Chapter 91

You Who Came From The Stars

'I don't think this needs anything else.'

Their music teacher straightened, smacking the score sheet on the table and smiled. 'It's perfect now, so just practice it so you can play it without a hitch. Lay, I'm really impressed by how much you've improved in reading notes and Angel, your skills have polished quite a bit.'

Angel blushed at the compliment while Lay bowed beside her, thanking their teacher profusely for his appreciative words.

They were nearing the end of the year, the deadline for the submission for this year's project looming right around the corner and exams right after that.

Yet all she could bring herself to worry about was what to wear when she went over to Suho's this evening. He'd invited her over to give her a proper tour around the house, since the last time she'd shown up she'd ended up with the vision of her best friend kissing a child.

Honestly, she didn't know why she was so shocked – it wasn't like she hadn't known he was into guys, she had seen him with Kai before, hadn't she?

But she sort of thought about Sehun and Tao as kids and seeing childish, bratty Sehun sharing candies romantically… it had disoriented her, made her realize he was almost a grown up.

She kind of thought that's how her mother would feel if she saw her kissing Suho.

Whatever it was, it was in the past and she would rather not think about it. Instead, she asked Lay what sort of housewarming gift she should take.

'You don't need to…' Lay protested.

'But it's polite.' She insisted. 'And I…' Suddenly shy, she ducked her head down. Lay leaned close, smiling, 'What?'

'Um… I, uh… what sort of… gift..?'

'For Suho?'

She nodded, feeling her face heat up. She wanted to give him something really special – he'd given her those musical scores to add to her collection. And now, he'd taken to giving her tiny trinkets every time they met.

'Um…' he thought, biting his lip thoughtfully. Then, smiled. 'How about…'

She listened to him attentively, nodding. It did sound like a good idea.

'Or…' he rubbed his neck, 'you can give him a book – he likes to read.'

'No, I think your idea is good,' she nodded, decided. 'Um… I'd like it to be a surprise, though.'

'My lips are…' he pretended to zip them up.

Smiling, she headed towards the class.

……………………

Luhan leaned his head back, staring up at Mei. She smiled down at him, her hair falling forward, putting her face in a shadow. Lifting up his arm, he tucked it behind her ear and ignored the heartfelt sighs of the group sitting some distance away.

Their combined fans never left them alone, which was why he had to bunk during class to get some privacy. But, he supposed it was a good thing, seeing as he needed to avoid Mei.

Mei, though, was very annoyed by the girls – and some guys – following them around all the time; her thoughts were happy when he'd tucked her hair back but immediately turned to irritation at the sighs.

'Ya, come on over!' Minho kicked the ball into Luhan's feet. 'Stop lazing about.'

'I just got a break!' Luhan called back, unwilling to leave her just yet. They were in the practice field where he'd been playing, preparing for the upcoming final match.

'We're starting in five minutes!' he called over his shoulder, busy discussing something with some other players. Luhan ignored him, looking up at her. She pouted. 'You're so busy these days…'

'I am.' He nodded, grinning when his noncommittal reply annoyed her. 'But so are you.'

The ending weeks were always the toughest, loads and loads of assignments along with project deadlines and who knew what else. She sighed heavily, her hands playing with his hair. 'I have so many things to do…' she muttered. But I miss you so much… her unsaid thought flashed into his head and he felt his heart melt. No wonder she didn't like their audience. Well, he could keep himself in check for a kiss, right?

'You should get going.' He told her, sitting up. 'Practice'll go on until evening so…'

She huffed. 'Fine.' Stood up, dusted her clothes. He smiled at her annoyed face, standing up himself, then grabbed her hand. 'C'mon.'

Soon as they neared the exit, he started running. She yelped at the sudden speed, then started running beside him, giggling as Minho yelled at him to come back. He didn't look back and soon, they turned the corner, leaving the field behind. He looked around and ducked inside the small, old-fashioned residential plot, its walls covered in vines and the overgrown garden providing adequate cover. He didn't stop, going to the backyard instead so they couldn’t be seen from the road, then let her hand go, bending over to catch his breath.

She let out an excited giggle and he glanced at her, laughing a little himself. Then straightened and pulled her into his body. 'So… where were we?'

She bit her lip, eyes lit up with mischief and her face flushed. She got more beautiful every time he saw her. 'We were talking about how busy we were…'

'Ah yes.' He nodded, his fingers playing around with her shirt on their own accord. She'd wrapped her arms around his neck and her fingers were playing with the hair on the nape of his neck and he had a feeling that even a single kiss might be a bad idea.

He was all about taking risks.

'Tell me,' He leaned closer, until their breaths mingled. 'I'm all ears…'

She giggled again, then started talking – knowing exactly how much it annoyed him when she did that. 'So I have…'

Well, two could play the game. He nodded attentively, his hands busy pulling her shirt out of her skirt. She squirmed a little, rubbing deliciously against him and the naughty look in her eyes told him she'd done that deliberately. Ooh, she really wanted to play, didn't she?

