are we going to wait for someone to show up?'

'Ya, who're we pranking?' Chanyeol asked, trailing inside. 'Kai?'

'Can we pull this prank somewhere else?' D.O asked, wrinkling his nose. 'This place stinks.'

'Will you guys stop talking?' Sehun demanded. 'We aren’t pranking anyone.'

'Yeah, Kai ditched us!' Tao exclaimed, gesturing loudly.

'Kai ditched us!' Baekhyun imitated him exaggeratedly, earning a punch on his arm. He punched right back and then, they were engaged in a punching game.

'Ya, you don't hit your elders!' Baekhyun exclaimed after a particularly enthusiastic punch, pushing him back. 'How many times have I told you that?' He suddenly reverted to his strict, elder mode, tapping his foot for effect. 'Hmm???'

Tao looked well reprimanded. 'Sorry.'

'Sorry doesn’t cut it!' He told him. 'Go and look for Kai in the girls' restroom.'

Tao's eyes expanded in shock. 'What? Why'

'Because you're so girly, they'll let you in.' Chanyeol told him, pulling his arm. 'Come on!'

'But… I don't want to…' Tao whined, resisting fruitlessly as he was dragged outside. Shaking his head at their stupidity, Sehun walked out. 'I'll just call him while you guys make fools out of yourselves.' He told Chen who was trailing behind the others.

'Oh, that's a good idea.' Chen nodded, taking out his cell. 'Kai…' he dialed the number, then waited. 'It's busy.'

'Ooh, but he only talks to D.O.'

They all looked at D.O who was simply lounging against the wall. 'What?' He growled, seeing their stares. Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun shared a meaningful look.

'You thinking what I'm thinking?' Chen asked, a naughty grin spreading across his face.

'Now's the perfect time, you know!' Chanyeol exclaimed excitedly. 'They're fighting and if he plays this right…'

'She'll fall right into his arms!' Baekhyun finished, literally jumping with excitement. 'What are we even doing here? Let's go!'

They started running towards the exit. 'Where are you guys running off too?' Tao called, running after them, dragging Sehun along.

'Oh, you two come along!' Stopping, Chanyeol spread out his long arms and dragged them both beside him. Then leaned a little further and grabbed D.O to pull him in. 'You too, you'll miss all the fun.'

'What fun?' D.O grumbled, straightening his cap when Chanyeol let him go. 'What are you three up to now?'

'If we're right, this will the better than those soap operas you watch!' Baekhyun told him.

'So…' Chen looked at Sehun and Tao. 'What's the way to the girl's hostel?'

……………………

'Are you sure this is okay?' Luhan asked Lily, holding up the chocolates and cute card he'd brought. She nodded. 'Ought to do the trick.'

'Okay… well, I guess I should get going then.'

'Even if she doesn't talk or reply, you must tell her how you feel, okay? And apologize before giving any explanations – this isn’t about right or wrong, alright?'

'Yeah.' He nodded. 'Okay… I'm going now.' He stood in the doorway, then turned. 'Should I take the bike? She kept muttering about the bike.' Xiumin had brought it back from the arcade yesterday.

'Park it out of sight, then walk to her.'

Nodding again, he finally headed out. He put on the helmet, kick-started his bike, then took off like hounds were chasing him.

'I do hope everything turns out okay.' Lily muttered.

'What're you muttering about?' Xiumin knocked on the counter. 'We have a family of six – four chocolate, one raspberry and one taro.'

'Got it, Minnie.' She replied sassily, ducking at his mock throw.

'That's another quarter less I owe you.' He told her when she handed over the tray to him.

'Whatever.' She stuck her tongue out. 'You still have a long way to go.'

'Why do I let you get away with this again?' He asked her, rolling his eyes turning away.

'Because you can't get done without me.' She winked. 'And you know it.'

Shaking his head – it was true, after all – he took the tray and took it to the waiting customers. So many people were coming these days, he felt he needed a bigger place. And with Evil coming near, they might have to relocate the headquarters.

Should start looking for a new place now.

He liked this place – it was convenient and close to the HQs and had a large number of prospective clientele. But if – and considering recent events, it seemed a rather likely if – they were to move, it would be difficult to navigate to and from work. Suho had acquired multiple buildings for emergencies and they'd be able to shift at a moment's notice. So… if he wanted to continue his work, he might need a new place.

He looked at Lily, wondering what she'd say about that. He didn't want to lose her – employees like her were a rare commodity, they had a good working relationship and understood each other.

In a sense, he supposed, they were like a married couple, not needing words to communicate. As was proved moments later when she simply looked at him and he understood they were running out of cups and straws. So he went into the store, digging out a new stock.

Well, he was busy right now but it was definitely something that needed thinking about. Later. Because two families had just come in and now, the place was full. He smiled at them, leading one family to a corner while Lily did the same for the other and sat them at the only empty table left.  

Yeah, he definitely needed a bigger place.

………………….