The shirt was completely out, so he put his hands underneath it, feeling her soft skin. He hadn’t gone too far above her waist so far but now…

'You were saying?' he asked, enjoying as she suddenly broke off, glancing up at him in surprise. He smiled back innocently – as if his hand hadn't just breached what she would call 'private property'. A blush stained her cheeks prettily but she narrowed her eyes at him and she took her hands away from his neck, latching onto his waist instead.

Tit for tat, he thought as her fingers slid under his shirt and began travelling up, feeling his abs, ah, I love how she thinks! 

Her hands spread out, her palms rubbing teasingly across the skin, then slid to his back. He bit his lip, looking down at her and she smiled back innocently. Like him.

He bared his teeth in mock threat and she bared them right back. He chuckled – she probably had no idea why he'd done that but she would find out soon. Like, now.

'Luhan!' Her voice was breathless but that was kind of irrelevant when her 'private property' was in his face and he had to get her against something soon or he'd completely lose it. He carried her, her legs wrapping around his waist securely and he was on her the moment her back hit the wall.

They were both panting when he let her go and he didn't wait, going down to her delectable little neck like it was the most delicious treat in the world.

Which it was, if anyone cared. He didn't. He was too busy ing her shirt. She tried to push his hand away but that was irrelevant too because he knew she was just aching for him to put his mouth…

Dammit!

His hands stilled as he recalled his resolution to not come near Mei for Kai's sake.

! , , !!!

'What's wrong?' she tilted his head up, pushing his hair out of his face. He shook his head, smiling. 'Everything's… whoa!'

'Just fine!' she smiled triumphantly, pushing him back into the wall. He stared helplessly as she leaned in, presumably to kiss him and tried, really tried, to control his desire that was fast on the way of getting uncontrollable. He had to stop her before she kissed him or he'd completely lose it and poor Kai would end up doing who knew what to who knew who.

What do to, what to do????

He closed his eyes and said the first thing that popped into his head. 'LilyissleepingwithXiumin!'

………………………

Kai let out a sigh of relief as the overpowering desire faded from his link and he relaxed his body, slumping against seat.

'You okay?' Tiffany asked, concern coating her voice. He smiled reassuringly. 'Yeah.'

She smiled back sweetly, then frowned at the gagging sounds from Sehun. 'You have a problem?'

Sehun opened his mouth but Kai pinched his leg. 'N…!' he glared at Kai, 'What the hell?'

'I think you should get going.' Kai told him, pushing him out of the seat. Sehun leaned back against him. 'No way, I haven't eaten yet!'

'Seriously!' Kai growled in his ear, 'Give us some privacy!'

'Not happening!' Sehun growled back.

'I'm fine now.' He protested.

'I'm not talking about you.' Sehun replied back, making him roll his eyes. Tiffany watched them struggle for some time, then huffed.

This was what happened every time she was Kai – Sehun would show up and mess everything up. He didn't let her have any privacy with him and after their last almost kiss, Kai hadn't sought her out again.

She didn't know whether she should be happy about that or not. Logically, she supposed, she should be glad that he wasn't using her – they both knew his feelings were not real and kissing her would've been leading her on.

But, somehow, a broken heart didn't sound such a bad idea, not when she was with him. She could love enough for both of them…

Snap out of it!

She closed her eyes, suddenly tired. It was so hard, having to resist him all the time, having to keep this firm check over herself. She didn't learn, did she? Always, always falling for the unattainable. Always someone who couldn't love her back.

She swallowed, blinking the sudden tears in her eyes. She couldn't blame anyone for her foolish choices but maybe she should be thankful for the one who was helping her – however unintentionally.

She looked at Sehun from underneath her eyelashes – his interfering antics were currently the only thing keeping her away from heartbreak, no matter how much he annoyed her. And no matter how much of jerk he could be, he was still, at heart, a nice guy.

And he looked good – really good…

She shook her head at her weird thoughts – must be PMS, making her overemotional. Thankfully, her cellphone beeped just then, distracting her.

It was Mei.

Meet me quick. Code red.

She blinked, then reread the text, a grin breaking out on her face.

Where?

She texted back; her reply came immediately. She sent an affirmative message, then looked up at the boys who were all but wrestling in their seats.

'I have to go.'

They stilled, faces paused in ridiculously similar expressions – guess they are brothers after all, she thought – then Kai broke the silence. 'No, Sehun's leaving.'

'I'm not!' Sehun crossed his arms, leaning back stubbornly.

She shook her head. 'It's not like that…just… something came up – it's rather urgent.'

Sehun looked at her suspiciously but Kai leaned forward, concerned. 'Everything alright?'

'Yeah. Girl stuff.'

Nodding, he stood up and kicked Sehun's legs. 'Get out of the way!'

Grumbling, rubbing his shins, Sehun shifted then stood up, presumably to follow them. Kai pushed him back in the seat. 'Let me say goodbye.'

He sniffed. 'Whatever.' Then gave a warning glare to Tiffany, pointing two fingers first at his own eyes then at her and mouthed, I'm watching.

Resisting the urge to smack him, she started walking away and tried not to let the fact that Kai'd grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together, get to her. He smiled down at her, making her heart skip – stop it! – then leaned to peck her cheek.

They were back to that again.

Heaving a hefty sigh, she waved over her shoulder and started hurrying away. The sooner she got away from him, the lesser the chance that she would burst into tears.

PMS always was such a .

………………………….

'He wants to sleep with you.'

Mei choked on her drink, coughing as she glanced at Tiffany.

'You're sure? I'm not… misunderstanding or anything?' She tried to still her thumping heart.

'I don't see why else he would bring that up – especially given what you were doing…' Tiffany's face broke into a naughty grin. 'Which sounds fun, by the way. You have to show me that plot…'

'Oh hush!' Mei fanned her blushing face. 'We didn't even properly make out.'

'Who needs making out when you can…'

'Shut up!'

They were seated in a cafeteria that was thankfully devoid of her and Luhan's fans and she'd just related everything to Tiffany. She'd been rather surprised by his out of the blue statement – what did she care if Lily was sleeping with Xiumin… no wait, she did care – Tiffany had told her Lily was dating her boss but sleeping with him… wow, things must be serious between those two. And hello, Lily could give her tips if she decided to indeed sleep with Luhan.

Her face burned at the thought and Tiffany, ever sharp, noticed immediately. 'Care to share your dirty thoughts???' she wiggled her eyebrows.

'What should I do?' She groaned, leaning on her elbows and grabbing her hair. 'I feel like we're moving too fast.'

'Pfft, what fast? You've been with him nearly a month now, haven't you? I say go for it.'

'You just don't want to be the first to lose it.'

Tiffany grinned unrepentantly – despite her numerous relationships, she hadn't slept with anyone. Not that anyone would think that, looking at her.

'True but I haven't spent my life waiting for The One.' She shrugged. 'He's it for you, so it really doesn't matter when you…'

'Your reasoning .' Mei huffed, then shook her head. 'I can't do it just yet.'

'Do what?'

They glanced up, then grinned. 'Hey Lily!' Mei greeted her calmly but Tiffany grabbed her hand and pulled her beside her.

'So…' she began, wiggling her eyebrows. 'How was it?'

………………………

'C'mon, don't be shy! We know what you did!' Tiffany was all but dancing in her seat.

'What did I do?' Lily asked again, frowning. Mei and Tiffany kept giving her significant looks and going by their demeanor, she was supposed to know what they were talking about.

She didn’t.

'Ya seriously! Don’t feign innocence!' Mei smacked her hand on the table.

'Give me a hint will you?'

'A hint, hmm?' She knew she wasn't going to like this before Tiffany opened . 'A bed, two people and one of them is you.' She smirked. 'Sound familiar?'

She stared at her in surprise – they were talking about her stay with Xiumin? What was so… oh!

'It's not like that!' she protested. 'I didn't have any place else to stay.'

'Of course. Why stay anywhere else when your boyfriend's…'

'He's not my…'

'You slept with him!' Tiffany smacked the table with her fist as a gavel. Lily jumped in surprise, then looked at her. 'Do you deny it?'

She opened to do just that. Mei stalled her. 'Just so you know, we have an eyewitness.'

'Wha…? Who?'

'I can't reveal the name of my source.' Mei sniffed.

'It's Luhan, isn't it?' Lily raised a brow.

'Aha! How could you know that if you hadn’t met him this morning at Xiumin's place???'

'What?' She blinked in shock. Then rubbed her forehead. 'Let's start over – I did sleep with him…'

'I knew it!' Tiffany highfived Mei.

'Hear me out first,' Lily tried to interrupt their impromptu happy dance but her cellphone rang. She answered the call, leaving the seat for some privacy. 'Is everything okay?'

'Yes, everything's fine.' Her brother sounded cheerful. 'They think she's improved – her eyes were more responsive today and she even moved her fingers when they pinched her.'

She smiled, feeling a flood of relief. 'Thank God! Ah, do they think she'll wake up soon?'

'They're very hopeful. I had to tell you that!'

'Of course, thanks! I love you!' she told him, feeling a little teary.

'Me too. I'll call you later. Bye.'

She hung up, then slipped back into the seat, smiling. 'Where were we?'

'You were about to give us the down low on playing dirty with Xiumin.'

The good news about Rose had put her in good humor, so she decided to play along. Besides, it really didn't matter to her if they thought she was in a relationship with Xiumin – they both knew the truth and that was that.

And if he could use her name to garner a reputation – she had noticed the way all his brothers treated him like awed admiration and she had an inkling it had to do with how he'd kissed her that time. Point being, tit for tat.

It was about time she got something out of their non-relationship. She smiled sweetly. 'What d'you wanna know?'

…………………………